Menu

We're so sad here today.

We lost a pet this morning. I've been trying to help a snake which was having a hard time, and he didn't make it. I guess I should be happy that the experts feel it was unlikely for him to have made it this long, and that I did everything possible, but still.

Some may have a hard time imagining such affection for a snake, but the reptiles here are as loved as the mammals.

Ds is having a particularly hard time. None of us feels we really need to take the day off, but we are working and crying, and then working and crying some more.

RIP, Neo.

:crying:

~Lisa

I'm so sorry for your loss. He sounds like a much love member of the family. I found that when our cat disappeared (most likely into the paws of a coyote) that it did help to keep our routine but I also "gave myself a break" by realizing that we were'nt going to be quite as productive as when we weren't mourning. The first week was really, really hard. The second was still hard but better. :crying:

while I'm not fond of snakes..it's so hard to lose a pet that you've grown to love...furry or not. I hope your ds is okay. When my ds9 lost his hamster he was really sad (tried not to show it, but he was upset). Give him some extra luvin today and I pray you both feel better soon. Hugs.

We lost a pet this morning. I've been trying to help a snake which was having a hard time, and he didn't make it. I guess I should be happy that the experts feel it was unlikely for him to have made it this long, and that I did everything possible, but still.

Some may have a hard time imagining such affection for a snake, but the reptiles here are as loved as the mammals.

Ds is having a particularly hard time. None of us feels we really need to take the day off, but we are working and crying, and then working and crying some more.

RIP, Neo.

:crying:

~Lisa

((hugs))

We are big animal lovers around here, including snakes. So sorry Neo did not make it. I'm sure he felt safe and passed with that love. I'm one of those odd ones that believes animals have feeling, souls just like us. Nothing wrong in taking the day off to remember him.

I love all my critters, and if we didn't have so many already, there's probably be a snake among them. I'm so sorry you've lost Neo. He sounds like a very wonderful part of your life, and I know you'll miss him. It also sounds like he was a very fortunate snake to have you as his caregivers.

Doran