Menu

Does anyone have glass Tuperware type storage container that they love?

I love, love, love my plastic storage containers and really don't want to give them up. I have a really bad habit of microwaving leftovers in them, which I know is really unhealthy. Can anyone recommend a brand of glass storage containers. I am hoping for something with a plastic lid since things get knocked around in our fridge. So far I have checked our local Target, Walmart and Costco with no luck.

Thanks!

Anchor Hocking makes glass containers with plastic lids. I've seen them in large boxed sets at Walmart, Target, etc. There are also some on Overstock.com right now. http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Anchor-Hocking-36-piece-Storage-Bowl-Set/2906253/product.html We used to have some porcelein (sp?) bowls called "Grabbits" that were round with a handle and had plastic lids--they gradually broke over the years but I liked them--they were a convenient size for one serving of leftovers.

I do like the Anchor Hocking bowls, but I have not yet found a source to get replacement lids, and for some reason we seem to trash our lids much faster than we break our bowls! :glare:

So, I won't buy AH anymore, but will stick with Pyrex, which does sell replacement lids which I can find easily.

Anne

I do like the Anchor Hocking bowls, but I have not yet found a source to get replacement lids, and for some reason we seem to trash our lids much faster than we break our bowls! :glare:

So, I won't buy AH anymore, but will stick with Pyrex, which does sell replacement lids which I can find easily.

Anne

:iagree: I use the Pyrex for the lid reason too. My lids seem to wander into the sandbox while I'm not looking, then get chewed to bits by the dog. :001_huh: I try to buy an extra lid when I buy...just in case.

Update - I bought a set of Pyrex glass bowls at Sam's Club yesterday, and now I am wondering why I didn't do this a long time ago. I love, love, love these bowls! They are so versitle. I do a lot of food prep in the morning and I love having storage containers that double as serving bowls.

Thanks, Ladies!!

Next up - replace my plastic water bottle.