Menu

What is a good dip for veggies?

To dip either apple slices or celery we use peanut butter.

For carrot sticks I mix up:

1/4 c. light mayo (I like Miracle Whip)

2 T. spicy brown mustard

1 T. honey (or sugar or Splenda, whatever sweetener floats your boat)

take some plain yogurt, let it drip through a coffee filter in a strainer overnight, and use the remaining white cheesy stuff as the basis for a dip.

I usually chop up shallots and mint very finely, mixed them thickly into the yogurt cheese, and let it stand for an hour to let the flavors mix. So good!

Chopped fresh tarragon leaves are good as well, but very pricey unless you have your own plant.

You can use the whey that dripped out of the yogurt as part of your diluent liquid when you're warming up condensed soups. I especially like mixing a can of Healthy Request Cream of Chicken with a can of Healthy Request Chicken Noodle and using the whey as part of the added liquid.

My husband thought he hated beans until I fed him hummus. And then AFTERWARDS told him what he had just eaten :) he jumped on the hummus bandwagon like nobody's business, and has gotten a lot of his coworkers to follow suit.

That may work with the kids, but my picky dh won't eat anything new without knowing every single ingredient. :glare:

I think the kids and i will certainly try hummus soon!

That may work with the kids, but my picky dh won't eat anything new without knowing every single ingredient. :glare:

I think the kids and i will certainly try hummus soon!

So, do that on the kids and tell your hubby he can't have any because he won't like it, but if he can wait until you guys have finished your yummy stuff, you can make him something nice and boring. Then finish your snack while loudly proclaiming the tastiness. Hehehe.

I accidently overcooked split peas into mush one day. That made a tasty dip. Might have to do it again some time :)

Rosie

So, do that on the kids and tell your hubby he can't have any because he won't like it, but if he can wait until you guys have finished your yummy stuff, you can make him something nice and boring. Then finish your snack while loudly proclaiming the tastiness. Hehehe.

I accidently overcooked split peas into mush one day. That made a tasty dip. Might have to do it again some time :)

Rosie

Actually, cooked to mush orange peas is a Greek appetizer, and a delicious one at that.

My fav for veggies is dill dip. Not the healthiest on the planet but it tastes so good! Its one of the only ones my kids will eat.

That's the first one that came to my mind. I have a really easy recipe, and to make it healthier you can use low fat or fat free sour cream.