Menu

rainbow resource bargain books?

squirtymomma

I have bought bargain books before from RR and was very pleased. Honestly, I didn't see a difference from their regular books. There might have been a small dent at the spine or the side - but I needed my glasses to see them. :D I was so impressed with their bargain books that placed another order (just yesterday) containing ONLY bargain books. I just couldn't pass their FREE shipping on orders $25.00 and up!

Sonja in CO

I've bought bargain books, and honestly, what they consider "damage" is laughable. These are brand new books that may have the tiniest, most microscopic little blemishes. The joke is on RR because I would happily pay full price for these books. They aren't damaged.

Tara

I've bought bargain books, and honestly, what they consider "damage" is laughable. These are brand new books that may have the tiniest, most microscopic little blemishes. The joke is on RR because I would happily pay full price for these books. They aren't damaged.

:iagree::iagree: I just got my order yesterday and it had 3 "damaged" books in it. I had my husband inspect them and then we had a good laugh. :001_smile: One of them just had some sticker residue on the cover, the other had a slight tear on the corner of the spine. I'm still looking for it on the last book... seriously.

I recently placed an order for 6 SWO books, 5 of them were supposed to be 'damaged' 4 of the damaged ones had a minor fraying on the top of the spine (like the blade that cuts them at the factory wasn't quite as sharp anymore) or a shelf wear mark, only one 1 had something truly visible and that was a 2.5 inch cut on the back cover where someone was a bit over zealous when opening a box with a box cutter and sliced through the back cover of the book. NO pages inside were damaged in anyway and the book is more than fine to use.

As someone who bought something new and returned it without even opening it only to be told that they were charging me a damaged fee...which, I have a feeling was a dent in the way THEY packaged it.... I can tell you that the damaged books are a great deal.

I'm not bashing them, I still buy from them...but only if I know I won't be returning it.

As someone who bought something new and returned it without even opening it only to be told that they were charging me a damaged fee...which, I have a feeling was a dent in the way THEY packaged it.... I can tell you that the damaged books are a great deal.

I'm not bashing them, I still buy from them...but only if I know I won't be returning it.

Glad to know I'm not the only one this has happened to! I was really upset the first time, since I Knew I packed more carefully sending back than they did sending to me in the first place. Overall I have been satisfied enough to keep buying from them, but they haven't handled my returns well.

I have ordered bargain books and were happy with them, but I must warn that they mean non-returnable as in once you click the buy button you can't cancel the order even if it is 2 seconds later.

The bargain books are not in their computer and the order is sent to the warehouse once you click it.

I tried to cancel an order maybe 30 minutes after placing it b/c I found the books locally and called them from the parking lot to make sure I could cancel. They said yes.

So I went inside and purchased the books locally. A few hours later a snotty person called me and when I answered the phone and they identified themselves I said hi, how are you? and they replied fine, but you may not be when I tell you what I have to say. (exact words). Needless to say I was snottily told that they expected people who ordered to be able to read the clauses. I told her I was in a parking lot when I called and her representative assured me the titles I told her to cancel. She informed me that they couldn't see them on the computer and when I questioned her why the representative would say okay as I read the bargain titles to her, she got even more snotty and said maybe she expected the customer to be able to read where it says they can't see it on the computer. Needless to say, it left a bad taste in my mouth.

Plus I had to go return the other books that thankfully I hadn't wrote on to the local store and get my money back. Then, it took 2 weeks for them to ship the bargain books from RR.

Tara

I agree. I got a HWT book with a tiny dent in the corner and another book with a tiny black scuff on the cover. Nothing I would even care about if I bought it regular price.

I'm just noticing that RR has some damaged but new books available. But, they are non-returnable. Has anyone bought these? Were you happy with your purchase?

I bought 3 Pathway workbooks a few weeks ago that were "damaged"--one had a folded down corner on the cover, and the other two--I have no clue. One looked like the cover might have gotten a little wrinkled?

Very pleased. I guess I wouldn't get "bargains" to give as gifts, but definitely for our own use.

betsy

I ordered a couple of bargain books from them a couple of weeks ago. They said that they weren't supposed to be used books, but one of them was written in on several pages. I only got it as an activity book for a long car ride, so it was ok, but I was a bit disappointed since I wasn't expecting that. The other one was fine and I didn't notice anything damaged about it.