Menu

Oh my. And some of us thought it was bad to remove a child from the dinner table!

LAKELAND, Fla. — A Lakeland eighth-grader has been suspended from riding the school bus for three days after being accused of passing gas.

Read the rest here.

I just don't get it. Here we pass gas because our bodies' need relief. I never realized people could deliver on the spot? And I never realized passing gas could elicit such reactions out of people. Learn something new every day.

Janet

Trust me--I know several teenage boys who can do it at will! It probably also involves expelling the gas more forcefully on purpose rather than naturally. When I was in jr. high, there was a boy in my class who purposely brought a can of pork and beans for lunch every day so he would have "ammunition" for the afternoon classes. For some reason he was only popular with the boys!:lol:

Wow. I don't know What to say. At least he didn't get arrested like the 13 year old mentioned in the end of the article, though! :glare: I'm just really glad we homeschool, cause my kids would have been permanently expelled due to the copious amounts of wind passed here on a daily basis. :tongue_smilie:

I think riding the bus is a privilege and that if it's true he *purposely* and multiple times fouled it up for the entertainment of his friends, I really have no problem with a temporary suspension. I know it's really his parents who end up being punished, but whatever. This honestly is the driver's workplace, and I think he and the other kids on the bus deserve better. But when I say that bus rides are a privilege, I really mean it. I would also be okay with kicking kids of for other minor violations. It's not a major episode, but I don't think it should have to be for a bus driver to punish him this way.

I could think of much worse for a teenager to be sent home for, honestly.

I could too. HOWEVER, if my son got sent home because he was misbehaving on the bus, after repeatedly being told to stop, and that misbehavior was for something as stupid as public farting, I would be one embarrassed mother.

His mother should be embarrassed that he is rude and inconsiderate. That he doesn't know when to stop. That he doesn't know that "poop" jokes aren't for everyone or every situation.

I applaud the bus driver for kicking him off the bus. Someone has to set standards around that boy.