Menu

stocking stuffers ideas needed

My boys have loved Hotwheels cars and small flashlights. For my girls this year I was going to make a hairclip. Two girls at our homeschool group had these and they were so cute. It was a little clip with a silk flower attached and a little feather. It looked like something from the 20s or 30s.

One thing my crew likes is glowsticks (or glow-anything). I get them at the DollarTree.

When I was a kid, Santa always put the needed batteries for toys/games in our stockings. We always had to wonder why there was a big pack of AA's!

A new pack of crayons/markers and a small activity pad are nice too.

Oh, and Michael's has some small wooden craft kits for $1. We have made a few of them and they turn out well.

HTH!

this is going to sound totally weird, but my mom always put a jar of olives in my stocking--it's one of those foods that i can sit and eat a whole jar of at a time, and didn't have to share it with siblings...they were mine, all mine! so if your dc have something like that that they like... we also get new toothbrushes and toothpaste.

For my kids:

dd2 Playdough, markers, toothbrush, little kinz webkinz, socks, orange and little treat, pad of paper for cutting(she has recently taking up a love of cutting) or coloring, and then what ever little things I pick up at the $ store.

ds6 I have fireman tattoos(he loves everything about firefighters), dover dot-to-dot books, new toothbrush, a webkinz little kin to stick out the top. He will get an orange in the toe, and then some little items I find at the dollarstore, like playdough, and Cars pens/notebooks(he loves having pens and notebooks on hand at all times). Usually I have more stocking stuffers than room in the stocking once I am done all my shopping. I usually include a candy cane or small xmas chocolate or a little treat of some sort.

DD10 is getting little kinz webkinz, horse tattoos(her obsession is horses), travel sized deodorant, shampoo, bubble bath, hand lotion, and emery boards(she is asking for these things often lately so I guess this is the year to start them, we have always gotten these sort of items in our stockings once we were old enough and it continues now as adults). She will get a new toothbrush, some markers or craft item of some sort. Likely some new gear for her sewing kit. An orange and little treat and ifI find something at the dollar store that screams her then I will add that too.

DS11 little kinz webkinz, travel sized mens shampoo, body wash, deodorant, toothbrush. Dragons tattoos. Likely a new set of drumsticks. An orange, and little treat, $ store army men. And beyond that I have not decided yet, he is a tough age, still young for his age but wanting/needing some of the older boy stuff.

My dad always gives me a box of smores poptarts and a can of cashews. They are on my top list of snacks but I NEVER buy them. He has given those to me every xmas since I was 14, sometimes they are in my stocking sometimes wrapped under the tree.

Edited by swellmomma

My nephew got anchovies and oysters in his stocking as they were a treat that he loved but rarely could indulge in.

I also put books and children's magazines in stockings. If you have a thrift store locally, that might be a place to pick some up inexpensively.

Regards,

Kareni

All of my kiddos will get some unique pencils in their stockings: dinolover will get a regular pencil with a dinosaur shape grabbing onto the end, musicgirl will get two pencils with brightly colored velvet finishes, and little monkey boy will get a huge (1 ft long/2 inch in diameter) pencil.

They also get a treat (beef jerky for the one who loves that, animal crackers, dried fruit,fruit leather, chocolate coins, etc.).

Littlest one will find some new character underwear, pirate-themed bandaids, an inflatable punch ball, a ladybug Christmas ornament (he loves ladybugs), and some new chunky crayons.

Dd will get Burt's Bees skin care products, a mood ring (:rolleyes:, but she has recently become enamored with them), a pair of fluffy socks, some new colored whiteboard markers, and some new hairclips.

Oldest ds will find a dinosaur Christmas ornament, an inflatable punch ball, some new uniball pens (he LOVES them), a winter hat, and a model T-rex. If I'm feeling *really* generous he'll find some new rosin in there, too. (He was throwing it up in the air earlier this week and it, of course, hit the floor and shattered everywhere! It was the really good stuff... and I had told him NOT to play with it...)

this is going to sound totally weird, but my mom always put a jar of olives in my stocking--it's one of those foods that i can sit and eat a whole jar of at a time, and didn't have to share it with siblings...they were mine, all mine! so if your dc have something like that that they like... we also get new toothbrushes and toothpaste.

:lol: My 16 year old reminded me to put garlic stuffed olives in his stocking this year!! My other ds always gets ketchup! The 10 year old gets Dove dark chocolate.

We have a $5 or under items rule.

A giant red delicious apple, a huge orange, chocolate coins are tradition. After that, its whatever we can get under $5. Diva will be getting her first ever perfume (Love's Baby Soft). Also some shaving stuff, a new toothbrush, hair pretties, lip gloss/chapstick. Tazzie gets hotwheels, a small stuffie, new toothbrush. Princess will be getting hair pretties, her OWN brush (I'm hoping she'll quit insisting on mine all the time...because it ends up lost), some small dollies, crayons, etc.

Burt's Bees lip balms, jacks, marbles, magnets, colorful socks, new toothbrush, Uno cards, little plastic Schleich animals, travel checkers game, little box of Playmobil people or animal add-ons, glitter pens, tiny 'spy' notebooks, pack of stickers, pirate eye patch, hole punch or other shape punch, silly putty, Mad Libs, jump rope, watercolors, individual containers of playdough, paperback book.

We love the chocolate oranges. They are in the shape of an orange and you whack them on the table and all the little sections come apart--they are imprinted like an orange section. The chocolate has a hint of orange to it. That's the favorite!

I have boys and we will often put a can of silly string in each (that stuff you squirt all over each other!)

I've put new toothbrushes in some years.

"Fidgets" were good when they were younger (like the ball that you squeeze to relax)

Yoyo's. Rubic's cubes.

Our stockings are homemade (by my mother and father who are quilters) and are huge so they take a lot to fill. My boys are 6 and 4 and will be getting some small Playmobil toys (like this and this), as well as a game each (this and this). They will also get toothbrushes, chocolate oranges, candy canes/peppermint sticks, a Slinky for one and a Magic 8 Ball for the other.

And my four-year-old wants Santa to bring him more play dough. "The kind you make, Mom. Can we send Santa the recipe so he can make the right kind?" I thought that was cute. So now I have to make play dough some evening after they head to bed and find some some containers to use that would make Santa proud.

So far for DD I've got:

A couple of $1 toys from wal mart (finger bowling and...I don't remember what the other is at the moment)

cute pencils

I'm also going to get:

undies

a toothbrush

hair barettes and ties

maybe a comb

maybe some inexpensive plastic animals, or a small doll

possibly play-dough or toy cars

sidewalk chalk

a jar candle

A little notebook or two

maybe a book

If she was a boy, it would probably be the same, without barettes. My goal is to fill the stocking for under $20.

I got an idea from someone here last year that was a big hit for my kids. I put some mini marshmallow, chocolate chips, Golden Grahams cereal (or Teddy Grahams), toothpicks and tealight candles in a little baggie and the kids made smores. They thought it was a lot of fun.

I am pretty good at finding deals and this year scored a bunch.

Each will get DVD

Leapster game for each of the older two(they were FREE)

Leap Tag books for older two

Hasbro had a $1-$3 sale last night so I got My Little Ponies, transformers and Play do sets plus a stacker toy for the baby.

books

Wikki stix

Ribbon sticks

Each will get a Junk Food shirt (love Gap rewards and sales)

toothbrush, orange, apple and penny (tradition)