Menu

Brain test (colors) -- have you seen this?

Whatever the word was I clicked the other one so I got a 100% the first try. Technically was this cheating?

Well, I don't know. I think it's just being smart, logical.

Then again, maybe we need to discuss this, get to the bottom of why you might have done that. Given that you did do it, and you asked the question, perhaps we should explore it was really cheating or not. I think you could argue it either way, but I don't think you should feel guilty about it. Unless, of course, you've made some commitment to curb your cheating ways. If it's a small example of a larger problem, then maybe you need to seek some counseling. That is, if you can afford counseling. If not, you might need to go back to the test and try doing it blindfolded. Then, the temptation to cheat would be removed and you'd obviously fail the test. After which you'd need some kind of confidence boost because your inferiority complex would rise to the surface, bringing up all manner of baggage from your childhood. So what say we just agree to agree that it wasn't cheating after all. That seems like the simplest route, don't you think?

Did someone say I'm a classic overthinker? Whatever gave them THAT idea? confused002.gif

Doran

Then again, maybe we need to discuss this, get to the bottom of why you might have done that. Given that you did do it, and you asked the question, perhaps we should explore it was really cheating or not. I think you could argue it either way, but I don't think you should feel guilty about it. Unless, of course, you've made some commitment to curb your cheating ways. If it's a small example of a larger problem, then maybe you need to seek some counseling. That is, if you can afford counseling. If not, you might need to go back to the test and try doing it blindfolded. Then, the temptation to cheat would be removed and you'd obviously fail the test. After which you'd need some kind of confidence boost because your inferiority complex would rise to the surface, bringing up all manner of baggage from your childhood. So what say we just agree to agree that it wasn't cheating after all. That seems like the simplest route, don't you think?

Did someone say I'm a classic overthinker? Whatever gave them THAT idea? confused002.gif

Doran

Doran, this post really made me.......think! :lol:

I got 100% WRONG, the first time, because I didn't understand the instructions.

Next time around 88%. This test scores just proves my life. Usually the first time I try something I screw it up, the 2nd time around is always better. ;)

:D You, too?

I got 100% WRONG, the first time, because I didn't understand the instructions.

Next time around 88%. This test scores just proves my life. Usually the first time I try something I screw it up, the 2nd time around is always better. ;)

For me it's sometimes a case of sheer, borderline idiotic determination. Once in awhile I'll try something, fail miserably, and never try it again (that would be the case in Contra dancing for me -- and I'm not a terrible dancer, but that? Oh. My.) But, I'm more inclined to try until I get it, or until I realize that I must be meant to shine in other ways. :001_rolleyes:

Doran

...If you just look at the color, and don't read the word, then you get it right every time.

Well, bully for you. I'm happy for you. ;)

By the way, Doran, I like your new avatar pic, but I miss your beautiful, happy colored socks!:)

I kind of miss those socks, too. But, I had this feeling that some people just didn't get it, kwim, because the tiny image size made them hard to see. I'm glad you liked them. The passion flower is a pretty good representation of me, though, don't you think?

Exotic. Beautiful. Unusual. Passionate.

Bwwwaaaahhhaaaaaa!

On the bright side, I did grow that particular flower myself and was the one behind the camera capturing the action. :D

Doran

but that may be because of the way my brain works.

Well, I don't think it has much to do with how your feet work, if that's what you mean! taunt013.gif

Only kidding! I'm just jealous that my brain does NOT work that way. BTW, JFS, did the peroxide "joke" ever make any sense? Or was I just in too wacky a brain mode for us to connect on that one? I can be a bit out there at times.

laughing006.gif

Doran

But I will say that I had to think "color, NOT word" for each one. Also, just because of the way you (Doran) worded your OP (and no, I don't know exactly what about the way you worded it did this) made me feel like you were challenging me to do better. I'm competitive that way. tongue0015.gif

I got 88% the first time, then 100% after that. My "trick" was to choose the word that was opposite the word at the top, so you've got "purple" written on the screen twice, choose the odd word- three words on the screen, two are the same, pick the one that is different. ;)

Doran

OK I will take the being smart and logical part!