Menu

how many pairs of pajamas do your kids have?

None. We simply wear shorts/old t-shirt when going to bed in the summer and sweats in the winter. I've never seen the need to buy separate pjs. My only requirement is the selected night clothes be clean and not what they wore outside... They generally wear the same night clothes for a week (between loads of laundry).

One of the things I love about home schooling is we can wear pj's if we want (I know that doesn't work for everyone). Just for fun, how many pairs of pajamas do your kids have and do they wear them for more than one night (or day!) in a row?

I'm not sure, but I know dd has too many, and neither one will stay in them in the summer. . .They do generally stay in their fuzzy pj's at night in the winter, but not always, and I often wonder why I even bother buying pjs at all <sigh>. They often end up finding something else they prefer to wear - ds especially likes old shirts from dh - they're very big and loose on him.

DD 10 loves pajamas and has about 10-12 pairs in different warmth levels from shorts to fleece.

Ds14 has 7ish just flannel/cotton bottoms for him.

DD2 has 8-12 (again due to various seasons here in the PNW)

I do laundry once a week so if we didn't have several pairs for each season, we would run out. My kids don't bath at night so I don't like for them to wear them for more than two nights.

Edited by Tap, tap, tap

One of the things I love about home schooling is we can wear pj's if we want (I know that doesn't work for everyone). Just for fun, how many pairs of pajamas do your kids have and do they wear them for more than one night (or day!) in a row?

About 2 pair each, and yes, they wear them for several days in a row. Sometimes they hide them from me so I can't find them and wash them! :tongue_smilie:

We have way more than necessary. Maybe six a piece for the girls. I wear tee shirts to sleep in so I don't have any. Next year I'm not getting them as many because I do laundry every week and they can wear them for 3 nights. I think I'll start thinning them down to three PJ's per kid.

Dd has about 4 pair here and about 3 pair at her dad's. She typically wears them only one night, but if she showers before bed (as opposed of in the a.m.) she may wear them a second night.

She has jammie pants from Walmart that she wears with either tshirts or tank tops.

One pair each. They get a pair from their grandparents every Christmas, which get put in a drawer and not taken out again until they are replaced the following year with the new Christmas pj's.

They sleep in camis and shorts (dds) and underwear (ds).

We get new matching PJs every year on Christmas eve. That used to be practical when they were growing (LOL) but now we do it out of tradition, and we all wear them all the time...so we probably have five or six full sets, plus assorted flannel pants to wear with Tshirts.