Menu

Crock Pot Hissy Fit...

I got up early yesterday to get supper in the crock pot (that has never cooked correctly but it's the only one I have) since I had an afternoon class. It looked promising. Lots of yummy veggies for me and oniony roast for the hubby and kiddies. I got home at 4:30 to find the roast still red and the veggies still hard. I almost started crying, since my dh was taking the girls to a library meeting at 5 and they needed to eat. We scrambled them some eggs instead. :tongue_smilie: "So, Mr. Hamilton Beach...you are on my hit list. You are now banished from my presence. I am making you into a planter for herbs." :D My hubby had to go to work for a special project last night, and got home early this morning. When I went in the kitchen to make coffee...there on the counter was a shiny new crockpot! I love this man!

Aw, dump that old one and enjoy your new shiny workhorse. (I love a good crock-pot.)

I'm making a cheesy-corn-potato chowder today, and love that it's just so easy.

I got up early yesterday to get supper in the crock pot (that has never cooked correctly but it's the only one I have) since I had an afternoon class. It looked promising. Lots of yummy veggies for me and oniony roast for the hubby and kiddies. I got home at 4:30 to find the roast still red and the veggies still hard. I almost started crying, since my dh was taking the girls to a library meeting at 5 and they needed to eat. We scrambled them some eggs instead. :tongue_smilie: "So, Mr. Hamilton Beach...you are on my hit list. You are now banished from my presence. I am making you into a planter for herbs." :D My hubby had to go to work for a special project last night, and got home early this morning. When I went in the kitchen to make coffee...there on the counter was a shiny new crockpot! I love this man!

I feel for you. After all the hub-bub on the lead in crockpots I threw out my rivals and bought a hamilton beach one. It never worked right and things that used to take 4-5 hours in my Rival would take 10 hours in my hamilton beach. So in the end I pitched the hamiton beach and bought another rival.

I wish you the best of luck with your new crockpot.