Menu

What have you used a twist tie for?

Woot :w00t: for me! I have fianlly found a good use for all those pesky twist ties that I always have!

Repairing my sons glasses! The screw came out of the part that hold one of the lenes in and I was able to use a twist tie to keep it together until we go to his Dr. on Monday! Woohoo! :hurray:

Share ladies (and gents) you twist tie tales!

:grouphug::grouphug:

Repairing my sons glasses! The screw came out of the part that hold one of the lenes in and I was able to use a twist tie to keep it together until we go to his Dr. on Monday!

Genius!

Two things I can immediately think of are:

Tying all those pesky cords from the electronics (and the Christmas Village) together so I can more easily conceal behind curtains or table legs.

Tying the legs together on the roast chicken.

Both of these applications require connecting several twist ties together.

I know someone who used it as an engagement ring!

Securing a 'tag' or license plate (as we call them in NJ) to the license plate frame on a vehicle.

Mariann

Emergency Pony Tail Holders

Key ring

baby locks on cabinets (for a visiting baby)

I've used one as a zipper pull on a pair of boots. I think the same one has been on there for 3-4 years now.

:lol::lol::lol:

Y'all ever been called rednecks?

You might be a redneck if....

Awesome!

:lol:

Awesome!

:lol::lol::lol: Not to offend anyone, but out of everything I have probably been called, I am certain that 'redneck' was not in that litany! OH, and the plate (or tag) we secured with the twisty-tie was on dd's car when she was a teenager; -

I go :auto: to the car wash probably three times a week - I hate having a dirty 'truck' (it's a Hummer! :lol:) - and I just would not be able to drive something that had anything attached to it with a twisty-tie. And, this is a true story -- Years ago while my dad was still alive, my mom's Mercedes got a flat tire -- she called him and told him that she could not have a car that did things 'like that' -- and he had the car towed and bought her another one. Please, no judgements, no flames -- it's just a little story.

After reading this thread, it just shows how h/schoolers think outside the box...and my mom clearly was not a homechooler.

Mariann

:lol::lol::lol:

Awesome!

I think rednecks would use duct tape (or duck tape) for these. Twist-ties show some evolutionary progress, I do believe. :D

:lol::lol::lol: Not to offend anyone, but out of everything I have probably been called, I am certain that 'redneck' was not in that litany! OH, and the plate (or tag) we secured with the twisty-tie was on dd's car when she was a teenager; -

Mariann

I had a rag as a gas cap....no kidding, I kept losing my gas cap and got tired of buying them....it was a 67 Ford Falcon with a 289 under the hood...Man I miss that car!

I think rednecks would use duct tape (or duck tape) for these. Twist-ties show some evolutionary progress, I do believe. :D

Really? Why I do declare I have moved up! :D (no worries folks, I live in back woods NC so I can say these thing...and yes I live in a mobile home...a double wide tyvm;))

I had a rag as a gas cap....no kidding, I kept losing my gas cap and got tired of buying them....it was a 67 Ford Falcon with a 289 under the hood...Man I miss that car!

Really? Why I do declare I have moved up! (no worries folks, I live in back woods NC so I can say these thing...and yes I live in a mobile home...a double wide tyvm;))

:grouphug:

:lol::lol::lol: I went to an all-girls High :Angel_anim: School - the HOTTEST guy at the nearby all-boys prep school drove a Ford Falcon (until his dad bought him a GTO) -- but it was probably a '67 or thereabouts......THAT is so funny!

As for the gas cap, if mine weren't tethered to the truck, I would lose it too. Folks are always beeping their horns at me :auto: to tell me that I haven't put the gas cap back on -- am I suppposed to remember EVERYTHING?! :svengo: Mariann

Am I the only one who uses them the way they were intended? On the bags they come with? :D

I do usually have a few extra twist ties, but I use them for those fold-over sandwich bags. Original, huh? I buy those because they're a lot cheaper than the zipper seal bags. I buy those too--I have a fully stocked foil/wrap/bag drawer so I can pick any size/type of bag or wrap, depending on what it's needed for.

Oh, one more use--tying closed freezer food bags--like frozen corn, peas, beans, etc... :tongue_smilie:

I'm not very original. We use them for:

Securing cords behind the TV.

Winding up an storing/labeling misc. cords (we don't need 5 dig camera USB cords out).

Key ring so my son wouldn't lose the key ring in his back pack the one time he needed to carry it.

Fixing random toys that had wheels come off.

Securing lose straps that hang down on things like the ironing board cover (I tethered the straps to the wire)

Holding a curtain in an open position. (I twisted the wire to the rod, to make a block so the curtain wouldn't go past that point)

Bundling art supplies like pipe cleaners, so they don't take over :0)

Bundling paint brushes so the kids know which ones they can use freely and which ones they have to ask to use. I bundle the 'good' ones. (same for markers)

I like zip ties too, but only in places that I know won't need to done/undone frequently. They can be hard to cut, so I don't like to use them around power cords (less I slip and cut the cord).

I have 6 inch Velcro straps too, designed for electronic cords, but they are usually too long to do much good as you end up seeing the strap.