Menu

What vitamins do you, your kids and your husband take?

I just weaned my youngest and so for the last few years I have been taking pre-natals. My husband, who HATES taking vitamins, I normally give him a multi, fish oil, vit D and CoQ10. My kids just take a flinstone. IS there something more I should be doing for the them? Should I have them do cod liver oil? They are 4, 3, and 1 (the 1 year old doesnt' take a vitamin yet). What should I be taking?

Thank you!

My husband and I only take Vit C and Cod LIver OIl. My kids get a Mult. Vit. and extra C when they are sick or we are going to be with lots of people (just to build their immunity a little). I know that Cod liver oil is really good for them, I just haven't found a way that they will take it...I am on the search for that though.

I take a multivitamin (prenatal, because I keep lactating ;) ), cod liver oil when I remember to, and an iron supplement. I'm functionally anemic (it doesn't show up when I have my hemoglobin tested, but I'm a different woman when I have supplemental iron!).

Oldest dd takes a multivitamin and vit C during the winter. Same for ds. I need to get both of them on CLO again.

Youngest dd doesn't yet take a multi but does take an iron supplement. She's pretty severely anemic; we're hoping her levels have gone up somewhat when she goes to get retested.

I just weaned my youngest and so for the last few years I have been taking pre-natals. My husband, who HATES taking vitamins, I normally give him a multi, fish oil, vit D and CoQ10. My kids just take a flinstone. IS there something more I should be doing for the them? Should I have them do cod liver oil? They are 4, 3, and 1 (the 1 year old doesnt' take a vitamin yet). What should I be taking?

Thank you!

What's great about SuperKids is it's a liquid. My kids were taking gummy bears for years but I never liked that it was sticky like candy. My dentist finally told me that the gummy bears and other chewables were not good for the teeth so I finally made the switch two years ago.

disclaimer: this is for our family, you can keep taking gummy, flintstones etc. I am not saying they are bad, we are just going a different route ;)

What's great about SuperKids is it's a liquid.

where do you get this? and what is the other that you take during cold season??

I buy it at Supermoms Health & Wellness but if I'm going to purchase Berry Well in bulk then I buy it HERE. Right now I'm running low on the Superdad, kids & mom so I'll just buy it at the Supermom's site. If you join her mailing list she will let you know when she has sales and that is when I purchase the vitamins.

DS is taking Poly-Vi-Sol liquid as a multi vit and to up his vit D levels. I don't think it's high enough (only 800 iu's/day) but that's what the doc has him on. DD just takes a chewable multi. I'd like to put them both on Omegas but they won't swallow those big oil capsules.:glare:

I'm on Omegas, B 6, B12, 5000 iu of D, and potassium. DH takes the same but no potassium. He's not as regular about it but I'm trying. I might have to look into the liquid. He's a big baby about swallowing pills but really needs the Omegas for heart health (he's on Lipitor and his triglycerides are pretty bad) and he badly needs the B's for energy. He seems so tired all the time.

We've been taking Juice Plus for the past couple of years and basically have gotten maybe a cold or two...no other illness. They have gummies for kids, capsules and chewables for adults.

We are starting to take some products from Nature's Sunshine http://www.naturessunshine.com/us/shop/default.aspx. Once you buy $40 worth, you are eligible for the member prices. They have omega 3s for kids plus some other things I'm interested. They also have adult products.

Thank you!

Me... I take a multivitamin, Bcomplex, magnesium, calcium w/D.

Kids take a kids chewable multivitamin.

Dd is going to see a nutritionist soon as she became a vegetarian and I want to make sure she is getting enough of nutrients.

Dh doesn't take any.

My dh won't take anything.

My 11yo takes Target brand multivitamin gummies, Lil Critter omega gummies, Vitafusion calcium/D gummies, and has vitamin C powder in her morning juice.

My 14yo has calcium powder in her morning juice. She also has vitamin C powder and vitamin D drops in her evening smoothie. She has an amazing diet, so I'm really not worried about a multi for her.

I take a children's chewable vitamin (don't do pills well) and a calcium/D gummie. I also have vitamin c powder and vitamin D drops in my evening smoothie.

My 16yo won't take anything.

I just started MegaMultiple by Pure Essence Labs. I took a vitamin holiday recently and actually felt better. But, I got sick 2 times in 3 months. Antibiotic required to get over being sick. The doc said I needed to take a food based multi. So, long story short, I got this one. It calls for 4/day, but I take 3. I also take Solaray cal/mag/d and fish oil.

Dd's take a multi. Oldest takes Preteen by Michaels and Berry Greens by New Chapter. Not sure what Berry Greens does, but her allergies and eczema is much better when she takes it.

Youngest does a gummy bear mulit along with a whole food antioxident gummy.

I have been really taking a ton of probiotics and keifer and yogurt since I have had antibiotics recently. Everyone takes cod liver oil (but me, I take fish oil). By the way, I haven't had a migraine since starting fish oil.

We have been taking Reliv (a powder mixed with liquid) for many years and it's been awesome for our general health and a host of issues. Lately, I have been curious about trying something new - a little less money and a little easier to do. It was hard to find something that I was ok with - the pill thing passing through you...

I just ordered Nature's Alive Whole Food multi's - the tablets for me and hubby and a rice protein powder for all three boys cuz they can't swallow yet. I am hoping it will be good!! They got excellent reviews so I thought I would give it a try!

I take : GNC Women's Ultra Mega Wellness Program. It has everthing I need and it really helps with PMS ;).

http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3916009&cp=3796095.3408676.3477763.3961015

My kids take: GNC Kid's MultiBite

http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2133870&cp=3593185.2108484

along with a chewable vit. C, and Primadophilus

If you want your kids to get more Omega 3s, they will love these chews: http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3872784&cp=3593185.2108484

I get them now and then.