Menu

The FDA .....always looking out for us.

Can you believe that the HUMAN studies on Splenda (sucralose) lasted just days.

And the animal studies showed awful reactions.

"The approval was given after the FDA supposedly reviewed more than 110 animal and human safety studies, but as you'll soon find out, out of these 110 studies, only two were human studies, and the longest one was conducted for four days!"

whole article here:

http://articles.mercola.c...tial-Harmful-Effects.aspx

And really, if you eat or drink this stuff - read it all the way to the end.

If you're doing it to lose weight - it will make you fatter.

AND DO NOT LET YOUR KIDS EAT IT....it shrinks the thymus glad. Think T-cells. Low T-cell count indicates what......?

Your link didn't work for me, but I am extremely suspicious of any fake sugar and never use them. They also have a horrible aftertaste!

LOL. I think I feel the same way about Mercola....very suspicious and that bad aftertaste? Yeah...

Ria

the link didn't work for me, but I did use splenda for a while because it was given to me free, I lived near the Splenda plant.

I have some in my home, that we only use when my diabetic relatives come and stay.(they use splenda)

It has a awful taste, I would rather just drink water than something with that stuff in it

I really enjoy Whey-Low when I want to cut sugar in recipes. It is a blend of sugars, but the way your body utilizes it eliminates the blood sugar spike somehow. You really cannot tell at all in recipes.

www.wheylow.com

I also like xylitol, but it causes everyone in my house to have gas (it is supposed to kill off candida).:eek:

Outside of that I stick to the honey I buy from a friend.

Yes, I would love ideas as well. Not sugar, not splenda, no equal, and the stevia I have leaves a yucky aftertaste. Any other ideas to go with the cream??

Honey? Agave nectar? If none of the natural sweeteners work for you, then either adapt your tastes to unsweetened coffee, or just go without.

I've never trusted artificial sweeteners. Our motto is "Real Food for Real People." When dd was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes the hospital food service delivered artificial sweetener packets with her meals :( Our nutrition educator was surprised that we didn't need to be taught how to budget our twinkies and fast food. I told them it was better not to ever develop a sweet tooth. We can use a teaspoon of real sugar or a little Stevia in tea or hot chocolate and we are content. They were pleasantly surprised.

Uh... so what should I put in my coffee? :001_huh: No, seriously.

Try it every day for a week, no sweetener (real or fake). Before you know it, you will be used to it that way. Really get the cream, because it's a lot more palatable at first than just dropping your sweetener and using regular milk. I now take my coffee with just 1 or 2% milk, but I used to be a real cream-n-sugar girl!