-read a book

Habits:
-get enough steps (fitbit)
-vit D & multi & fish oil
-NO SUGAR

I hope everyone has a nice day :D.

work diner 5-7 am

work daycare 9-6pm

It's a non school day for ps for today and tomorrow so I am at the daycare all dfay for both.  dd6 coming with me both days, today we are skating.  Have to have some serious discussion with the director about what happened yesterday and the unprofessional behaviour of one of the staff which left myself and a new staff with too much on our hands at once that lead to some further issues.  Not impressed at all.

Also on the agenda:

teens shooting 630-9/930ish

clean something

try to get something educational into ds10 before bed

pack dd6 swim stuff for daycare friday

double check dd6's camp kit list and see if any needs to be washed before I start packing

pack dd6 for camp

laundry

read

Today:

breakfast and lunch for dh

coffee and computer time

breakfast for the rest of us

School with ds: focus on science and writing for co-op first, grammar, math

School with dd: chemistry, algebra 2, literature, bible, online SAT class

lunch

do a load of laundry at the neighbor's house 

exercise

work on co-op lesson plan 

dinner

go to cleaning job

Thirds day of schools being out due to snow. Middle dd went to bed with a head ache and tummy ache, and woke up the same. We played musical beds last night between her and dd3. So we are all tired. I'm calling official school off today, however I found some really REALLY cool lesson plans from pbs based on the show Design Squad. We are doing a few experiments today with any of the neighborhood kids that stop by lol.

-Go to Micheals for a few supplies DONE

-Decide on dinner DONE-Tacos

-Daily grind-dishes, laundry, picking up, wiping down bathroom counters and toilets

Neighbor kids are here making Valentines day cards. :)

we're having a bunch of friends over for the weekend, and having the kids camp in the backyard. Things for me to do today:

Stake down the tent

Put down ant stakes

Grocery shopping

Hose down the patio

Assemble the fire pit

Water the strawberries

Get the toys all picked up

Finish hemming DH's new pants

DD's spelling test and whatever other schoolwork we have time for

DD gym

Do my own reading for class

Good morning ladies!

I'm up early, but not walking because it's raining. A little, but it is. And we are rejoicing and asking for more. We are in such a serious drought situation here in California. There are towns nearby who are counting the days before they run out of drinking water. So, even though the weather report is saying this "storm" won't amount to much, I am choosing to believe it is like that little cloud in the Bible story of Elijah and the prophets of Baal. It was no larger than his hand, but he went running anyway, believing it would be a gully washer.

So, today.... since I am not walking I will spend more time in devotions. Then...the troops get up and we start our day.

**school

*** friend coming over for lunch

** clean up my "zone"

*** fold some laundry

*** prepare for co-op tomorrow

*** dinner at my parents' house

did my 2 hours at the diner

now eating breakfast and savouring the quiet before waking the girls, it will be my last bit of silence for the remainder of the day

have to add dd14 latin class online to my todo list, I forgot all about it, fortunately I remembered an hour before classtime so there is time to wake her up before I leave for work.  I also need to head for the garage and see what skates we have in there for dd6 today and grab a hockey helmet.  With the helmet she can still run around on the ice even without skates, without the helmet she has to sit out and miss everything on the field trip.  With the windchill currently making it -37C I am not looking forward to walking to the back yard to get to the garage (detached) to look for those things.  In 15 minutes I have to wake the girls, make sure dd14 is ready for latin, and dd6 has a lunch packed, is bundled up tight and has a helmet for daycare today.  I am coming home on my lunch break to bring the other 3 into town so they can go to the library and teen drop in center before shooting tonight.

we're having a bunch of friends over for the weekend, and having the kids camp in the backyard. Things for me to do today:

Stake down the tent

Put down ant stakes

Grocery shopping

Hose down the patio

Assemble the fire pit

Water the strawberries

Get the toys all picked up

Finish hemming DH's new pants DONE

DD's spelling test DONE

and whatever other schoolwork we have time for

DD gym

Melissa, she's a doll.  I never did very much for the first 6 weeks.  The bare minimum got done, and I would sit and hold them for hours.   Enjoy your new little bundle of joy!!

I'm late again today...but I've been busy.  

Done-- first floor and basement cleaned.  Vacuumed, dusted and everything put away.  Kitchen clean and dishwasher running.  

To do--upper floor-vacuum and dust, put away all the laundry and wipe down bathrooms.  

--school is humming along, and all I have to do is check everything when he's finished.  

--lesson planning for February and March is underway.

--dinner will be leftover Chicken parm and salad 

Have a good day!

KrissiK, I hope the rain continues all day!

Melissa, housework is severely overrated :D

Completed so far:

--history (we're watching Ken Burns's "The Civil War")

--maths

--laundry

--late lunch now

Still ahead:

--English

--sciences

--order pointe shoes and a colored leotard (she can wear color on special days---it is one of her bday presents)

--exercise

--continue ordering spring semester textbooks

--start reading SWB's "History of the Ancient World" to see it it will work for next school year

--decide what to have for dinner (I don't feel like what I have planned for tonight---want something veggie instead)

Just checking in quickly. Busy morning here. I am grateful for cloud cover on the drive home from am practice. Melissa, what a sweet picture!

Krissi, so glad for the rain. Drought is scary business.

Jean, I hope you feel better.

I spent the morning doing school and getting pictures from the trip sorted. And getting the end of season meets organized.

Still to do:

laundry

clean master bedroom

oversee teens

oversee chores

finish school with dd2, and ds3

more decluttering in the mudroom

costco trip

pm practice: swimming (2 locations)

Habits:

green smoothie

write 30 minutes

art/craft 30 minutes

Human care including breakfast done

Pet care done

Overdue bill paid.   :blushing:

Dh cleaned the kitchen.   :001_wub:

Dd has done reading comprehension and language arts workbooks on her own (her go-to work when I wake up in a bad way).  I'm more functional than I originally thought so I'm now adding to her list of schoolwork, poor kid!  B)

Both my sisters are with my mom. They said she is still unresponsive and looks slightly orange, so she may be becoming jaundice. I want to give Atlanta time to recover from all the traffic problems and will probably head up there tomorrow. I'd like to at least visit and talk to her in case she can hear us. 

Amy  :grouphug:

Finished much of my stuff, including edit of essay.  He really is not in the running for this, but we made him do it anyway.  I am pretty sure that this is the last thing....

We are off to practices and I will run to Costco.

Have a great night everyone.

Stake down the tent DONE

Put down ant stakes

Grocery shopping DONE

Hose down the patio SWEPT INSTEAD

Assemble the fire pit DONE

Water the strawberries DONE

Get the toys all picked up SORT OF DONE

Finish hemming DH's new pants DONW

DD's spelling test and whatever other schoolwork we have time for DONE

DD gym IN PROGRESS

I also need to buy firewood and propane.

HAVE PROPANE. WILL GET FIREWOOD AFTER GYM.

I got my blood test results back and my a1c was 5.7, which makes me on the very low end of insulin resistant. Do any of you have advice on what the truly best way is to prevent myself becoming diabetic? I know avoid sugar, but should I count carbs? How many a day? They only recommended I be tested in a year, but I'd really like to know before that. 

Thanks for any advice at all!

Amy, thinking of you!!  :grouphug:

Amy--I'm trying really hard to count my carbs daily and eat better...more high fat, less carbs.   I'm trying to stay between 60-80 carbs, however this is really hard for me.  

To do--upper floor-vacuum and dust, put away all the laundry and wipe down bathrooms.  

--school is humming along, and all I have to do is check everything when he's finished.  

--lesson planning for February and March is underway--this will continue through the weekend. 

--dinner will be leftover Chicken parm and salad or cereal. :)

I got my blood test results back and my a1c was 5.7, which makes me on the very low end of insulin resistant. Do any of you have advice on what the truly best way is to prevent myself becoming diabetic? I know avoid sugar, but should I count carbs? How many a day? They only recommended I be tested in a year, but I'd really like to know before that. 

Thanks for any advice at all!

I think the best thing is to get a glucose monitor and test strips (you can get a low cost monitor and strips at Walgreens or Walmart) and test.  You will then find out how much you can eat and still keep your blood sugars between normal levels.  

OK - today got derailed by elderly care.  Visited MIL in the rehab center.  Tried to convince her that she is not ready to just go home.  Found out that FIL rear-ended another car this morning while driving on the freeway.  We're now trying go convince him to give up his car (long overdue imo since he has Alzheimers) and to move into a house close to SILs.  Found out that the kids and I are on deck to paint their house tomorrow and Saturday.  I'm trying not to react to the fact that we weren't asked if we could do it but were told to let them know what time we could be there.  Perhaps with the Alzheimers he thought he had asked us?  (Don't react.  Be gracious.   Breathe.)  So tonight - need to figure out what we're going to jettison from our schedule so that we can do this.  

Melissa she is beautiful!

spent all day at the daycare, dd6 got to skate for the very first time

got kids to the library during my lunch break

dropped teens and 2 of their teammates off at shooting practice

now sitting in library parking lot killing time watching the recent episode of beauty and the beast that I missed on dd14s laptop

Sorry Jean. You are much more patient than I was. I took the keys from my dad and sold his car. My mother wouldn't do it and it had to be done.

I couldn't have my dad wreak havoc in another family's life.

Can you get some teens to paint for a service project?

I took my own dad's keys a couple of years ago.  The problem is that these are not my parents.  

My teens have been "volunteered" for this service project.  We don't mind helping but to be volunteered out of the blue like that with no warning feels a bit jarring.  My kids will be paid for doing this.  I will not be paid for all the support and help I give them.  (Not that I would ask for pay.)

TammyinVA and Jean--my fasting blood sugar was 117. When I can get a testing machine, when should I test to find out about what foods I can eat and can't. 

Normal fasting blood sugar is 100 or less.  At first, you will be testing a lot.  I test 5x a day right now - when I first wake up (my fasting blood sugar), 2 hours after breakfast, lunch, afternoon snack and dinner.  I've discovered (and  you might discover something very different) that I can have carbs at breakfast (just a piece of whole grain toast) but have to go low carb after noon.  I've also discovered that I have to watch my legume/bean intake because those cause my blood sugar to go up too high.  

Amy-- i've been really watching what I eat and testing numerous times a day.  I test when I wake up, 1 hour after breakfast, 2 hours after breakfast,   lunch before eating, 1 hour after lunch and two hours after lunch,  at dinner, 1 hour after dinner, 2 hours after dinner, bedtime.    I do this several times a week and keep a notebook.   It gives me a way to judge how I'm doing.   120 fasting and not above 140 with food were the guidelines I was given by my dietician.   I show my journal to my doctor and she loves that I keep records like this.  

I think your A1C level being 5.7 is within normal limits.   Just be conscious of what you eat.  My rule is 6/7 --6 days eat great 1 day to splurge.  It's usually just a meal for me w/ dessert.   I'm good with that.  I don't want to develop diabetes as I've seen what it can do to my family. 

Foods--they affect everyone differently...corn always throws my blood sugar way up.   You will have to test to find what messes with your blood sugar. 

Jean, I just was stating what my dietician and doctor gave me.  I will do more research.... thanks for the heads up.   I'm doing so much better while on Armour thyroid and checking my glucose 3 to 4 days a week.    I have lots of factors that figure into this --autoimmune disease-graves disease.  

Amy--here's what I pulled up using your numbers.    Result
You have indicated that yourFasting Blood Glucose is 117 mg / dl.

Your blood glucose level is above normal and this is seen inpre-diabetes.

Pre-diabetes doubles your risk of type 2 diabetes, heart disease and stroke.

Lower your risk by
  • Losing 7% of your body weight
  • Doing moderate intensity exercise like brisk walking, swimming, gardening, jogging for 30 to 45 minutes everyday

Repeat the test to check your blood glucose level every year.
diabetes-control-chart.jpg

Read more:Result - Blood Sugar Chart | Medindiahttp://www.medindia.net/patients/calculators/bloodsugar_chart.asp#ixzz2rwfa0Kkz