Menu

I bought a baby gift for my neighbor's new baby and . . . (wwyd?)

put it on my dresser. Went on vacation and didn't think about it. Came back from vacation to a house infested with fleas. Set off foggers in each room. Didn't think about the new baby clothes on my dresser (can you say "too much clutter"?)

What should I do now? I know I always washed every new item before my baby wore it. I don't know about anyone else. Should I just wash it myself and give it to charity now?

I certainly don't want to say, "You really should wash this because it might have gotten flea spray on it!"

Ugh. Clutter sure makes my life more difficult.

I agree... wash and nicely package, include tags if you want... then I would stop by the baby section at the market and buy a couple little things to throw in... a rattle, teether, bibs, sox... just a couple and lay in with it. I'd probably put in a note that says that I pre-washed the outfit for her!

put it on my dresser. Went on vacation and didn't think about it. Came back from vacation to a house infested with fleas. Set off foggers in each room. Didn't think about the new baby clothes on my dresser (can you say "too much clutter"?)

What should I do now? I know I always washed every new item before my baby wore it. I don't know about anyone else. Should I just wash it myself and give it to charity now?

I certainly don't want to say, "You really should wash this because it might have gotten flea spray on it!"

Ugh. Clutter sure makes my life more difficult.

I would never have put an outfit on my infant that had come into contact with pesticide. I would have been afraid that it wouldn't wash totally out and their systems are so immature and easily affected. So since I wouldn't have wanted to receive the gift, I wouldn't give it. I'd buy a new one.

I would never have put an outfit on my infant that had come into contact with pesticide. I would have been afraid that it wouldn't wash totally out and their systems are so immature and easily affected. So since I wouldn't have wanted to receive the gift, I wouldn't give it. I'd buy a new one.

:iagree:

I would be concerned about that too. I would get something else.

I agree. To be on the safe side, I would trash the other clothes. It is not worth the risk to ANY infant if the pesticides do not come out.

I would buy new and donate the old somewhere after I washed it.

This is what I would do. I understand some people's worry about pesticides, but I wouldn't be worried about it after washing.

Note about prewash is good. Less work for the new mom.

I wouldn't prewash new clothing for someone. If she receives duplicates, wrong sizes, or just something she doesn't want (hates), she should be able to return it. Gift receipts are a recipient's best friend. You just never know the reasons why someone might need to return an item, even when you're confident you've bought the perfect gift.

I agree with the others. Would you put such an outfit on your new baby? I say trash it and purchase a new gift. And please don't donate it. Another mom purchasing it would not have the knowledge about the possible pesticide and wouldn't be able to make an informed decision.