Menu

Looking for a small, organizationally-friendly shoulder bag

McKay

I'm looking for a small shoulder bag that will carry the essentials and that also has compartments to help keep me organized. It would be great if there were looped areas to hold pens, as I've seen in some backpacks.

I'd like to have a bag that could carry a phone, small wallet, pens, a small (4"x4") notebook, and one that would have sections where I could keep receipts and coupons.

I've looked online at the Reign Vermont and the Haiku bags. They are attractive and appear to be the right size, but I can't tell how functional the inside would be.

If you have any suggestions of bags that have worked for you, I'd love to learn about them.

Thanks.

I have the small Haiku bag, I purchased it to take a trip oversees, mainly to carry my passport, id and stuff. It carries a lot more than I thought it would, has lots of compartments. No pen loops, but I just chose one spot to put them into.

http://www.ebags.com/travelon/shoulder_bag_expandable_3_compartment/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=80463

I purchased from Lillian Vernon and from ebay. I've seen it on qvc. I have black, red, and leopard (apparently they offer different colors at different times or through different retailers). Small and extremely functional.

http://www.ebags.com/ebags/piazza_day_bag/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=94553

I have a green one. More purse-looking, larger. Has a side expandable pocket for a water bottle.

Enjoy your shopping!

Edited by BamaTanya

Take a look at the Ameribag...there are a few different styles.

http://www.ameribag.com/catalog/home

There aren't a lot of pictures on the site...so, you may need to so a Google search to find some more to take a closer look.

Smiles!

~Holly

Has anyone used one of the Healthy Back Sacks. Those have always looked interesting to me but I have never had a chance to look at the inside of one to see how it would function for me. Inside my purse I only carry my wallet, checkbook and small calender but I need outside pockets for keys, phone and change purse. It is hard to find a small, light bag with so many outside pockets.

Take a look at the Ameribag...there are a few different styles.

http://www.ameribag.com/catalog/home

There aren't a lot of pictures on the site...so, you may need to so a Google search to find some more to take a closer look.

Smiles!

~Holly

I have one of these & it's fabulous! I just use it as a shoulder bag, but it has enough pockets for your entire life & it does distribute the weight well.

I have a Brighton "organizer wallet" handbag. It's a purse, but it's small. It has a phone pocket and a wallet (with credit card slots and a zippered coin purse) on the outside. It has a larger zippered area in the center, and a slim zippered area on the side. Inside, there are more slots for credit cards, an ID, a checkbook and a pen.

They can be expensive, so check Ebay. They are well-made, so they last a long time, and a used one is worth the money, IMO. I bought the one I have on Ebay, and have been very pleased.

Lisa

• 3 months later...
Guest Gabrielle

The Briggs & Riley Messenger bag may be just what you’re looking for. The front zippered pocket holds an mp3 player and it even has a grommet through which to slip a headphone cord. Multiple pockets hold pens, business cards. The large slip pocket is for documents. I have a Go Messenger Bag which has all of these functional features and plus a removable padded computer sleeve which is checkpoint friendly! This holds my 15†laptop, cords and some other gadgets I like to carry. I love Briggs & Riley for their functional features, style and durability!