Menu

Help me interpret this comment:

At first glance, it makes me angry. But then I can imagine a few of my more joke-prone friends laying that out there and not meaning what it looks like. Is this person usually a joker? If not, I'd be irritated that they just implied that virtual education doesn't work in the real world.

You could assume she's being positive, and respond with something like "yes, with so many jobs being online/distance these days, virtual high school is a great real-world experience!" Then even if she's not being positive, you've nipped it in the bud in a kind way.

You could assume she's being positive, and respond with something like "yes, with so many jobs being online/distance these days, virtual high school is a great real-world experience!" Then even if she's not being positive, you've nipped it in the bud in a kind way.

This is along the lines of what I was gonna say, but you said it so well. :)

She actually has a part time job as a stand up comedienne. She's very funny, usually.

Oh, well then I'd say it was an attempt at humor.

Maybe the response:

(crickets)

Could convey, in a jolly funny way, that the joke was not so funny.

That's what I post when people make "jokes" like that on my page ;)

I actually think the comment *is* funny, and I'd probably respond with, "Yep, it's becoming a virtual world nowadays...as long as nobody starts a trend of "virtual toilet paper", we'll all be ok!" :D

:lol: YES! I'd go with that! Along with a virtual paycheque and no throwing virtual tomatoes! :lol: ha, that one would get her attention! :lol:

Ah, then I don't think she meant any harm. I think it's intended to be more of a statement on the economy than it is on your educational choices.

This is *exactly* what I was about to say. Virtual jobs b/c there aren't any.

:iagree: "virtual jobs" = lack of jobs lately & all the people who have lost jobs because of the economy