Menu

Has anyone else watched, The Tudors?

We borrowed Season 1 of The Tudors TV show from our library. And then quickly watched all of Season 2 and now I can't wait to get Season 3 that just came out today.

We barely watch any TV and do not get Showtime anyway to watch the show on. I actually had never even heard of it but thought we would give it a whirl, and my dh and I really got into it. Now it definitely has waaaaay to much s*x for my taste, but the story line is awesome and addictive. And this is coming from a story where you basically know what is going to happen to each and everyone of Henry's wives :glare:

Anyway, just wondered if I was the only one sucked into this morally deprave time period of a show?

We borrowed Season 1 of The Tudors TV show from our library. And then quickly watched all of Season 2 and now I can't wait to get Season 3 that just came out today.

We barely watch any TV and do not get Showtime anyway to watch the show on. I actually had never even heard of it but thought we would give it a whirl, and my dh and I really got into it. Now it definitely has waaaaay to much s*x for my taste, but the story line is awesome and addictive. And this is coming from a story where you basically know what is going to happen to each and everyone of Henry's wives :glare:

Anyway, just wondered if I was the only one sucked into this morally deprave time period of a show?

Are you talking about the CBC production? I watched the first season, but then it got way too far off the historical course and way too far into the soap opera course to keep my interest.

Totally love the costumes, though! :001_smile:

I've just started it. It is fun. It is depraved...but what can you say about that whole situation? Poor Charles only had to talk about Camilla's tampon and he's lost his turn at the throne for it. This other guy keep offing the wives, yet he gets to keep his. (Throne, that is).

Edited by LibraryLover

I've just started it. It is fun. It is depraved...but what can you say about that whole situation? Depraved is pretty much what it was. Poor Charles only had to talk about Camilla's tampon and he's lost his turn at the throne for it. This other guy keep offing the wives, yet he gets to keep his. (Throne, that is).

I think the key is to actually be in possession of the throne before going off the deep end.

:lol:

We loved the Tudors. Fourth season start in Jan or Feb. I was disappointed to hear that they would not be going through the children's reigns as well. I also had difficulty with the parts that were not historically accurate because it confuses me. It's hard enough to remember things correctly in the first place without media mixing it up on ya.

We watch The Tudors, but enjoyed Rome more. It may be a little bit more depraved.

Love both...

Dd can't wait till season four starts. She went through Tudor mania about a year ago, and read just about every book on the family she could get her hands on (both fiction & non). We also watched the old BBC/Masterpiece Theater series, The Six Wives of Henry the Eight, and Elizabeth the I.

Oh, and If some here have liked Rome, check out I Claudius. Not as slick, but wonderful non-the-less.

We only watched the first season of The Tudors. It was just too far off from a historical standpoint, it drove me crazy. The entire character of Henry just does not ring true.

I did like Rome but I never got the feeling it was pretending to give an accurate view of history. In fact, it's almost like the Forrest Gump of historical fiction. ;) The characters ring true, even when you know Atia wasn't completely crazy. There is reason given for the Senate's fears about Caesar, even though his first stint as consul is glossed over. I was disappointed with the depiction of the crossing of the Rubicon.

I'm completed addicted to the Tudors as well. Of course as a costume junkie, I adore the costumes (they got much better 2nd season although still not totally accurate), but I really liked Jonathan Rhys Meyers as Henry VIII, and I thought the actress who played Anne Boleyn gave the best interpretation I've seen. Much better than The Other Boleyn girl. I can't wait for season 3!

It's so historically inaccurate and the costumes...OMG as a historical costumer this just CHAPS me. Still, I'm hooked. It's like drugs -- you know they're bad for you, but you can't stop using.

It's so historically inaccurate and the costumes...OMG as a historical costumer this just CHAPS me. Still, I'm hooked. It's like drugs -- you know they're bad for you, but you can't stop using.

Watching the Tudors is like eating a fudge brownie with ice cream and caramel sauce. Hey maybe even a dollop of freshly whipped cream as well. :D

I'm completed addicted to the Tudors as well. Of course as a costume junkie, I adore the costumes (they got much better 2nd season although still not totally accurate), but I really liked Jonathan Rhys Meyers as Henry VIII, and I thought the actress who played Anne Boleyn gave the best interpretation I've seen. Much better than The Other Boleyn girl. I can't wait for season 3!

I didn't like Jonathon as Henry but I absolutely loved Natile Dormer as Anne.