#201 RosemaryAndThyme

RosemaryAndThyme

Hive Mind Worker Bee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 02:13 PM

Arithmetic we need

Arithmetic from primer through grade 6. Grades 7 and 8 appear to be consumer math, with grade 8 teacher's book currently available for borrowing. . These materials are from Canada dated around 1950 or so, in full color. Users may need to adjust currency from Canadian dollar depending on their location.  

For most grades, there is a  student's textbook, teacher's guide with answer key and teaching notes for each page, and an additional workbook with practice questions. There is a well written scope and sequence in the beginning of each teacher's guide for those who need to submit this information for review or those who may wish it for their own records.

These books were converted to digital format in 2017, so hopefully the grade 7 and 8 materials will become available soon as well.

Grade K - 1 combined into one volume

Teacher's guide

Textbook

Grade 2

Teacher's guide

Textbook 

Grade 3

Teacher's guide

Textbook

Workbook

Grade 4

Teacher's guide

Textbook

Workbook

Grade 5

Teacher's guide

Textbook

Workbook

Grade 7

Teacher's guide - not currently available

Textbook - not currently available

Workbook - not currently available

Grade 8

Teacher's guide - 14 day borrow window

Textbook - not currently available

Workbook - not currently available

Jolly Numbers (Daily Life - Arithmetics) - by the authors of Arithmetic We Need - "living arithmetics"

There is a primer, volume one, and volume 2 of stories featuring numbers as well as teaching notes, and workbooks. 

Primer

Workbook

Book One

Storybook

Workbook

Teacher's guide - not currently available

Book Two

Storybook

Workbook 

Teacher's guide

Edited by RosemaryAndThyme, 30 December 2017 - 02:47 PM.

• Vida Winter, Zoo Keeper, shinyhappypeople and 1 other like this

#202 scoutingmom

scoutingmom

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1458 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 12:41 AM

Arithmetic we need

Arithmetic from primer through grade 6. Grades 7 and 8 appear to be consumer math, with grade 8 teacher's book currently available for borrowing. . These materials are from Canada dated around 1950 or so, in full color. Users may need to adjust currency from Canadian dollar depending on their location.

For most grades, there is a student's textbook, teacher's guide with answer key and teaching notes for each page, and an additional workbook with practice questions. There is a well written scope and sequence in the beginning of each teacher's guide for those who need to submit this information for review or those who may wish it for their own records.

These books were converted to digital format in 2017, so hopefully the grade 7 and 8 materials will become available soon as well.

Oh, I just looked at the textbook for grade 4 and it looks delightful. I like that it has little diagnostic tests that tell you what needs more study; the word problems that are about things kids might care about (scout camps or movie tickets or model airplamnes); the make your own questions from information given; the right or wrong; the pick out the answer that can't be correct and a bunch more.

(Right or wrong.... They have problems like... (making my own) "A new bicycle tire is good for about 2000 miles. Bob bought 2 tires to replace the ones on his bike. He should be able to ride it for 4000 miles." ) I love that it has them thinking!

#203 shinyhappypeople

shinyhappypeople

Headmistress at The Institute of Subversive Thought

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4057 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 11:51 AM

Bummed.  Adjective Noun math has been removed and I can't find an updated link. :( 

#204 Manora

Manora

Hive Mind Larvae

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 03:07 AM

Memrise.com does free foriegn languages. They are like the next step after Duolingo.

#205 shinyhappypeople

shinyhappypeople

Headmistress at The Institute of Subversive Thought

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4057 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 04:31 PM

Just found this: Plain and Not So Plain - math, language arts, and some Bible and US History for grades 1-8.  I like that it doesn't require the student to use a computer.  You download the lessons, print them out and you're good to go.