Menu

Apply in July

Melissa B

My dd's first choice college did an "apply in July" program. I encouraged her to go ahead and apply. She met with the school today and was accepted. I drove with her to the campus. It was much more nerve wracking than I had anticipated. Worthwhile though. It seems strange to have the decision made before the start of senior year. She still needs to submit a separate scholarship application before the end of October. But mostly, we are done already.  :hurray:

• Like 19

I'm jealous!

We're just gearing up for CA to open on Tuesday. DD17 has a nearly done CA essay and has 1 of 2 supplemental essays written for her top choice school. She needs to begin working on 2 additional essays for other specific program applications. She's also taking the ACT again in September with the goal of increasing her score by 2 points. Busy next six weeks (on top of high school swim team beginning and her working nearly full-time through August!)

• Like 1

It seems strange to have the decision made before the start of senior year. She still needs to submit a separate scholarship application before the end of October. But mostly, we are done already. :hurray:

Time to start the 2018 acceptance thread already? WOW!

Just a reminder that if this school is not guaranteeing a financial aid package yet, you should still have a financial safety school backup plan. Just in case.

• Like 3

Time to start the 2018 acceptance thread already? WOW!

Just a reminder that if this school is not guaranteeing a financial aid package yet, you should still have a financial safety school backup plan. Just in case.

Luckily, her first choice is an in-state public university, so financially doable even without the merit aid. Though merit aid would be a great bonus! 

• Like 2