Menu

Can anyone recommend some light but good Christian nonfiction?

Beth Moore would be considered a little light by some--easy to read, much to ponder. She's got some good ones out, but a lot of her stuff is informed by the abuse she suffered as a child and the resultant life she lead before she...well, didn't anymore, for lack of a better way to describe it! lol

I really like her studies more than her books, but you might like the books.

A couple of my best books from the last year:

Thirsting for God in a Land of Shallow Wells by Matthew Gallatin

Facing East by Frederica Mathews-Green

A Mother's Rule of Life by Holly Pierot (she's Roman Catholic, which I'm not, but the ideas were wonderful)

Father Arseny: Priest, Prisoner, Spiritual Father

And one I want to read soon:

Close to Home by Molly Sabourin

A couple of my best books from the last year:

Thirsting for God in a Land of Shallow Wells by Matthew Gallatin

Facing East by Frederica Mathews-Green

A Mother's Rule of Life by Holly Pierot (she's Roman Catholic, which I'm not, but the ideas were wonderful)

Father Arseny: Priest, Prisoner, Spiritual Father

And one I want to read soon:

Close to Home by Molly Sabourin

I love all the Mathews-Green books! I also heartily second the Father Arseny book. I could not put it down! A Mother's Rule transformed my day, and I love the Molly Sabourin podcast so I bet I love the book (it's on my list). We like the same stuff! :)

That said, I will recommend you read "The Gurus, the Young Man, and Elder Paisios" (another page turner) and " Bread & Water, Wine & Oil: An Orthodox Christian Experience of God" by Fr. Melitos Weber. These are the best "light reading" I have done lately.. . my other reading has been a bit deeper. I am reading like a starving person, and am thinking of taking a little break to let it all soak in :).