Menu

I'm going to the oncologist on Thursday afternoon to get the test results from

last week's visit. He took lots of blood and ordered a PET scan. Please pray for us as go to hear what the results are. I'm a little nervous, but trusting God knows what is best and has ordered my steps. I'll post an update as soon as I can.

Thanks for praying!

Molly

OK, here's the update. The PET scan shows I have a 2 in x 2 in lung cancer. I've never smoked, but lived with two smoking parents. The cancer drained into my spine and began eating my bones. This has happened since October 19 until January 15. We can see the changes on the xrays. The previous two times I threw my back out in early summer, my spine was perfect and that was also in a location higher up in my mid back. So, the time I fell off the steps, the bones had weakened in my lower spine. As my primary care doctor said, "I believe God orchestrated that fall so that you could move on to the next doctor who could get you a diagnosis as to why you're still having nerve pain." It is truly amazing to look back and see how God has worked it all out. So, the recommedation is to begin radiation next Monday for two weeks on my lower spine that is being eaten up by the cancer. They will also do a CT scan next week using a needle bioposy to get a piece of the lung cancer, so we'll know what kind we're dealing with. The dr. can figure out what chemotherapy he will use and that will start sometime in the next few weeks.

We were surprised it was lung cancer since I've never smoked, but we are so grateful that it is small and caught early on. We're also very thankful that it was not one of the really bad cancers (of course, this one is bad enough, but I mean brain tumor or you're eat up with cancer type of outcome), that allow you a short time to live and that we were given an optimistic outcome. It could've been SO much worse!

God has a plan for all of this and of course, I'd never have chosen this path, but we have full assurance that He knows what He is doing. Our lives are His completely and we will rest in His arms as He travels with us in this journey.

We covet your prayers as I begin radiation and chemotherapy in the next few weeks.

Trusting in Him,

Molly

Edited by MJN

God has a plan for all of this and of course, I'd never have chosen this path, but we have full assurance that He knows what He is doing. Our lives are His completely and we will rest in His arms as He travels with us in this journey.

We covet your prayers as I begin radiation and chemotherapy in the next few weeks.

Trusting in Him,

Molly

Molly, you can take steps to make the radiation and chemo a little more tolerable. There are foods and vitamins that will support your body during the onslaught of treatment and will strengthen your immune system. You can come out on the other side in better health!

Best wishes and our prayers are with you!

I am just amazed at how very strong you are in dealing with this . I will keep your family and your physicians in my prayers. Early diagnosis is crucial and attitude comes next. You have both on your side. I am sorry you are having to face this . Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers daily.

Molly,

I'm so glad that you got a good prognosis from the doctor! Do make sure you have lots of support as you go through radiation and chemo, as you'll need extra rest and help. Keep us updated.

Wendi

P.S. Scary to hear this, as my parents smoked heavily while I was growing up, and dh's parents, too.