Menu

What curricululum or supplements are on your wishlist or have you been

rafiki

Guest Alte Veste Academy
watching but would love to page through before deciding if it's right for your family?

Every Latin program for elementary. I want them all spread out on my dining room table to compare.

Every single book I've got on my Amazon wish list for history and science. It sure would be a lot easier to whittle down that list if I could get my paws on those books. So many books seem like what I want and then when they arrive or I happen to see them locally at B&N, they just don't pass muster.

ETA: On further reflection, this thread has made me think about how incredibly cool it would be to have (state? regional? local?) WTM See & Swap in combo with support groups. Just dreaming but wouldn't it be lovely?

Edited by Alte Veste Academy

Guest Alte Veste Academy

the support materials to go with Hakim's History of Science

Oooh, yes, for later of course...along with the History of US materials.

I should stop reading this thread now. :001_huh:

My list includes:

MCT...I couldn't wait to see it so it is in the mail to me right now! :tongue_smilie: I think it'll be a great fit for my ds8.

Addition the Fun Way

Times Tables the Fun Way

Elson Readers...I saw the samples online, but wish I could see it in person with the workbook.

Holding the items and thumbing through makes it so much easier to make decisions.

I would really like to see several Latin programs for elementary in person: Lively Latin, Latin for Children, and Prima Latina mostly.

I wish I could see some Spanish programs in person too: Spanish for Children, Calico Spanish, La Clase Divertida, etc.

MCT- Grammar Island, Sentence Island, etc. All of the first level stuff.

LLATL. I have a feeling I wouldn't like this once I saw it in person, yet I still feel the need to take a look at it and make sure.

CLE English. I love Rod and Staff and FLL but am facing the reality of hsing 4 kids and I need a few less teacher intensive materials so CLE might work. But I think it's expensive for workbooks and wish I could see it first.

I think those are the main things. Unfortunately, I seem to really have to see and try things before I can determine a good fit in our homeschool. I spend a lot of money doing that and am trying to stop. I love our math program, have history and science mostly figured out, love WWE, am sticking with AAS, HWT works well here, etc. But I'm still figuring out Latin, Spanish and a few other LA elements.

The church we attended when my DH was in grad school had an awesome library that included educational materials. We weren't homeschooling back then (my oldest was only 3 and my 2nd was a baby) so I'm not 100% sure of which things they had. But I would so love it if my current church had a similar one. Unfortunately, I don't think there's the same demand for it out here :thumbdown:

I'm finding it tougher to grasp some of the things for 8th and up because so few of our close friends with that age of kids have the same priorities we do and are still homeschooling. I used borrow things for a weekend from friends to look through them, and now I can't seem to do that anymore. It's also hard to compare a vendor's offerings across multiple levels now too. We like our academic co-op, but if I push off on my own again at some point I'd like to hold these in my hands for a few hours before buying...

Multiple levels of Lightening Lit and the other Hewitt Guides

Multiple levels of MODG Guides including the Henle ones

DIVE Science

Omnibus Online plus Guides/Books for several levels

I may have to break down and go to a convention next summer.

There really is a bit of an embarassment of riches these days in math. So many options. But I also have kids who will be ready to hit algebra in 6th and 7th grade (we're in Saxon 8/7 right now).

I'd like to see scope and sequence and then compare how the programs teach a couple key topics (say factoring polynomials or Pythagorean Theorem) so I could sort of compare apples to apples.

On one hand it's a blessing to have sharp kids who generally do get math quickly. On the other hand, I sometimes feel like I'm not offering them enough of a challenge. But I don't want to overload them either.

All of Veritas Press History materials, including Scholars program and Phonics Museum. Also the literature guides.

All of Memoria Press materials.

Books from Yesterday's Classics and Guerber novels. History spines of every shape, size and color. :)

Classical Writing.

Beautiful Feet guides.

Basically all the stuff that doesn't make it to my state for curriculum fairs! It just isn't the same looking at samples online...:tongue_smilie:

I know that I'd love to be able to flip through Omnibus.

Our homeschool group had a curriculum day. Some people brought stuff to sell. There was a give away table. We had stacks of catalogs. And tables full of stuff that people brought just to let other people flip through.

I had Sonlight, Veritas Press, Rosetta Stone, Saxon math, and oodles of science curriculum that I've picked up. All sorts of stuff that I thought people might want to browse through.

It was really a great day. I stood around and chatted homeschool stuff for 6 hours. We even had about a dozen families come by who were just interested in finding out more about homeschooling.

We're on a military base in Japan. There isn't even a good sized English bookstore here. Certainly no vendor fair or homeschool conference. But this show and share day was so much fun that I'm already collecting catalogs for it for next year.

I'd love to see Classical Writing.

Bummer I don't live near some of y'all - I have LOF Fractions, Rainbow Science, the new edition of MFW ECC, and some others. LOL.

I definitely recommend the conferences - I was able to stop by the DIVE booth and thumb through the stuff and watch some of it. Heck I even had a question and the lady called up the author.:D We are going that route for sure.

Guest Cindie2dds
watching but would love to page through before deciding if it's right for your family?

I would love to have Live Ed, Christopherus, and Oak Meadow all grades all together so I could pick and choose.

I would also like to have all of the elementary Latin programs laid out to compare.

All levels of MUS, RightStart, Miquon, Singapore... all laid out side by side.

Classical music... stumped here :001_huh:

I think that's it. :)

Horrible Histories

Murderous Maths

Science/Geography titles in these series

There are so many titles in these series, and my kids (well, the 4 boys) love the handful of history ones we have.

Would just love to flip through them all so I could pick and choose my favorites! I think it's awesome my boys read these for FUN!