Menu

Why only Jehovah's Witnesses come knocking on your door?

Living on base, they can't go door to door, but I've gotten cold calls doing the same thing. I'm not sure what chruch it was from. I was sort of surpised at that.

Oh! You reminded me of the recorded calls I get from Mike Murdock. I don't know much about him except he's a televangelist. The very first thing we hear is, "Hello precious friend, this is Mike Murdock." His voice just makes me giggle. I rarely listen for more than a moment, but his voice is just fascinating.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ditto. I've *experienced* pretty much every thing she said.

That's interesting. I'm actually uplifted to hear that some of them were competent and respectable. The one that always came to my college was clearly nuts. He was practically frothing at the mouth and getting way too much pleasure out of telling us how our professors were leading us down the path to hell. He actually would have been amusing if it weren't for his three wives and fifteen kids, who were all filthy, poorly dressed, and looked like they hadn't eaten in awhile. {shudder}. I kind of feel bad for all of Christianity when someone like that claims the name "Christian".

I'm sure I know exactly who you are talking about .... it was "brother Jim" or something like that? We were all "wh@res" and the guys were all "wh@remongers" lol. He was pretty frothing.

But I just remember that not all the "pit preachers" were like that. Some of them were okay and appeared to be sincere and of sound mind.

I'm sure I know exactly who you are talking about .... it was "brother Jim" or something like that? We were all "wh@res" and the guys were all "wh@remongers" lol. He was pretty frothing.

Yes! That was him! :lol:

But I just remember that not all the "pit preachers" were like that. Some of them were okay and appeared to be sincere and of sound mind.

I am glad to know that.

Well, I haven't been involved in the debate but I have been following along. I think it's very rude to assume that people want to be saved. Not everyone believes in the concept of God, heaven, etc. Not everyone who does not believe in those things is ignorant. Some people have come to the conclusion that they do not want to hear any more about God in a very precise, thoughtful manner. Is it not insulting to tell those people they are wrong in their beliefs?

I don't like door to door soliciting for any purpose I can think of.

But no, I don't think it's rude to put a flier on someone's car urging them to attend your church or accept your God - any more than I think it's rude to put out fliers urging people to vote your way or buy your product or get your car washed at your gas station. I find all these things annoying and wonder if any of them have the intended impact, but I wouldn't want to single out religious speech as somehow uniquely rude or annoying. To me, it's not.

I'd would love it if all these forms of speech were abandoned, though. I hate bill boards, I hate junk mail, can't think of when I have ever changed a political opinion because someone confronted me about voting a certain way. I dislike fliers of any type left on my car or in my mail box (or worse, on my front steps). It all seems senseless to me.

Some of the things that the previous poster mentioned do seem extremely rude to me - particularly trying to evangelize someone else's children in a sneaky way. That really really bothers me.

But no, I don't think it's rude to put a flier on someone's car urging them to attend your church or accept your God -
The thing is, though, that this kind of thing changes my mind about nothing. Somone talking to me about my spiritual questions and helping me to find the answers... now that made a big difference. And they started with "If God exists then what about this evidence for evolution? And why does he allow suffering?" Those answers are not going to be addressed with an invite to attend your church.

Oops, I thought I had already replied to this post...

Finally, I tell her..."Wow!! You are SO good at quoting the bible and really seem to be in touch with God and faith. Have you ever thought of becoming Catholic? Let me give you the number to our RCIA office and I know the lady...her name is Shirley, would love to talk to you!" The look on her face was priceless and she seemed appalled that I would even ask her this!!

She told me she wasn't interested and I kept pressing..."But if you knew more about the Catholic faith you would come to realize that it is the one true church of God!! How can you refuse God like that?"

Well, it sounds like you didn't have very many options to get your point across, and this worked very well. You are just as excited about Catholicism as she is about her faith. I think she got it.

I don't think you are rude. :)

I don't think it's an effective way to witness. But if a Mormon invites me to visit his church, in a flier or otherwise, I guess that would be my big chance to engage in that kind of deeper discussion.

In any case, if I could choose, I would choose for people not to knock on my door, put fliers on my car, send me junk mail, or bombard us with billboards on the highway. But I am not sure that I find attempts at evangelism on my car any ruder or more annoying than advertisements or political literature on the windshield.

I don't think it's an effective way to witness. But if a Mormon invites me to visit his church, in a flier or otherwise, I guess that would be my big chance to engage in that kind of deeper discussion.

In any case, if I could choose, I would choose for people not to knock on my door, put fliers on my car, send me junk mail, or bombard us with billboards on the highway. But I am not sure that I find attempts at evangelism on my car any ruder or more annoying than advertisements or political literature on the windshield.

Sooooo.....would you like to go to church with me? ;) (Sorry, I couldn't resist.)

I used to have JV and Mormons come to our house, but they have stopped....thankfully!!

But I do get a lot of people trying to convert me in public places. The most recent one happened while I was getting my oil changed!! An older lady comes up to me and starts asking if I believe in everlasting life, etc. etc. Mind you...I had all 4 of my little kids with me!

Now this kind of thing is EXTREMELY annoying to me!! It's like they don't listen when you tell them you aren't interested. She just kept quoting her little bible and trying to give me her pamphlets.

Finally, I tell her..."Wow!! You are SO good at quoting the bible and really seem to be in touch with God and faith. Have you ever thought of becoming Catholic? Let me give you the number to our RCIA office and I know the lady...her name is Shirley, would love to talk to you!" The look on her face was priceless and she seemed appalled that I would even ask her this!!

She told me she wasn't interested and I kept pressing..."But if you knew more about the Catholic faith you would come to realize that it is the one true church of God!! How can you refuse God like that?"

Of course, I was exaggerating my emotions and she simply walked away from me!!!

It was hilarious and amazing. I felt like I gave her a taste of her own medicine! And isn't it illegal to do those things in a place of business anyways??

Liz in NC

:lol: Okay, I did not read this entire thread...but I got a kick out of this!

These are by PBS (Non-Witnesses)

Knocking (film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Knocking is a 2006 documentary film directed by Joel Engardio [1]and Tom Shepard that focuses on the civil liberties fought for by Jehovah's Witnesses. ...

Knocking Documentary Project

KNOCKING opens the door on Jehovah's Witnesses. They are moral conservatives who stay out of politics and the Culture War, but they won a record number of ...

Some of this can be found on Youtube.

Edited by Lovedtodeath

We have gotten Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormons. My dear atheist husband will generally invite them in...not to harass them, just because he enjoys a good debate. I once spent an hour hiding in the bedroom because he was talking to Jehovah's Witnesses and I just didn't feel up to being polite that day.

My brother happens to be a Mormon (having converted in his early 20s) and tries so very hard to convert us. I once got him so frustrated by my refusal to listen to him that he ended the conversation with "Fine. Well, don't blame me when you end up in hell." And I thought, why on earth would I blame you? Certainly if I end up in hell (if there is such a place), it will be no one's fault but my own. :lol:

My brother happens to be a Mormon (having converted in his early 20s) and tries so very hard to convert us. I once got him so frustrated by my refusal to listen to him that he ended the conversation with "Fine. Well, don't blame me when you end up in hell." And I thought, why on earth would I blame you? Certainly if I end up in hell (if there is such a place), it will be no one's fault but my own. :lol:

This is funny, because Mormons don't believe in hell. (Just to be clear, I'm not saying I don't believe you that he said that. I believe you.)

Mormons believe in three degrees of glory, and Joseph Smith once said that if we could see the lowest degree of glory we would want to die to get there.

This would the JW POV, not the POV of the person that is "opposing JW's" and "telling me not to study with them" ;) The accurate answer, that I believe BOTH can agree on, would be "because they hold to a different understanding or interpretation of Scripture" :001_smile:

This would the JW POV, not the POV of the person that is "opposing JW's" and "telling me not to study with them" ;) The accurate answer, that I believe BOTH can agree on, would be "because they hold to a different understanding or interpretation of Scripture" :001_smile:
That is why I made it clear that this was from the Jehovah's Witnesses official website.

Study with the Witnesses and see for yourself whether your Bible understanding increases or not.—Matthew 7:17-20.

That is why I made it clear that this was from the Jehovah's Witnesses official website.

Got it :001_smile: thanks!

(just a personal note, not offended though: I just felt the site wasn't exactly honest in their answer. Those that would fit this question don't oppose Jesus' preaching and many are neither uninformed nor prejudiced...we simply disagree with how the Watchtower interprets things ;) but this is why I put "POV" )

Edited by mommaduck

"because they hold to a different understanding or interpretation of Scripture" :001_smile:
I have learned so much about that. Just the other day on the Easter thread, some of the interpetations of Scripture were brand new to me.

(just a personal note, not offended though: I just felt the site wasn't exactly honest in their answer. Those that would fit this question don't oppose Jesus' preaching and many are neither uninformed nor prejudiced...we simply disagree with how the Watchtower interprets things ;) but this is why I put "POV" )

But a lot of them do. I know of quite a few that started out opposed and ended up changing their mind, either supporting their friend or family member in their desire to be a Witness, or later (sometimes many years later) becoming a Witness themselves.

Of course, I know some people who aren't ignorant of the Witnesses teachings by any means (perhaps even being a Witness themselves for a number of years) and have changed to another religion, or given up on organized religion all together.

Edited by Lovedtodeath

I have learned so much about that. Just the other day on the Easter thread, some of the interpetations of Scripture were brand new to me.

Yep, just when we each think we "know it all", we have more to learn :)

(I didn't read the Easter thread as I was staying out of trouble; I don't do "easter"...however, heading there now :) )

This is funny, because Mormons don't believe in hell. (Just to be clear, I'm not saying I don't believe you that he said that. I believe you.)

Mormons believe in three degrees of glory, and Joseph Smith once said that if we could see the lowest degree of glory we would want to die to get there.

Just for the sake of clarity and accuracy in discussing one another's beliefs, I'd like to mention that Mormons actually believe there are three degrees of glory in heaven,following final judgment and resurrection. In addition to these degrees of glory, Mormons believe in a hell, also often referred to as "outer darkness", which is the realm of Satan and his angels as well as those who knowingly reject Christ, and which is also a possible destination following judgment and resurrection. Mormons also believe in a "spirit world" existence between death and resurrection, in which there are an additional two divisions, one of which is referred to as "heaven" or "paradise", and one of which is referred to as "hell" or "spirit prison". So you might actually say that Mormons believe in TWO hells.

But yes, although we believe outer darkness/hell to be an unimaginably horrific experience, we do believe that the lowest degree of heavenly glory is a pretty nifty place.

Just for the sake of clarity and accuracy in discussing one another's beliefs, I'd like to mention that Mormons actually believe there are three degrees of glory in heaven,following final judgment and resurrection. In addition to these degrees of glory, Mormons believe in a hell, also often referred to as "outer darkness", which is the realm of Satan and his angels as well as those who knowingly reject Christ, and which is also a possible destination following judgment and resurrection. Mormons also believe in a "spirit world" existence between death and resurrection, in which there are an additional two divisions, one of which is referred to as "heaven" or "paradise", and one of which is referred to as "hell" or "spirit prison". So you might actually say that Mormons believe in TWO hells.

But yes, although we believe outer darkness/hell to be an unimaginably horrific experience, we do believe that the lowest degree of heavenly glory is a pretty nifty place.

I never associated spirit prison with hell, but I see how one could.

As for outer darkness, it was always my understanding that it wasn't really a possible destination for anyone who didn't have a sure knowledge at some point. In other words, you have to be an apostate, not just a non-Mormon.

I never associated spirit prison with hell, but I see how one could.

Yeah, it's referred to using that term sometimes. But quite often "spirit prison" and "outer darkness" tend to be used in order to avoid confusion between the two.

As for outer darkness, it was always my understanding that it wasn't really a possible destination for anyone who didn't have a sure knowledge at some point. In other words, you have to be an apostate, not just a non-Mormon.

Yes, going to outer darkness is understood to be based on something much more profound than just which church one does or does not belong to. It's considered to be reserved for those of any faith or background who have received a very clear and undeniable revelatory witness from God in which they are given a clear knowledge of eternal truth beyond question or doubt--they unequivocally KNOW (and this is not just a subjective self-assured belief that one knows, it's actual objective knowledge) that there is a God and what role Jesus plays in God's plan, and so forth, and KNOWING this beyond doubt, they intentionally choose to oppose God--they come out in intentional, informed rebellion against God.

So it's not seen as the default destination of anyone who's not in the right church, you're right about that. But some people will end up there, and it is very much a hell that Mormons believe in.

But it's also not the sort of thing that any person can really know about any other person, and going around opining about who is or isn't going to hell (either one of them) is not a behavior that is particularly characteristic of mature Latter-day Saint belief or practice.

But it's also not the sort of thing that any person can really know about any other person, and going around opining about who is or isn't going to hell (either one of them) is not a behavior that is particularly characteristic of mature Latter-day Saint belief or practice.

I suppose a very aggravating little sister could bring out the most immature side of even an LDS doing their missionary work.

Dh calls them trespassers. I haven't minded the very rare visits from JW's to our farmyard. I tell them "I'm not interested, thank you." They say "have a nice day" and so long, s'all right.

However, we had an incident, too, but it involved our very large dog and having to lend one of the trespassers a pair of unsoiled pants.

Don't worry, no animals were harmed in the incident. :D

:smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5:

I suppose a very aggravating little sister could bring out the most immature side of even an LDS doing their missionary work.

LOL! Could be. Was he serious, or joking? My dh jokes like that with his brother sometimes--and his brother jokingly tells dh where he's going too...but they really do have a good relationship. I know dh gets frustrated sometimes because he feels like being LDS has really added a lot of good to his life that he'd like to see his brother have too. And sometimes his brother will start talking about some problem or other in his life or with his family and dh will feel like dude, if you'd just LISTEN to me. Probably his brother feels the same way sometimes...lol.

• 4 weeks later...

The Jehovah's Witnesses here in Norfolk VA are like Energizer Bunnies, only they're not even one quarter as endearing. There's just no stopping them. They're at our front door every other weekend without fail.

We've tried every polite way we know to get them to leave us alone. We've never accepted any literature. We've never engaged them in conversation, not even ordinary pleasantries. We've never said anything except "Please don't visit this house." With the exception of being minimally courteous, and not permitting our dog to bark at them, (she's not allowed to bark at ANYONE), we've given them no encouragement.

If they show up again this month, we're going to try a new tactic. We don't know what we're going to do, but being courteous simply isn't working. Does anyone have an idea that doesn't necessitate degrading ourselves with bad behavior?

So now I want to know why it would matter if you said you were Jewish? Is there some sort of code that means "run away" if you hear that faith mentioned? I am kind of cracking up. If they are there to convert folks, why do Jewish folks get a pass? :D

(I'll say right up front that I haven't read all 13 pages yet but...)

I've found that telling them (usually LDS, sometimes Baptist or non-denominational, less frequently JW) that we go to Saint so-and-so's (a Catholic church in the area) puts a quick end to the discussion too.

Maybe they figure I'm just a hopelessly lost cause. :lol:

(I'll say right up front that I haven't read all 13 pages yet but...)

I've found that telling them (usually LDS, sometimes Baptist or non-denominational, less frequently JW) that we go to Saint so-and-so's (a Catholic church in the area) puts a quick end to the discussion too.

Maybe they figure I'm just a hopelessly lost cause. :lol:

Interestingly...we moved to a new neighborhood, but just 2 miles from our old one. So we got hit with a new set of JW. They asked something about our beliefs and I told them I am reformed. He said, "Oh, reformed, eh." I didn't think much about it, but a couple of weeks ago I noticed them on our street and they bypassed our house.

When we lived in the city we would have JW's knocking at our door quite often. If it was just the boys and I at home I wouldn't answer the door. But when DH was home....he LOVED talking with them. Loved. It. He is well versed on the JW and Mormon beliefs and he's so gracious when talking to them that they will stand there for HOURS (exaggeration) debating and discussing. He knows just what verses to point them too. It's a fascinating ability that I just do not have.

One time, two older ladies came to our door and probably stood talking to him for almost an hour. Our boys pulled up chairs and sat next to dad to listen it. The ladies didn't want to come into the house, so they stood at the screen door and tried to stump him. Ha! Then finally he noticed they were carrying a regular King James bible, so he asked them to go to a certain verse. That's when they said, "Ooh No, we won't be looking at that verse!" and promptly left. I don't recall what verse it was, but apparently, according to my dh, it is one they have taken out, or changed significantly in their version of the bible. :001_huh:

We now live on fenced acreage in the boonies. We have not had any Mormons, but JW's still venture out here occasionally. They sit out at our gate and honk their horn, while I sit in my house and ignore them. :glare: Or, if I happen to be in the yard, I wave from a safe distance and say, "Not interested, thanks!" And then turn and walk in the other direction. :D That works for me. ;)

As for other 'religions' door-knocking. There was also a very large Baptist church where we lived and they would come by regularly. You could always tell them from the JW's and Mormons; they were usually young ladies with very long skirts walking in groups of two or three. They were always harmless, not trying to convert you on the spot, but just handing out an invite to church so their pastor could convert you! LOL What would bug me is that even though I would tell them that we are Christians and attend and TEACH at such-in-such church, they would still hand me an invite and want us to come. I later found out that the reason for that is because they are taught in their church that any Christian that is not attending a church exactly like their church (and there was no other church like theirs anywhere nearby) was not a true part of the Body of Christ. :001_huh: Christians, yes possibly, but part of the Body of Christ? Nope! So we "other Christians" attending other churches, are like body parts flailing around with no head (Christ). It was quite disconcerting...and totally unbiblical. Not to mention very cultish.

and I told them I am reformed. He said, "Oh, reformed, eh." I didn't think much about it, but a couple of weeks ago I noticed them on our street and they bypassed our house.

"Reformed"?! Reformed what? I'm a reformed "Grouch", "Despiser of Weiner Dogs", "French Fry Addict", and "Lead Foot."

I could be "Reformed" next time they visit. That's not a lie! I'll give that a shot.

It is so annoying to have people come knocking at your door. We only get Jehovah's Witness people thankfully. I'm so glad nobody else does this. It would make me lose significant respect for that person's religion. Especially when you are the biggest house on the block and they skip over all the smaller houses just to knock at yours :glare:

We're going to put up a sign: No Soliciting. My mom used to have one up when I was still a child: We are Catholics. Respect our religion. We respect yours.

I would argue with them when I was younger and send them packing with more knowledge about the Bible than they did (as I used to read the Bible like fairy tales). When dh was younger (16ish) he would come at the door wearing skulls, looking possessed to just scare them away :lol:

Why is it believed that the King James Version is infallible? Wasn't King James an immoral man? I don't use any other books from 1811. The clergy at that time were very resistant to using it. I suppose the reasoning then and now is that older is always better?

http://www.amazon.com/Truth-Translation-Accuracy-Translations-Testament/dp/0761825568 Some of you may be interested in this book, if accurate Bible Translations are important to you.

I like to use several to get the full meaning of some passages. I really enjoy the New Jerusalem Bible, Today's English Version and the New International Version.

I tend to prefer translations that are not as wordy, but get the same point across.

Edited by Lovedtodeath

Why is it believed that the King James Version is infallible?

Wasn't King James an immoral man?

While I certainly don't think the KJV is infallible, I certainly don't think that King James himself wrote it either! :001_huh: All men are sinful...according to that premise one should not trust any bible translation. :confused: I'm sure that's probably not what you meant. :001_smile: I do believe however that the bible's original texts, are indeed infallible.

Personally, I like the New American Standard or the ESV.

The ladies my dh was talking with could have been holding any bible, but the JW one, and my dh could have used that same scripture...it had nothing to do with it being a KJV. :001_smile:

PS - I'm starting to really resent their tactic of always dragging their kids along. I could be a lot firmer about warning them to leave us alone if it weren't for those precious babies.
It is not a tactic. I have never thought of it that way at all. Our families all sit together and listen to, discuss and read (when able) the same information. The children are being exhorted to preach along with the rest of us. They want to do so as part of their worship and relationship with their God.

While I certainly don't think the KJV is infallible, I certainly don't think that King James himself wrote it either! :001_huh: All men are sinful...according to that premise one should not trust any bible translation. :confused: I'm sure that's probably not what you meant. :001_smile: I do believe however that the bible's original texts, are indeed infallible.

Personally, I like the New American Standard or the ESV.

The ladies my dh was talking with could have been holding any bible, but the JW one, and my dh could have used that same scripture...it had nothing to do with it being a KJV. :001_smile:

(Well maybe in English anyway.) ... What scripture is it?

I remember a time when ever single Saturday am (early!) there was a knock at the door, despite my already having asked the JW folks not to return, that I was not interested.

It got to the point where I informed the gentleman at the door that if he did not remove himself immediately, I would have him charged with trespassing. And if anyone showed up ever again, I would call and have them arrested as well. He actually argued with me that he had the right to freedom of religion. :001_huh: I agreed that he did, but that didn't give him freedom to my property. :glare: He left, and I actually didn't have anyone hammering at my door at the early hours on a Saturday am. Wonderful!

It got to the point where I informed the gentleman at the door that if he did not remove himself immediately, I would have him charged with trespassing. And if anyone showed up ever again, I would call and have them arrested as well. He actually argued with me that he had the right to freedom of religion. :001_huh:

Human nature is to defend ourselves. He probably took it as being accused of trespassing to begin with, and felt a need to tell you he wasn't, lol. Why we think that defending ourselves is a good idea, I don't know, but it is our first inclination, isn't it? And he wasn't trespassing until after you told him to leave.

I am glad that it worked out for you in the end; no more early Saturday callers.

It is not a tactic. I have never thought of it that way at all.

I'm sorry Loved to Death. It seems I've hurt your feelings. I apologize for my increasing irritation. I fully recognize that you are not the one knocking on my door every Saturday AM.

As you say, this bunch of Jehovah's Witnesses that knock on my door every other Saturday is undoubtedly well intentioned, innocent and pure as the driven snow. This being the case, is there a way to get them to stop visiting us, without resorting to being rude or dishonest?

Human nature is to defend ourselves. He probably took it as being accused of trespassing to begin with, and felt a need to tell you he wasn't, lol. Why we think that defending ourselves is a good idea, I don't know, but it is our first inclination, isn't it? And he wasn't trespassing until after you told him to leave.

I am glad that it worked out for you in the end; no more early Saturday callers.

Problem was, I had told them NOT to come back several Saturdays in a row prior, lol...it wasn't until I threatened legal action that I was listened to. Crazy.

Now that I've moved provinces, I've had Mormons, JW and Baptists come by. Fortunately, none have crossed the line into harassment as they did at my old home, and all have accepted, 'No thank you' with grace thus far.

Impish,

it wasn't until I threatened legal action that I was listened to. Crazy.

I like my life on even keel. It's exhausting to become combative, and I resent having to become combative in order to get someone to respect my boundaries. When being gracious doesn't work, I really resent it. Don't most people feel that way? What do you think?

is there a way to get them to stop visiting us, without resorting to being rude or dishonest?

If they are visiting THAT often, then I can only guess one of two things have happened. Either someone in the household showed interest of some sort at some point OR you live in a very small territory (usually big cities) that get worked every few weeks.

Have you ASKED them what got you the visitors so often? *I* would have just brought it up to them as I just couldn't help but wonder why they KEEP coming back if I never take literature, say I'm not interested, etc when you know JWs don't visit EVERYONE that often.

Just for example. Another lady and I went to this man's house the other day. He was SUPER nice. I very much enjoyed talking to him. But he wasn't interested in taking what we were offering. He will next get visited when that territory is worked again, probably in a few months (since it was in town; rural gets worked every 6-12mo in our territory).

Though most people DO talk with us and are friendly, we can't just write off people/houses that don't talk or are unfriendly. Their situation may change and they may decide they are interested afterall. They may have questions. Their life circumstances may change. They may move so someone else is there. A family member may be interested though you weren't, etc.

VERY few houses get added to the "do not knock" list. I have NEVER seen it personally except in the case of sex offenders. Even houses on the list...an elder will stop by once a year or so to make sure that is still the case.

As you say, this bunch of Jehovah's Witnesses that knock on my door every other Saturday is undoubtedly well intentioned, innocent and pure as the driven snow.

:lol: LOL!!

Tell them that Saturday is a very bad time and you wish to be put on a "do not call" list.

That being said, you might get a call once a year or so, checking to see if someone else lives there or circumstances have changed.

Well Pamela and Loved to Death, those are two very good suggestions.

"Why so often, in spite of my having asked you repeatedly not to call here?" is not a combative question.

The specific term "Do not call List" may help to clarify our position. Communicating to them with their special jargon might be helpful, since loaded language sometimes leads to confusion. Perhaps there's something about "Please don't visit this household again." that is ambiguous.

Once a year wouldn't be quite so obnoxious.

Blessings!

Elizabeth

It seems rather pushy and off-putting to me to keep coming back to my house if I have requested no further visits. It's not up to someone else to decide my life circumstances may have changed and that I should be visited again. If life circumstances do change, I can seek out what I need, from whomever I need it from. I don't mean any of this in a confrontational way, I just get frustrated with what I see as a blatant disregard for my personal boundaries/space.