Menu

Soon to be published Apologia Elementary science Journals?

LNC

Is anyone interested in these? I read about them on the Yahoo group. The Astronomy sample is linked below. The author said they will be $25-$30 each. They will be spiral bound, so I would buy 1 per child. Pricey - bc I want to use all of her books: Astronomy, Botony, 3 Zoology, and the new Anatomy over the next 2 1/2 years.

What do you Apologia Elementary science users think? Journals or regular old notebooks?

https://backup.filesanywhere.com/fs/v.aspx?v=8d6a678f5a64a47da79c

Edited by LNC

I am just getting ready to begin this series with my children (well, DS. DD is 5 and will tag along in it) and I wish it were available NOW. I think this is a great way to begin the series, but after a book or two, then I would be more likely to forego it and just do the plain old notebooks. I does look like a simple start for mom though.

Do you know if these are going to be available for sale directly from Apologia? I would love these for my little one. I simple don't have the time to be as creative as I would like. Something like this would make it so much easier for me, that alone is worth the $$$!!!!

Lynda

They will all be available by this summer - first will be Astronomy in the spring. Then the rest will come out.

She said Apologia will have them first, but then any store that sells the books will sell the journals.

I'm still not decided. Her website had the free notebook pages that look good too! I'll print them all out asap in case they stop offering the free pages, with the journals coming out.

http://www.jeanniefulbright.com/notebookpages.html

HTH!

We used the Astronomy book last year. We printed the notebooking pages but ds didn't like doing them. I can see how a journal would truly enrich the program. However at 25.00 a book that would put it out of the range of what I'd be willing to pay for a journal-type book.

We used the Astronomy book last year. We printed the notebooking pages but ds didn't like doing them. I can see how a journal would truly enrich the program. However at 25.00 a book that would put it out of the range of what I'd be willing to pay for a journal-type book.

:iagree:

I printed out the free notebooking pages for dd and we do use them from time to time. She would just as soon use a plain sheet of loose-leaf and glue her illustration on after. I thought she would love having the fancy pre-printed pages. Knowing this, I wouldn't pay $25 for the journal pages, even though they do look very nice.

Dd works on her notebook each time we do science and at the end of each week we work on our Astronomy lapbook. This is working well for us so far. I'd rather save the $25 for the journal pages and buy a nice experiment kit to complement our studies.

I had the notebook pages that are available on the Yahoo group files section printed and bound for very little $$. Knowing how little my kids used them, I wouldn't spend that money again. They would definitely not have used this journal. We do almost everything outloud because of my oldest's writing issues (she's "allergic" to pencils). That said, I love our SOTW Activity book with its coloring pages and map work.

I am excited about them, with 3 kids doing each book at the same time, it is nice for them to each have their own journal shwing wha they learned, and it is less work for me to have them preassembled like that. WHere as right now I have to print off 3 of each notebook page and put it all together for each child.

I did not read all the responses. We have used all the Apologia books in the series. We just started a Human Body study, I wish I had known she was coming out with one:glare:. I think it would be nice if she sold them a an e-book download. It would cost her less, and families would be able to purchase 1 e-book for the whole family:)

Edited by Pongo

We use the free pages from the astronomy yahoo group - the newspaper ones. My kids love those. We also have her free pages. Those look nice, but not that much different - I wouldn't pay that much money for them. I could sit down for a couple of weeks and design a bunch of blank templates and use them for all sorts of subjects.