Menu

More support for coffee drinkers. :) As if we needed it ....

SKL

Another proof that coffee is good for you.  They are saying 3 cups per day reduces the risk of developing "multiple cardiometabolic diseases."  (I knew coffee was associated with longevity and lower risk of certain diseases, but I always like seeing more confirmation.)

Disclaimer:  I do not know how respected this source is by scientifically minded people.

https://www.eurekalert.org/news-releases/1057683

• Like 6

I know y’all don’t want to hear it but I  was a huge coffee lover and made the switch from coffee to green tea about 2 (?) years ago and feel so so much better. I drink almost a quart of green tea a day though. I would never go back to coffee even though I love the smell and flavor. It just makes me feel blah and the energy it gives is more jolting and anxiety inducing and then leaves you more tired when it hits the road. Green tea is zen.

32 minutes ago, Ann.without.an.e said:

I know y’all don’t want to hear it but I  was a huge coffee lover and made the switch from coffee to green tea about 2 (?) years ago and feel so so much better. I drink almost a quart of green tea a day though. I would never go back to coffee even though I love the smell and flavor. It just makes me feel blah and the energy it gives is more jolting and anxiety inducing and then leaves you more tired when it hits the road. Green tea is zen.

Up to 87% less joy, though! I can’t take that risk. 😉 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, MEmama said:

Up to 87% less joy, though! I can’t take that risk. 😉 

I know, I know… I used to say the same thing 🤣. I was intense, only bought a specific local coffee brand and did my own grind. If you would have told me a few years ago that I would embrace a coffee free life style then I would’ve bet big money that it was a lie. So I get it.

But really, you all are just buying into “big caffeine” and drinking the “big caffeine” kool-aid. If you would just wear this little shiny (tinfoil) hat for a second, you’d see it my way 🤣

Joking aside, I do get it but I actually have more joy now. My experience isn’t everyone’s though so it is def a risk. 

Edited by Ann.without.an.e
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, Ann.without.an.e said:

I know y’all don’t want to hear it but I  was a huge coffee lover and made the switch from coffee to green tea about 2 (?) years ago and feel so so much better.

Green tea is too much of a laxative for me unless I dilute it down. It is good if you are eating oily or fried food though as it “wash out” the oil.