Menu

where to buy big bookshelves?

caedmyn

I want to move all the books off the built-in bookshelves in our playroom and into a different room. The built-in bookshelved are the full length and width of the room (and packed full) so I need some big (tall), sturdy bookshelves to replace them. Any suggestions on a good place to look for them? We don't have an Ikea here.

If you don't mind older styles we find them come up really cheap second hand quite often. They do tend to be the more solid timber older look but they match our house so that's ok. Because they are simple and solid they tend to be pretty durable.

Currently have one large double, two large singles, two half height singles and two of those mini three shelf ones... But it's not enough!

I have all my IKEA stuff shipped. Billy bookcases are terrific.  I do have a slight sag on my heaviest shelves after... I think it's 5 years now?  But it's very slight, and it's my own fault.

I did recently get some cube shelves from Walmart. (Shipped.)  They seem to be of equally good quality to me, at a really good price. (And free shipping over $50.)

If you don't mind older styles we find them come up really cheap second hand quite often. They do tend to be the more solid timber older look but they match our house so that's ok. Because they are simple and solid they tend to be pretty durable.

Currently have one large double, two large singles, two half height singles and two of those mini three shelf ones... But it's not enough!

Bookshelves are like candy to children. It is NEVER enough! I need another wall of knowledge! 

Also from ikea: ivar bookcases

The movers have destroyed too many Billy Bookcases.

If we end up staying in our house for more than three years we will add some molding to give it a more built in look, else it’s easy to take apart and

post-37161-0-98681400-1512921195_thumb.jpeg

Edited by macmacmoo