Menu

Most reliable source of great recipes?

Consistently the best? Cooking Light Magazine and cookbooks and website. Don't be put off by the "light" in the title, these recipes are wonderful.

I like Cooks Illustrated/America's Test Kitchen and the recipes work but sometimes they get a little boring and I think there ethnic stuff is kind of a nightmare. I do love their baking stuff and use certain recipes all the time.

I have really liked cooksillustrated.com. It is done by America's Test Kitchen and I love their recipes. I love the explanations and kitchen equipment testing, too. It does cost to subscribe for a year. I have used Allrecipes, too, but they do not have the same quarantee for perfection. :)

America's Test Kitchen also produces two magazines; Cook's Illustrated and Cook's Country. You can get a free sample to see which one you like better. If you subcribe online, you have access to all the recipes that are/have been pulished in the magazines.

I have really liked cooksillustrated.com. It is done by America's Test Kitchen and I love their recipes. I love the explanations and kitchen equipment testing, too. It does cost to subscribe for a year. I have used Allrecipes, too, but they do not have the same quarantee for perfection. :)

America's Test Kitchen also produces two magazines; Cook's Illustrated and Cook's Country. You can get a free sample to see which one you like better. If you subcribe online, you have access to all the recipes that are/have been pulished in the magazines.

:iagree: 100% The online subscriptions are relatively pricey, but SOOO worth it for our family.

The free online sources I like are http://www.recipezaar.com and http://www.epicurious.com; both have close followings, and lots of reviews and very good critical helpful comments on most recipes. Epicurious has every recipe from the Gourmet, Bon Appetit and Cooking Light magazines.

I forgot my absolute favorite cooking magazine "Cuisine at Home". Incredibly delicious recipes for food I like to eat (no crazy food combinations to make it "gourmet" etc.). There are also no advertisements and lots of good cooking tips/shortcuts. A friend of mine who is an incredible cook introduced me to the magazine.

I love www.allrecipes.com.- tons of great recipes! My favorite feature is the review part and rating system. I know it's a good recipe before I even try it!

Another vote for allrecipes.com.

A few years ago I made a New Year's resolution to try some new veggies. Allrecipes.com was great. I searched on the veggie I wanted to try. Sorted the results by rating. Read the reviews and then tried them. We got some great new side dishes that way.

• Like 1

I use both. Cooking light is one of the best magazine sources, and allrecipes.com is THE best internet source. I get most of my stuff from allrecipes.com simply because of convenience, though I have searched the cooking light website searchable database too.

:iagree:

You might check the library for Cooking Light's yearbooks. Some of my favorite "keepers" were from the magazine.

• 14 years later...