Menu

Prayer thread for those in financial distress due to the current economic climate

Sharon, Thanks for starting this! I'll add all you guys to my prayer list. & please add us.

1) When we did our 2008 taxes we found that we made 50% less than in 2007:001_huh: Dh is an a/c-refrigeration contractor and with the real estate crash, folks are not buying & re-modeling homes & the businesses are repairing, not replacing equipment.

2) We just listed our house as a short sale. It's 50% less than our mortgage amount (bought in 2006.) We're behind in our payments, but a praise is that the mtg co. would rather we stay put for now so the house isn't vacant. :)

3) In trying to keep business as usual last year we cranked up our credit card balances to over $100K

4) Dd#1 is waiting for the financial aid letters. We're in the strange place of having a decent income, but w/expenses that are more than the income.

Sharon, Thanks for starting this! I'll add all you guys to my prayer list. & please add us.

1) When we did our 2008 taxes we found that we made 50% less than in 2007:001_huh: Dh is an a/c-refrigeration contractor and with the real estate crash, folks are not buying & re-modeling homes & the businesses are repairing, not replacing equipment.

2) We just listed our house as a short sale. It's 50% less than our mortgage amount (bought in 2006.) We're behind in our payments, but a praise is that the mtg co. would rather we stay put for now so the house isn't vacant. :)

3) In trying to keep business as usual last year we cranked up our credit card balances to over $100K

4) Dd#1 is waiting for the financial aid letters. We're in the strange place of having a decent income, but w/expenses that are more than the income.

:grouphug::grouphug: As I placed your family's needs on the list and thought particularly of your child's need for college financing, this verse came to mind: "Put your trust in the Lord and He will do this. He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noon day sun." Take heart, friend. God's word is rich with promise that He not only knows your needs but has measured the weight of them upon your shoulders. Just as with the Israelites, I am confident that He not only knows your needs, He has heard your heartcry, and more importantly, has already begun a plan for meeting those needs....

• 2 weeks later...

In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation.

I will post this in case there are those who would like to take advantage of an opportunity to be prayed for by fellow WTMers who have a heart to intercede on your behalf during these trying times. Please post in this thread if you either 1) would like to serve as an intercessor and/or 2) have a special need related to these trying economic times that you would like to have us pray for.

:grouphug: and many blessings to all,

Sharon

P.S. I will treat this much like the Homes for Sale thread I've managed the past 9 months. By posting to this thread you will receive automatic followups. As updates are provided on individual needs, I will update the list accordingly thus keeping the thread alive and those participating informed regarding new or changing needs and, most importantly, praise reports!

I wanted to thank you all for your prayers, they mean so much to us. This weekend is very important to our business- and so I come here to ask that you keep the prayers coming. We are hopeful that we have the opportunity to serve old and new customers; that we can provide them with a great product at a great price-and quite frankly...that we can close sales.

Bless you,

Praying the prayer that never fails: May God's kingdom purposes be established in each one of your lives on earth as it stands in heaven! Amen.

Stacia - dh laid off last week (second time in past 7 years) but offered a lowerpaying job with drastically reduced income

TCoppock - dh is unable to continue in the construction industry due to health issues - needs divine direction as to what to do instead; poster needs strength/patience to weather the storm

Brenda in FL - dh laid off mid Jan ('09); pray for strengthened spirits during job search and wisdom to know how to be frugal

RoughCollie - dh is self employed and family is currently operating under 1/3 of regular income which is insufficient to cover basic household needs (mortgage, health insurance, office rent); health insurance is most immediately threatened

Amy in WT - dh, minister of music, has been without a full time job for 1.5 year; currently preparing to sell home but without real sense of what they're to do/where they're to go; health insurance is threatened; pray for healing from past hurts inflicted by previous church, financial/job needs, and divine direction

ereks mom - dh is self employed - business suffering from existing economic conditions; no health insurance; two aged vehicles (+12 yo/high mileage)

Nancy in NH - dh is working two jobs totaling long hours and equalling exhaustion; both children have had major cardiac surgery among others and one child still needs another major surgery; Major medical expenses even after insurance; house in disrepair with no time or money to contend with it; concerns are health of child needing more surgery, financial, physical strength, mental/spiritual peace

Liz CA - need divine direction to know whether or not to hang tough in current position or seek different employment

Sparkle - dh's job is furloughed one day/month (better than originally expected) meaning a 5% paycut. Pray things don't get worse but resume to baseline soon.

Drama Queen

Dooley - DH is a freelance video engineer with next to no work since December; living off small savings but with their eyes on Jesus to meet their needs.

SnowWhite - dh needs a new job by the end of May when his current job (just reduced to max 10hr/week) expires

MotherMayI - newly purchased business (Nov, 08) is slow; family is currently living off of savings; pray for increased business/sales

Punkinelly - dh faces a 6% cut in pay which will be difficult in the face of an already tight budget

K-FL - dh's business is suffering, debt is mounting; house is up for short sale for 1/2 of mortgaged amount; praise is the family is being allowed by the mortgage company to reside there for now to avoid vacancy of the dwelling; one child ready for college but needs financing

Scripture that quickens in my spirit as I ponder these needs - let's agree on them together (and do share any others that come to your mind!) for "the Word of God is mighty and powerful to the pulling down of strongholds"! (This list will grow with time as the Lord lays verses on our hearts.....)

"Do not worry about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. And the peace of God which surpasses knowledge will guard your heart and mind through Christ Jesus."

"May you be richly rewarded by the Lord, the God of Israel, under whose wings you have come to take refuge." Ruth 2:12

"I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord." Psalm 27:13-14

Hope - "Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess for God who promises is faithful!"; "I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you; plans to give you hope and a future; you will find me when you seek me with all of your heart and I will be found by you, declares the Lord." "I put my trust in the Lord, in His word do I hope." "But, as for me, I will always have hope - I will trust you more and more."

"I have set the Lord always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken." Psalm 16:8

"Let the beloved of the Lord rest secure in him, for he shields him all day long, and the one the Lord loves rests between his shoulders." Deut 33:12

For those needing direction: "I will guide you and direct you, I will counsel you and watch over you, I will instruct you and show you the way that you're to go." "Whether you turn to the right or the left you will hear a still small voice behind you saying, 'this is the way. walk ye in it'." Finally, "My sheep know my voice. The voice of another they will not follow."

Needs: "For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless."

Praise: "Now to Him who is able to do immeasureably more than anything that we can ask or imagine, to Him be the glory and the praise!"

(BTW - use biblegateway.com to find the references if desired; for time's sake I've not looked them up. :-)

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;

and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you.

When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned;

the flames will not set you ablaze.

For I am the Lord, your God.

Isa 43:2-3

Praying for all! :grouphug: Sharon

• 2 weeks later...

When I said, "My foot is slipping," your love, O Lord, supported me. When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul. Psa 94:18-19

I will post this in case there are those who would like to take advantage of an opportunity to be prayed for by fellow WTMers who have a heart to intercede on your behalf during these trying times. Please post in this thread if you either 1) would like to serve as an intercessor and/or 2) have a special need related to these trying economic times that you would like to have us pray for.

Sharon

P.S. I will treat this much like the Homes for Sale thread I've managed the past 9 months. By posting to this thread you will receive automatic followups. As updates are provided on individual needs, I will update the list accordingly thus keeping the thread alive and those participating informed regarding new or changing needs and, most importantly, praise reports!

Praying the prayer that never fails: May God's kingdom purposes be established in each one of your lives on earth as it stands in heaven! Amen.

Stacia - dh laid off last week (second time in past 7 years) but offered a lowerpaying job with drastically reduced income

TCoppock - dh is unable to continue in the construction industry due to health issues - needs divine direction as to what to do instead; poster needs strength/patience to weather the storm

Brenda in FL - dh laid off mid Jan ('09); pray for strengthened spirits during job search and wisdom to know how to be frugal

RoughCollie - dh is self employed and family is currently operating under 1/3 of regular income which is insufficient to cover basic household needs (mortgage, health insurance, office rent); health insurance is most immediately threatened

Amy in WT - dh, minister of music, has been without a full time job for 1.5 year; currently preparing to sell home but without real sense of what they're to do/where they're to go; health insurance is threatened; pray for healing from past hurts inflicted by previous church, financial/job needs, and divine direction

ereks mom - dh is self employed - business suffering from existing economic conditions; no health insurance; two aged vehicles (+12 yo/high mileage)

Nancy in NH - dh is working two jobs totaling long hours and equalling exhaustion; both children have had major cardiac surgery among others and one child still needs another major surgery; Major medical expenses even after insurance; house in disrepair with no time or money to contend with it; concerns are health of child needing more surgery, financial, physical strength, mental/spiritual peace

Liz CA - need divine direction to know whether or not to hang tough in current position or seek different employment

Sparkle - dh's job is furloughed one day/month (better than originally expected) meaning a 5% paycut. Pray things don't get worse but resume to baseline soon.

Drama Queen

Dooley - DH is a freelance video engineer with next to no work since December; living off small savings but with their eyes on Jesus to meet their needs.

SnowWhite - dh needs a new job by the end of May when his current job (just reduced to max 10hr/week) expires

MotherMayI - newly purchased business (Nov, 08) is slow; family is currently living off of savings; pray for increased business/sales

Punkinelly - dh faces a 6% cut in pay which will be difficult in the face of an already tight budget

K-FL - dh's business is suffering, debt is mounting; house is up for short sale for 1/2 of mortgaged amount; praise is the family is being allowed by the mortgage company to reside there for now to avoid vacancy of the dwelling; one child ready for college but needs financing

BalanceSeeker - dh's business (architect) has halted; mom/nurse trying to make up the difference in hours at her work; Consequently, mental/physical exhaustion is taking a toll on family dynamics. Need either increase in business or new job for dh

Scripture that quickens in my spirit as I ponder these needs - let's agree on them together (and do share any others that come to your mind!) for "the Word of God is mighty and powerful to the pulling down of strongholds"! (This list will grow with time as the Lord lays verses on our hearts.....)

"Do not worry about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. And the peace of God which surpasses knowledge will guard your heart and mind through Christ Jesus."

"May you be richly rewarded by the Lord, the God of Israel, under whose wings you have come to take refuge." Ruth 2:12

"I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord." Psalm 27:13-14

Hope - "Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess for God who promises is faithful!"; "I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you; plans to give you hope and a future; you will find me when you seek me with all of your heart and I will be found by you, declares the Lord." "I put my trust in the Lord, in His word do I hope." "But, as for me, I will always have hope - I will trust you more and more."

"I have set the Lord always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken." Psalm 16:8

"Let the beloved of the Lord rest secure in him, for he shields him all day long, and the one the Lord loves rests between his shoulders." Deut 33:12

For those needing direction: "I will guide you and direct you, I will counsel you and watch over you, I will instruct you and show you the way that you're to go." "Whether you turn to the right or the left you will hear a still small voice behind you saying, 'this is the way. walk ye in it'." Finally, "My sheep know my voice. The voice of another they will not follow."

Needs: "For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless."

Praise: "Now to Him who is able to do immeasureably more than anything that we can ask or imagine, to Him be the glory and the praise!"

(BTW - use biblegateway.com to find the references if desired; for time's sake I've not looked them up. :-)

Edited by Sharon in SC

Thanks for doing this, Sharon!

My dh in in business for himself (architect) and things have crawled to a screeching halt. I am a nurse and am working more & more to cover costs. I am exhausted with all I have on my plate. We aren't doing so well marriage-wise because of the daily pressure, no money to do fun things, etc. The joy is lost in our home (this has been going on for a year so far). Would appreciate prayers for dh to find business and/or a new job that will provide enough so that I don't "have" to work for our livelihood.

Thanks so much,

Christa

:grouphug:

Thanks for doing this, Sharon!

My dh in in business for himself (architect) and things have crawled to a screeching halt. I am a nurse and am working more & more to cover costs. I am exhausted with all I have on my plate. We aren't doing so well marriage-wise because of the daily pressure, no money to do fun things, etc. The joy is lost in our home (this has been going on for a year so far). Would appreciate prayers for dh to find business and/or a new job that will provide enough so that I don't "have" to work for our livelihood.

Thanks so much,

Christa

:grouphug: Christa, I am also a nurse and I can only imagine the burden of the stress you describe. You are on the list. May God's Kingdom purposes be established in your lives TODAY!

• 2 weeks later...

I would so appreciate any prayers for my family. My dh was notified on Easter Sunday afternoon that he was laid off. (I posted a vent about the timing b/c I was just shocked that any Christian would find that to be the best timing.) Anyway, I am just so lost and overwhelmed. I know I am of no help to my family this way, just going through the motions of mothering and being a helper to my dh. Prayers for my dh and his employment situation and my holding it together would be greatly appreciated.

I could write on and on about this situation, but ultimately I am just venting and no good can come of it. We have accepted this situation but I just see hopelessness. Dh is a completely different person and is a door closed/ window open kind of guy. No wonder God gave him to me. But, I cannot get past hopelessness at this point. Dh was laid off before and it turned out to be the biggest blessing but I cannot wrap my head around this situation.

Thank you!

I am ready to add my family to the list.

Five months ago Dh's company handed out a 20% paycut. We have cut everywhere we can and have been slowly bleeding our savings dry. On Saturday (the day before Easter) Dh received an e-mail letting him know that everyone is getting cut to 2 days a week. Everytime I try to "run the numbers" and try to make everything fit, it just doesn't work. It hasn't been long, but Dh is feeling the same anxiety that I am; with the additional pressure of feeling like he is not "providing" for our family.

I know that I am to have a spirit of faith, not fear, but I am struggling.

I would ask for your prayers in particular for my dear husband and that I will find the emotional reserves & know how to comfort him.

Thank you

Amber in SJ

"Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the Lord will bring you today." Exodus 14:13

Sharon

Sparkle - dh's job is furloughed two days/month meaning a 10% paycut. Pray things don't get worse but resume to baseline soon; Praise: debit consolidated/refinanced to much lower rate representing significant monthly savings

Drama Queen - Unemployment is gone with no further eligibility; no job offers despite concerted efforts to find one for dh; little money, lots of bills, and no income; 10 hr/week job begins next week for Drama Queen

BalanceSeeker - dh's business (architect) has halted; mom/nurse trying to make up the difference in hours at her work; Consequently, mental/physical exhaustion is taking a toll on family dynamics. Need either increase in business or new job for dh

Amber in SJ - family has tried to operate with a 20% cut in pay for the last 5 mos. Recently, job was cut further to 2 days/week. In the natural, they can't make it on that income. Anxiety is high. They need financial and emotional strength.

Kimberly in IN - dh was notified on Easter Sunday afternoon that he was laid off. Family is overwhelmed. Prayers for my dh and his employment situation and my holding it together would be greatly appreciated.

Mamalynx - dh laid off at the end of January for second time in 18 months; resources are thin; must find work very soon

Edited by Sharon in SC

I hate seeing , so my name there with no details I'll give some...

Unemployment is gone and we didn't know until it ran out that we would not be eligible for anymore. We thought we had at least another 16 weeks. So, now we have $0 income.

Dh has applied just about everywhere locally and so far no offers. He thought he was going to get a job at one place (he was "networking"), but the manager said that corporate wasn't letting him hire anyone else until business picked up. He did say that he was forwarding dh's info along to some other managers, at least one of whom was hiring at one point.

I have a job interview on Monday, but I don't know how I can work and homeschool. I've done it off and on for the last few years, but the results haven't been good. Dh wants to homeschool, I just don't know if he can. He also is tired of being "Mr. Mom" and wants to be out working, not doing laundry, feeding babies, and cooking all the time.

We have little money, lots of bills, and no income. On the bright side, I start working for my mother again next week, but that is only about 10 hours per week.

(((Drama Queen))), sorry things are so bad right now. I will continue to pray for you and for everyone else on the list.

We have had kind of mixed luck - dh is still being furloughed 2 days a month, meaning a 10% pay cut - we are waiting for it to go to one day a month, but it still hasn't happened. On the plus side, we were able to consolidate and refinance our debt into a much lower rate, so that will save us a chunk of money each month.

Remembering you all in my prayers :grouphug:

I am never sure how my post in threads like these will be taken, as I am not a Christian. However, I do believe in the power of prayer.

So if you feel moved, please consider my family. My husband was laid off at the end of January. This is the second time in 18 months that we've been laid off, so as you can imagine, resources are thin. We have managed so far, but we must find work very soon.

It's disheartening to see this list as long as it is. I will hold you all in my thoughts, and in my own prayers.

I am never sure how my post in threads like these will be taken, as I am not a Christian. However, I do believe in the power of prayer.

So if you feel moved, please consider my family. My husband was laid off at the end of January. This is the second time in 18 months that we've been laid off, so as you can imagine, resources are thin. We have managed so far, but we must find work very soon.

It's disheartening to see this list as long as it is. I will hold you all in my thoughts, and in my own prayers.

:grouphug: Your need has been added to the list. You will be in our prayers!

(((Drama Queen))), sorry things are so bad right now. I will continue to pray for you and for everyone else on the list.

We have had kind of mixed luck - dh is still being furloughed 2 days a month, meaning a 10% pay cut - we are waiting for it to go to one day a month, but it still hasn't happened. On the plus side, we were able to consolidate and refinance our debt into a much lower rate, so that will save us a chunk of money each month.

Remembering you all in my prayers :grouphug:

I'm thankful for your refinancing. Thanks for the update. Your family remains in our prayers!

I hate seeing , so my name there with no details I'll give some...

Unemployment is gone and we didn't know until it ran out that we would not be eligible for anymore. We thought we had at least another 16 weeks. So, now we have $0 income.

Dh has applied just about everywhere locally and so far no offers. He thought he was going to get a job at one place (he was "networking"), but the manager said that corporate wasn't letting him hire anyone else until business picked up. He did say that he was forwarding dh's info along to some other managers, at least one of whom was hiring at one point.

I have a job interview on Monday, but I don't know how I can work and homeschool. I've done it off and on for the last few years, but the results haven't been good. Dh wants to homeschool, I just don't know if he can. He also is tired of being "Mr. Mom" and wants to be out working, not doing laundry, feeding babies, and cooking all the time.

We have little money, lots of bills, and no income. On the bright side, I start working for my mother again next week, but that is only about 10 hours per week.

(((Drama Queen))) We can be confident God hears your heartcry, He cares, and I believe with every fiber of my being that He is actively at work on your behalf to lead you out of this wilderness. Unfortunately, we can only see the underside of that proverbial tapestry. May His strength, grace, and comfort be yours TODAY!

"Before my people call I will answer; while they are still speaking I will hear, " says the Lord Isa 65:24

If at all possible, I'd also like to be added to the list. My husband went from working 6-7 days to working 3-4 days since October. He's a truck driver and while you see all these signs looking for road drivers, these companies are going out of business. His company is solid, but they are spreading the hours amongst the men and have laid everyone else off.

I was on medical leave for two months, but things are slow where I am at too. I'm working between 4-8 hours a week. That pays for 1-2 of my 6 prescriptions. We have 2 medically fragile children plus me, which means a ton of medical debt and barely any income for the past 7 months.

We tucked away our tax refund, thinking it would hold us through the rough spot, but it's gone already. Just with living expenses.

So we are hanging onto God's Word, but yet finding ourselves still anxious as we ought not be. Wondering when it will change, how?

Thank you in advance.

UGH We need some prayer too! Hubby is in car sales. We are down well over 2/3 pay from a year ago with little hope of even hitting poverty level this year if things continue to slide downhill. But our bills just seem to skyrocket. We were very very comfortable a year ago with a great income/debt ratio with almost no extra debt. Now, I don't know how we are going to climb out of this hole. Jobs are scarce and unheard of here anymore it seems. Or a job for me that won't devour my check in gas and daycare. (plus 3 kids that have never been in daycare or school and may have to accept that reality)

Hubby still has a job, still working hard, but customers can't get credit/loans, and thus can't buy cars. We get paid when the car gets sold. I don't know how the bills due next week are going to get paid and the bills next month are just. out. of reach. I'm not even sure what to pray for. More income?, restoration of pay?, new job?....We just don't know what to do or where to turn. The bank won't even give us the time of day due to his job. We're too big a risk! What a blow that is!! Never been in that position ever. SIGH! Sorry it's so long but I needed a small vent. Keeping a stiff upper lip is harder some days than others. And hubby doesn't need anymore stress. I'll add the list to my prayer list tomorrow. Maybe just praying for everyone else's issues will be uplifting to me!:o

"Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the Lord will bring you today." Exodus 14:13

Sparkle - dh's job is furloughed two days/month meaning a 10% paycut. Pray things don't get worse but resume to baseline soon; Praise: debit consolidated/refinanced to much lower rate representing significant monthly savings

Drama Queen - Unemployment is gone with no further eligibility; no job offers despite concerted efforts to find one for dh; little money, lots of bills, and no income; 10 hr/week job begins next week for Drama Queen

Amber in SJ - family has tried to operate with a 20% cut in pay for the last 5 mos. Recently, job was cut further to 2 days/week. In the natural, they can't make it on that income. Anxiety is high. They need financial and emotional strength.

Kimberly in IN - dh was notified on Easter Sunday afternoon that he was laid off. Family is overwhelmed. Prayers for my dh and his employment situation and my holding it together would be greatly appreciated.

Mamalynx - dh laid off at the end of January for second time in 18 months; resources are thin; must find work very soon

Servin - dh is in car sales, down well over 2/3 pay from a year ago with dismal projections given current rend; bills increasing exponentially. Need direction (stay in currentjob or look for new one)

UGH We need some prayer too! Hubby is in car sales. We are down well over 2/3 pay from a year ago with little hope of even hitting poverty level this year if things continue to slide downhill. But our bills just seem to skyrocket. We were very very comfortable a year ago with a great income/debt ratio with almost no extra debt. Now, I don't know how we are going to climb out of this hole. Jobs are scarce and unheard of here anymore it seems. Or a job for me that won't devour my check in gas and daycare. (plus 3 kids that have never been in daycare or school and may have to accept that reality)

Hubby still has a job, still working hard, but customers can't get credit/loans, and thus can't buy cars. We get paid when the car gets sold. I don't know how the bills due next week are going to get paid and the bills next month are just. out. of reach. I'm not even sure what to pray for. More income?, restoration of pay?, new job?....We just don't know what to do or where to turn. The bank won't even give us the time of day due to his job. We're too big a risk! What a blow that is!! Never been in that position ever. SIGH! Sorry it's so long but I needed a small vent. Keeping a stiff upper lip is harder some days than others. And hubby doesn't need anymore stress. I'll add the list to my prayer list tomorrow. Maybe just praying for everyone else's issues will be uplifting to me!:o

:grouphug: I am so sorry to hear of your plight. Praying the prayer that never fails!!!!

Hello,

Okay I'm asking for prayer for several things all connected.

I pray that my children will continue to be humble and turn to all good things during the tough times.

We are self employed and business is down. We have lost our home back in the fall but I'm at peace with that. We are renting a big house that fits our large family and two businesses. This saves us money but it seems it's still not enough. We are having problems paying for everything.

We have no insurance and at this point that is a luxury that we need. I pray to get out of the holes we have been put in. God place people in our path for strength and help.

I want prayer for my son in PS to get resolution for his violated IEP. It's a mess and the things we are asking for are small but being ignored.

I want to say that we all need to band together in prayer and lift eachother up.

I pray that I can be a mouth piece for you and share comfort, love and peace.

Edited by my4boysmom

Count me in.:grouphug:

Dh's hours have been cut at work. Groceries and money run out between paydays. So far, we have been able to pay the bills, but a couple of times, things have been put off until next payday. Then the cycle continues and we are more in the hole next time.

Dh's old truck is having issues. Now I went out to my car this morning to go do a couple of errands and it won't start.:glare: Please pray that it is just something simple like the battery. There is NO money for a costly repair.

I am praying now for the needs of all of you.

Sharon

Drama Queen - PRAISE - dh has a job! Family will relocate to FL; finances remain an issue but we are encouraged

Servin - dh is in car sales, down well over 2/3 pay from a year ago with dismal projections given current rend; bills increasing exponentially. Need direction (stay in currentjob or look for new one)

Sunflowerlady - Dh's hours cut at work. Groceries and money run out between paydays. So far, we have been able to pay the bills, but a couple of times, things have been put off until next payday. Then the cycle continues and we are more in the hole next time. Vehicles have been unreliable

My4boysmom - prayer request for children's character to be strengthened through the trial; self employed/business is down. While home was lost back in fall, now renting a big house that suits large family and two businesses well; trouble paying all bills; need insurance. Prayer for son in PS to get resolution for his violated IEP. It's a mess and the things we are asking for are small but being ignored.

ClassicMom - dh's job (truck driver) cut to 3-4 days in Oct; 2 medically fragile children plus me, which means a ton of medical debt and barely any income for the past 7 months; any financial reserve has been exhausted; need emotional/spiritual strength as well as improved finances

Edited by Sharon in SC

Hello,

Okay I'm asking for prayer for several things all connected.

I pray that my children will continue to be humble and turn to all good things during the tough times.

We are self employed and business is down. We have lost our home back in the fall but I'm at peace with that. We are renting a big house that fits our large family and two businesses. This saves us money but it seems it's still not enough. We are having problems paying for everything.

We have no insurance and at this point that is a luxury that we need. I pray to get out of the holes we have been put in. God place people in our path for strength and help.

I want prayer for my son in PS to get resolution for his violated IEP. It's a mess and the things we are asking for are small but being ignored.

I want to say that we all need to band together in prayer and lift eachother up.

I pray that I can be a mouth piece for you and share comfort, love and peace.

May the Lord bless you and keep you!

Count me in.:grouphug:

Dh's hours have been cut at work. Groceries and money run out between paydays. So far, we have been able to pay the bills, but a couple of times, things have been put off until next payday. Then the cycle continues and we are more in the hole next time.

Dh's old truck is having issues. Now I went out to my car this morning to go do a couple of errands and it won't start.:glare: Please pray that it is just something simple like the battery. There is NO money for a costly repair.

I am praying now for the needs of all of you.

You're on the list. Is your car fixed?

If at all possible, I'd also like to be added to the list. My husband went from working 6-7 days to working 3-4 days since October. He's a truck driver and while you see all these signs looking for road drivers, these companies are going out of business. His company is solid, but they are spreading the hours amongst the men and have laid everyone else off.

I was on medical leave for two months, but things are slow where I am at too. I'm working between 4-8 hours a week. That pays for 1-2 of my 6 prescriptions. We have 2 medically fragile children plus me, which means a ton of medical debt and barely any income for the past 7 months.

We tucked away our tax refund, thinking it would hold us through the rough spot, but it's gone already. Just with living expenses.

So we are hanging onto God's Word, but yet finding ourselves still anxious as we ought not be. Wondering when it will change, how?

Thank you in advance.

:grouphug: ClassicMom :grouphug: I am so sorry. Somehow this post slipped through the proverbial cracks. You have just been added to today's list!

Praying God's Kingdom purposes are established in your lives today, tomorrow, and in the days/weeks to come!