Menu

help me name this class!!! (co-op)

THis class that i am creating is basically....

a class for 3rd-6th graders that would focus on engaging activities that cover the anatomy of a horse, the different horse breeds, gaits, facial markings, senses, history, care and much more. I envision a cross-curricula "Thematic unit-type"class incorporating writing, science, games, and hands-on activities for learning

WHat do you think??

I need ideas!!!

These might be lame, but...

Homeschool Horsemanship

Horsing around for homeschoolers

What curriculum are you using? I use the Junior Master Horsemanship handbook for a small little group I put together in my area. We've only done a few chapters, but we've had fun. Most of the kids that participate aren't writers (think 6 year olds), but I love some of the writing ideas for the older kids. You guys should have fun.

TK

Ooooh, 4-H has out a new book that covers all this for horse clubs. I think it's put out by the American Quarter Horse Association and called Junior Master Horsemen. It's like the Junior Master Gardener program and has online links for activities, as well.

How about Trail Blazers? Hocks and Withers? Horsing Around?

Regena