Menu

What's for dinner? does it involve chicken breast?

Do you have a good tomato sauce on hand? When I need a quick dinner with chicken breasts, I cube them and saute them in olive oil, salt and pepper, then add the sauce in at the end, heat it all through and serve over pasta.

brilliant! And I *do* have a good sauce on hand.

Mel to the rescue. Thanks.

Jo

I do want more ideas though, so please feel free to post more. :bigear:

brilliant! And I *do* have a good sauce on hand.

Mel to the rescue. Thanks.

Jo

I do want more ideas though, so please feel free to post more. :bigear:

Cool, glad I could help :-) This is one of my staple fast meals. I can thaw the chicken quickly in a water bath if I have to, and it doesn't even have to thaw all the way. I always keep a few jars of Classico vodka sauce on hand just in case I need an emergency meal :tongue_smilie:

Just curious. [pencil in hand]

sincerely without creativity,

Jo

No chicken breasts here, either, but dh made penne with spicy Italian sausage, peppers and tomatoes. It was so delicious!

Guest Virginia Dawn

Chicken Breasts:

This is what we had for lunch. I cut up a couple of raw chicken breasts into cubes and sauted them in olive oil. I mixed them with a box of cooked tricolor rotini, a can of black beans (rinsed), some Italian dressing, a little salt and pepper and chopped fresh cilantro. I served this on a bed of red leaf lettuce.

We're having bbq chicken sandwiches.

Throw some frozen chicken breasts in the crockpot with favorite bbq sauce. Cook until done. Shred. Serve on whole wheat hamburger buns with a slice of cheddar cheese and sides of your choice.

Chicken breasts were involved in our dinner tonight, too. I cut them into bite-sized pieces, sauted them in olive oil. Then I sauted sliced zucchini, an onion, and about half a green pepper, plus 2 cloves garlic, crushed. I threw in several herbs I have growing (basil, oregano and rosemary). I added salt and poured in a little Marsala Wine. After that cooked a little, I poured in half a can of home-canned tomatoes. Cooked it down a little. Served over pasta. It was tasty. :thumbup1:

We had the yummiest chicken tonight. I'll post the recipe - it was delicious!

Skillet Chicken Cordon Bleau

INGREDIENTS:

1/2 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs

1 teaspoon black pepper

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 pound chicken tenders

1/2 tablespoon butter

1/2 tablespoon olive oil

4 ounces Canadian bacon slices, cut into thin strips

3 ounces low fat Swiss cheese slices, halved

COOKING INSTRUCTIONS:

Preheat oven broiler. In a large zipper-topped plastic bag, combine breadcrumbs, pepper and salt. Rinse chicken tenders in cool water and add to bag. Squeeze excess air out of bag, seal and shake to coat. Melt butter and oil in an ovenproof skillet over medium heat; add chicken and cook for 3 1/2 to 4 minutes per side or until done. Arrange Canadian bacon strips over chicken in skillet and top with cheese slices. Broil 5 1/2 inches from heat source for 2 minutes or until cheese has melted.