Menu

How does SWB do it all?!

OK, I have to be honest here- I am in awe of Susan Wise Bauer. Does she just not need a lot of sleep? How on earth does she do all that she does????!! I would love to be a fly on the wall and see how she organizes her day to get it all done. Anyone know her secret?

progress.gif

We should take a lesson from that!

And be encouraged!

Her mom lives very close, on the same property, and helps with reading instruction. She and her husband both share the homeschooling responsibilities. They have help with her business. They homeschool year round, which does take some of the pressure off to some extent.

This doesn't belie SWB's accomplishments. It makes her sane and balanced.

She doesn't. She has the good sense not to. We should take a lesson from that!

And be encouraged!

Her mom lives very close, on the same property, and helps with reading instruction. She and her husband both share the homeschooling responsibilities. They have help with her business. They homeschool year round, which does take some of the pressure off to some extent.

This doesn't belie SWB's accomplishments. It makes her sane and balanced.

:iagree:

She probably doesn't read books all day or hover on WTM web sites, like I seem to do...

Yeah, if I could just wean myself away from this board I'd have a couple hours every day. But I love it too much.

AND...don't forget that SWB has often said that their homeschooling day does NOT look like what is in her books. She (or hubby/mom) don't do it all as far as homeschooling. Not that that helps me since I too don't do it all, but hey it sounds good.

I think she's just one of those people that can fit 25 hours into a day. I know many people like that, and have a definitely love/hate relationship about it, lol.

I have spent many a happy afternoon daydreaming about having a clone. I would never be mean to my double, the way the Riker was mean to his double on Star Trek the Next Generation. What was his problem?

I would kind to my clone and together we would finally have a clean attic. Ahhh. Bliss.

I have often thought, while I'm doing dishes, "while I'm doing this, the other me could be doing that, and the other other me could do that, and..."

Even worse...my dd (3 at the time) requested a clone of me, so that the other mommy could clean the house and help the baby while this mommy played all day.

I have spent many a happy afternoon daydreaming about having a clone. I would never be mean to my double, the way the Riker was mean to his double on Star Trek the Next Generation. What was his problem?

I would kind to my clone and together we would finally have a clean attic. Ahhh. Bliss.

I figure my clone and I would just fight over the puter. I mean, why would she want to clean more than I do? :lol:

She probably doesn't read books all day or hover on WTM web sites, like I seem to do...

She used to hang out on the board, years ago when it was much smaller. She used to answer everyone's questions personally. It got to be too much, though, so Janie and some of the other old-timers convinced her that they could handle the simple stuff, and save just the hard questions for Susan. Eventually, though, the board got too big, and her writing responsibilities got more complicated, and she had her fourth child, and she got full time moderators, and let us all loose. :) It was hard for her though. She liked it here! :)

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who can't "do it all"! My mom is close, but she is not very helpful. I love her dearly, but I do not understand how a woman with no job, responsibilities, etc. can be so uninvolved with her own grandchildren! Anyway, I made this decision to homeschool, and I know she is not obligated to help me. Now that it is summer, I'm finally getting my house decluttered and enjoying some more free time. A friend and I are taking on the "Self Educated Mind" books. Maybe if I had been homeschooled like SWB I would be a little more disciplined and focused. I am trying!!! She is defiinitely an inspiration!

She used to hang out on the board, years ago when it was much smaller. She used to answer everyone's questions personally. It got to be too much, though, so Janie and some of the other old-timers convinced her that they could handle the simple stuff, and save just the hard questions for Susan. Eventually, though, the board got too big, and her writing responsibilities got more complicated, and she had her fourth child, and she got full time moderators, and let us all loose. :) It was hard for her though. She liked it here! :)

I wish she would have a question and answer day once a month or so! I too, am in awe of her.