Menu

What's on the stove/in the oven?

My dd8 is making a homemade basil marinara, and we have some specialty pasta we picked up in pikes place market last week on vacation. I think they are making asparagus and a salad with it and chocolate linguine for desert.

I'm having leftovers from last night - fruit, veggie and cheese place with whole wheat pita and homemade pesto cream cheese dip.

Edited by Karen in CO

What are you cooking for dinner tonight?

I'm making creamy butternut squash and potato soup.

Would you mind sharing that recipe, pretty please? :D The only one I have involves white beans, which I'm not too fond of.

We're going easy tonight. I'm cooking up whole wheat pasta, and in a pan, cooking prepackaged basil and parmesan chicken meatballs, fresh carrots from our CSA, and frozen broccoli with olive oil and more Grana Padano cheese. It will all end up together in one pot.

What are you cooking for dinner tonight?

I'm making creamy butternut squash and potato soup.

Oh, that sounds wonderful.

My husband is out of town this weekend, which means I cook less. Often we have pizza, but this afternoon the boys decided they would rather just have a big bowl of potstickers.

Sure! There is some frying involved though:

4 tbs sesame oil

12 oz eggplant, cut into 8 thick slices

2 tbs tamari

1/4 cup lemon juice

1/2 cup water

1 tsp grated fresh ginger

1 cup quinoa, washed

1 large bell pepper, cored, seeded and sliced

2 zucchini, coarsely grated

Parsley to garnish

1. Heat oven to 350. Heat the sesame oil in a skillet and cook the eggplant slices until brown. Arrange them in a single layer in a baking dish. Combine the tamari, lemon juice, water, and ginger and pour over the eggplant slices. bake in over for 10 mins. Turn the slices and cook for 10 minutes longer, until most of the liquid is absorbed.

2. Place the quinoa in a large pan wit double its volume of water. Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer for 15 mins, until tender. Drain if needed. Add the bell pepper and zucchini to the sesame oil remaining in the skillet and saute until soft. Add the quinoa, mix will, and spoon over the eggplant. Press down well. Return to the over and bake for 5 to 10 minutes longer. serve hot, garnished with parsely sprigs.

They suggest serving with a simple salad.

It's just about to come out of the oven. If it's really horrible I'll let you know! ;)

ETA: Source is "The Yoga Cookbook"

Edited by Firefly
added source