Menu

Looking for some new chicken breast recipes...

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/A-Good-Easy-Garlic-Chicken/Detail.aspx

I like this one. I change the recipe slightly - saute the breasts in half butter, half olive oil. I also just let them brown slightly, then I dump in about 3/4ths of the can of chicken broth and cover and let them simmer about 20-30 minutes. You can add a little flour and make a delicious gravy to go over the top.

We also like this one http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Feta-Chicken/Detail.aspx but it is a lot more work!

My kids really like this one, but it isn't that good for you.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Famous-Butter-Chicken/Detail.aspx

This one isn't exactly healthy, but it is verrrry good. It came from allrecipes.com It tastes just like takeout. http://savoringthecircus1.blogspot.com/2009/02/we-have-winner.html

You could grill them and drizzle with Goya Mojo sauce (found in the mexican food section). Serve with mashed potatoes/whatever or slice and serve with peppers & onions in warmed tortillas.

You could make alfredo sauce (several good recipes there at allrecipes - just look for ones with the highest ratings) and add cooked cut up chicken & steamed broccoli or even sundried tomatoes. Serve over pasta.

HTH!

Marinate cubed chicken in lime juice, olive oil, salt, pepper, fajita seasoning and crushed garlic. Pour a little of the marinade into a pan and saute strips of bell pepper. Remove bell pepper and saute chicken (with marinade) until just cooked. Recombine with bell pepper and serve with brown rice and a steamed green vegetable.

Laura

Chicken Marsala (from a sweet lady my dh used to work with)

1/8 tsp pepper

1/4 tsp salt

1/4 c. flour

4 chicken breasts (boneless, skinless)

1 Tblspn. olive oil

1/2 c. Marsala wine

1/2 c. chicken stock

1/2 lemon

1/2 c. sliced mushrooms

1 Tblspn fresh parsley, chopped

Mix together salt, pepper and flour. Coat chicken with seasoned flour. In a heavy bottomed skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Brown chicken on both sides. Remove chicken and set aside. To the hot skillet, add wine and deglaze. Add lemon juice, stock and mushrooms. Stir to toss, reduce heat and cook for 10 minutes until partially reduced. Return browned chicken to pan. Spoon sauce over chicken. Cover and cook for 5 - 10 minutes longer or until chicken is done. Serve sauce over chicken. Garnish with chopped parsley.

My notes: We leave out the mushrooms because my dh is allergic. This is fantastic! Really good with creamy mashed potatoes....I need to pick up some Marsala wine soon.

Chicken breasts stuffed with spinach and feta cheese is always a hit in our house. Pound the breast out flat or slice thinly, place a TBL of feta and spinach mixture on and spread out and roll it up. Secure with toothpicks if necessary. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.

No one ever says no to oven baked chicken parm either.

This super forgiving recipe uses Italian dressing for both the baked/grilled chicken and the pasta salad. You can stop after baking the chicken or broil it instead; I just like the smoky flavor that grilling it adds.

http://premeditatedleftovers.blogspot.com/2009/03/from-grilled-chicken-to-pasta-salad.html

I have made the orange chicken with chicken breast instead of a whole chicken. I've also baked it when in a hurry instead of using the crockpot.

http://premeditatedleftovers.blogspot.com/search/label/orange%20chicken

Another easy recipe that has an option for using the leftover chicken in white chili. I also sometimes use the leftover rice and chicken from the garlic chicken to make a very flavorful chicken and rice soup.

http://premeditatedleftovers.blogspot.com/2009/02/from-garlic-chicken-to-white-chili.html

I don't have a recipe posted for this yet, but I like to slice up chicken breasts and cook in taco seasonings. The first night I will serve tacos and then later in the week I will use the leftover meat in a taco salad.

These recipes came from our Scrapbooking crops. We use lots of chicken!

Glenda's Chicken Casserole

2 can cream of chicken soup

8 ounce container sour cream

3-4 cups chicken, cooked and chopped

Mix together and put in buttered 9x13 casserole dish.

1 stick butter, melted

2 sleeves crushed ritz or town house crackers

Mix together and spread over top of chicken mixture.

Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.

For us, I usually half the recipe (and 1/4 the butter) and put it in an 8x8 dish. I also usually make it ahead and put if in the fridge until ready to cook, spreading the cracker mix on just before cooking. I usually serve it wish butter peas mixed with corn or with baby limas mixed with corn....without the cracker mix, it could also be serve over rice or noodles.

Sarah's CHICKEN – FORGOTTEN

frozen, skinless chicken tenders

1 can beefy mushroom soup

1 can cream of mushroom soup

1 soup can of water

1 cup regular rice (raw)

1 pkg. dry onion soup mix

Spread rice in 9x13 pan. Mix the two cans of soup with water and pour over rice. Mix. Layer chicken pieces over mixture. Sprinkle onion soup mix over all. Cover tightly with foil. Bake at 350 degrees for *2 hours without peeking!

*The recipe actually called for 1 chicken, cut up. I substituted skinless, boneless chicken pieces. I also made 1½ times the amount of rice mixture and cooked it about 20 minutes longer since my chicken was also frozen

Knight's CHICKEN PIE

• 2 cups or more cooked boned chicken
  • 2 cans Home-style Veg All (one can drained)
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 pkg. Pillsbury Ready-Crust

Mix together and put in casserole dish lined with one of the pie crusts. Cover with second crust. Place in 350 degree oven for about 1 hour or 'til bubbly

Grace's Chicken and Rice Casserole

3 cups (or more) cooked chicken--cut in bite-sized pieces

1 box Uncle Ben's Long Grain and Wild rice, cooked

1 can cream of celery soup

1 jar chopped pimento--small

1 medium onion-diced

1 can french-style green beans--drained

1 cup mayo

1 can sliced water chestnuts -drained

Mix together all ingredients. Put into 9x13 dish and cook at 350* for 25-30 minutes

Barbara's CHICKEN YUM YUM

frozen, skinless chicken tenders

1 can beefy mushroom soup

1 soup can of water

1 cup regular rice (raw)

1 pkg. dry onion soup mix

Spread rice in 9x13 pan. Mix the two cans of soup with water and pour over rice. Mix. Layer chicken pieces over mixture. Sprinkle onion soup mix over all. Cover tightly with foil. Bake at 350 degrees for *2 hours without peeking!

*The recipe actually called for 1 chicken, cut up. I substituted skinless, boneless chicken pieces. I also made 1½ times the amount of rice mixture and cooked it about 20 minutes longer since my chicken was also frozen.

I aslo have an awesome Chicken salad recipe but don't have it on a computer file. Basically, mix shredded or chopped chicken with mayo, black pepper, and lemon pepper in classic fashion. Add chopped celery to tastes, then add 1-2 cups of grapes (red & green) and fold into the chicken salad. Then put 2-3 T. of white table sugar in a skilled with small packet of slivered almonds & "sugar the almonds" on low temp. The sugar will melt & stick to almonds. Don't scorch. Then, dip them out & let them cool..... Fold the almonds into the salad & serve.

When I cook Chicken in the crock pot for chicken salads, I add Orange Juice and lots of garlic. When I cook chicken in the oven/bake it, I add Moores or Dales marinade or Heinz 57 sauce to add kick! Pineapple & Mandarin Oranges are always great garnishes for baked or stir fry chicken!

Gotta have variety!

Oh, here is one more.....

ALICE’S CHICKEN CASSEROLE

• 8 oz. spaghetti noodles
  • 4 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
  • Margarine (for sautéing onion)
  • 1 soup can of milk
  • 5½ cups cooked, diced chicken
  • salt and pepper to taste

Break noodles in half and cook as directed on package. Drain. Sauté onion in margarine. Thoroughly mix onion with remaining ingredients as well as the cooked noodles. You may freeze in bags at this point or put into lightly greased casserole to bake. Bake uncovered in preheated 350 degree oven about 30 – 40 minutes or until bubbly. Serves 12

If you like Mexican food I can come up with a couple quick and easy ones for you, let e know.

And I am so going to try that spinach stuffed chicken, YUM. DH loves when I make Chicken Cordon Blu so he should like that. YAY! What do you serve on the side? Do you have a nice past recipe for that? My mouth is watering.

Danielle

King Ranch Chicken

1 can cream of chicken soup

1 can Rotel tomatoes

4 chicken breast boiled until cooked, then diced or shredded

1 bag of scoops chips

Shredded mexican cheese

Cook chicken and dice. Mix soups, tomatoes together and add diced chicken.

Put scoops into a large baking dish and pour mixture over the top and crush some scoops on top of mixture and then spread Mexican cheese on top. Bake 350 for 40 minutes until nice and bubbly. Serve with a garden salad. Delicious!:D

Someone asked what I currently make:

Stir fry

Teriyaki chicken

Bbq chicken pizza

Chicken with red and yellow peppers

and a favorite... orange glazed with spinach

http://www.publix.com/aprons/meals/MainDish/SimpleMeal.do?mealId=210&mealGroupId=1004

I read that it's best to reduce beef to once a week. The kids don't like fish (except tilapia pan fried).... so the extra chicken recipes are just the inspiration I need!