Menu

What in the world has been going on here?

First let me say that I am glad I have been out of the loop. I cannot believe all of the deleted post/threads and closed threads these last few days. :001_huh:

Can we please play nice now ladies?? I mean I'm trying to have a nervous breakdown over here and I have no one to help me with it... :lol:

But seriously yall, what is up with all this??

lay low that day. I have just noticed that there have been people banned that I never thought would be banned, and people who I've never seen post ugly things having their threads removed. I figured there was something in the water. :tongue_smilie:

I do wish things were just simpler here; that every thread didn't have to turn into something. I hate that SWB has to babysit us so much! It doesn't seem like grown women should have these issues.

I know it's not always the OP's fault. I was just surprised at some of the banned people right now. Anyway, I don't want to stir up anything here - just wondering what had happened.

How can you tell who is banned?

Ria

Glad I missed it all from start to finish! I always figure there's got to be another website with another thread for exactly those type of discussions!

When someone tries to hijack a homeschool site's boards with their own political agenda, I typically grind my teeth and stay away for a few days...

Just by viewing the posts in a thread and under their name it will say "banned" instead of their hive label. Of the 4 that I saw, 3 are back already and posting away (their original hive label restored). Other than that, I don't think you can tell.

I do wish things were just simpler here; that every thread didn't have to turn into something. I hate that SWB has to babysit us so much! It doesn't seem like grown women should have these issues.

well, SWB doesn't HAVE to 'babysit' us-- she CHOOSES to. It's her board, her call.

Reasonable adults have been disagreeing and debating and arguing over political philosophies for centuries. Being grown women doesn't mean we have to check our brains at the door ;)

It's often not the OP's fault when a thread is removed. All it takes is one or two subsequent posters who decide to use an innocent thread as their political soapbox.

Ria

actually, the mods have been pretty good at deleting individual posts w/in a thread. You can find several threads w/ LOTS of posts deleted w/in it.

It's up to the mods to determine when a thread is "innocent' by their subjective definitions or not ;)

Just by viewing the posts in a thread and under their name it will say "banned" instead of their hive label. Of the 4 that I saw, 3 are back already and posting away (their original hive label restored). Other than that, I don't think you can tell.

yeah.... i only ended up seeing 2 that were banned. I don't think there's a banned list anywhere....:lol:

and there's different levels of bans for different offenses.

Ria

Well, yesterday my friends list was a virtual who's who of the banned comrades. Under their name (where ever it appeared: thread, friends list, membership list), it says banned instead of their rank (ie. Queen Bee or whatever). I also was absolutely amazed at some of the people who were banned. And I honestly have to admit that I was quite surprised that Peek wasn't one of them. I assume that she was MIA yesterday. I do believe that people are given notice before being banned and I think that the first banning is ony 24 hours, hence some people are already back. I think the second banning is a week and then maybe six months (?) before they are banned permanently. SWB has posted about this before but I can't find it right now. I do know that until yesterday it was fairly rare and that only a few people have been banned forever (only three that I can think of off the top of my head).

I also was absolutely amazed at some of the people who were banned. And I honestly have to admit that I was quite surprised that Peek wasn't one of them. I assume that she was MIA yesterday.

no, i was there. like a moth to the flame. :lol:

but I'm kinda surprised too -- i guess I was more subtle than i intended to be....?? ;)