Menu

Wedding guest attire question — help, please

Spryte

Posted (edited)

Still haven’t decided, wedding is this weekend. Ugh.

Wedding is at an old, country inn. Cocktail attire. 4:00 ceremony, reception after.

I have a few options, none perfect. I would prefer to wear this one with a black lightweight cropped cardi/shrug: image.thumb.jpeg.0239c851f80e44e04f90722830e7f3fb.jpeg

But is the black base and black shrug too dark? I could go grab a white one, those are in stock locally, but I’m meh on white to a wedding.

My other options feel less appropriate: a soft surroundings pastel blue and white dress that I adore and feel great in — but it’s cotton, a bit longer. Think perfect for a walk on the beach, but could be stretch for cocktail attire.  I would wear a blue shrug to dress it up, and not take that off. It would be perfect for day time but I’m iffy on evening. I can’t seem to link it, but similar: image.jpeg.4fb5bd68d6a9f47baeb1ba68ec941c69.jpeg

The black version of that outfit worked well at a funeral recently, so it’s dressy but I’m not sure if it hits cocktail attire. I can try to find a link.

Also, a pastel blue knit wrap dress from soft surroundings. Iffy on that one for evening, too: image.thumb.jpeg.9ad525dea206bf5ebdeb0e76a74ebaed.jpeg

Help a girl out?

Edited by Spryte

• Spryte changed the title to Wedding guest attire question — help, please

I think the first one is perfect. 
We just attended a wedding and so many people work black, none look like funeral attire. 
I think some of the rules about what to wear are going away, just show up looking decent and you are good. (Ie: No cropped tank tops showing your stomach at a funeral and no ball cap during a wedding, both of which I have seen recently.) 

• Like 2