Menu

Don't know about you, but this Jersey girl can't wait for the Boss!

LOVED it!!!!

But, but, but . . . where was Born in the USA??????

Like he said, he had to squeeze 3 hours of energy into 12 minutes :glare:

Have you ever seen him live??? he does what you just saw for 3-4 HOURS!!!!!! It's amazing....you leave completely exhausted, trust me :D

LOVED it!!

Have you ever seen him live??? he does what you just saw for 3-4 HOURS!!!!!! It's amazing....you leave completely exhausted, trust me :D

LOVED it!!

And everyone in his band knows how to play REAL INSTRUMENTS! Not that synthesized carp that somehow qualifies as pop music these days.

I saw him live in 1983, I'm telling you, that man just wouldn't quit. He played FOUR HOURS STRAIGHT! His band went for a short break at the halfway mark, but he never left the stage, just sat down with his acoustic guitar and sang a few ballads. Amazing. It set a benchmark for concert performances in my mind that no other performer has been able to surpass.

And tonight he played the *good* stuff! Too bad there was no time for Thunder Road, but 12 quality minutes is waaaaay better than an hour's worth of wardrobe malfunctions!!!

He was amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, I loved it. I hope Bruce picked up some new fans tonight. How can you not love that guy?!

And now you are about to hear the strangest remark ever come out of my mouth, er keyboard ... My grandmother kind of looks like The Boss. I'm not drunk, seriously. They have the same nose. Ok, back to your regularly scheduled thread. lol

dh just told me that when he, dh, was at Rudgers College in the mid '70's that Bruce gave a concert there and the audiotorium was not anywhere near filled. Friend of dh's tried to talk him into going but dh said no. Friend came back after the concert raving about it, dh regrets not going.

At Christmas time I embarrassed dd while at the pharmacy singing Santa Claus is Coming to Town in my best Bruce voice and I always break into Born in the USA, drives dd crazy (she is 14 so now sometimes gets embarrassed by her crazy mom).

dh just told me that when he, dh, was at Rudgers College in the mid '70's that Bruce gave a concert there and the audiotorium was not anywhere near filled.

For many years fans of Bruce were ridiculed, even in NJ.

BEST halftime show EVER!!!!

I never would have guessed he'd start with 10th Avenue Freezeout.

I know, loved it!

Hate his politics.....LOVE him!!!!!! Been a fan since '73.

Please, I'm eating crow this morning, after Kerry Bruce was dead to me, but I can't help it - I still love him.

And everyone in his band knows how to play REAL INSTRUMENTS! Not that synthesized carp that somehow qualifies as pop music these days.

One of the horn players is a friend of mine from years back. He is an outstanding musician - one of the most talented guys I've ever met. It was such a thrill to see him out there doing his thing!

One of the horn players is a friend of mine from years back. He is an outstanding musician - one of the most talented guys I've ever met. It was such a thrill to see him out there doing his thing!

Who is it? I used to live at the Stone Pony (practically :D) and loved La Bamba and the Hubcaps.