Menu

Has anybody seen China's Terracotta Army in Atlanta?

I took my then-10-year-old son and my 14-year-old daughter. We did the family audio tour. (The other was just too dry for our tastes.) It was a very good exhibit. Our only complaint was that the set-up at the Atlanta museum doesn't match the audio tour as well as it might. At first, we were doing the audio tour snippets in the order we found them walking through the exhibit and found we were getting the story out of order. So, we started checking when we walked into each room to make sure we looked at the pieces in numerical order.

Otherwise, though, high marks from all of us.

I'm glad to hear such rave reviews! To be honest, I didn't even know such a thing existed until yesterday when we read about it in a book about China. :blush:We are studying China in MFW ECC this week and next. I really want to go!!

we planned our family summer vacation around going to Houston to see the exhibit! My dh can not wait!!! He has always wanted to travel to China to see it. This is the next best thing.......at least it is more inline with our budget right now! LOL.

Lynda

We leave to see the real thing (among other things of course!) in 3 weeks!

Remember the thread about counting field trips as school days? Yeah, we'll be counting that 8 day field trip as school days!

I so can't wait! But still not sure how you use a squatty potty when you are wearing jeans? I get it if you're wearing a skirt (something that just isn't going to ever happen). I've only ever had to use them once (usually there are western toilets), but from what I read, most places in have the squatty ones. It will be interesting. :tongue_smilie:

It honestly was one of the coolest things I ever saw. I took a train from Beijing all the way to Xian on what amounts to a "whim" because I heard there were these really cool clay warriors that I just had to see.

We did this last year! Okay, not on a whim, but we did take the overnight train from Beijing to Xian. It was an amazing exhibit. That and the Great Wall are definitely in the top ten things I've seen in my life so far.

Well, if you come to see that, you do know that the King Tut exhibit is in town too, right?

Seeing both is a great comparison/contrast exercise w/ things prepared for the afterlife, cultures, artistic styles, materials, etc....

Not to tempt you or anything... :tongue_smilie:

I'll have to see if it is coming to Boston.

ETA: I couldn't find a schedule on Google. Does anyone know if it is coming to Boston?

No, the closesest it's coming to Boston is DC at National Geographic. They'll be exhibited from Nov, 2009 to March 2010. It would be an easy train trip down, if you wanted to travel to see it.