Menu

Tackling Sunday Together, 4.14.24

mom31257

Posted (edited)

I have a full day ahead. I hope you all can enjoy what is left of the weekend!

• shower and get dressed
  • leftovers for breakfast
  • church (class dh and I are leading and work in the 5-year-old room during the second service)
  • lunch (not sure what yet)
  • work on lesson plans for this week
  • arts council meeting
  • women's event at church
  • tidy kitchen/house
  • watch something and relax
Edited by mom31257
  • Like 6

It's supposed to be gorgeous out today so we will do a few outside spring tasks like move the boat out to the driveway and uncover the trees. 

Have to go pick up some dirt and water softener salt. 

And then it's been a busy weekend so today we will have to do regular weekend cleaning...bathrooms, stairs, etc. 

Should probably plan out a menu for the week at some point too. 

• Like 7

A full day here, too!

• clean out the fridge/bread cupboard
  • tidy the house
  • strip the beds
  • go to the dump
  • stop by the grocery store for lunch/snacks
  • sweep
  • double check the "last minute" part of the packing list (toiletries, meds, chargers, sunglasses)
  • lower the heat
  • pack the car
  • FLY
  • find the bus
  • late "dinner" at the hotel (we have ample snacks for the plane.  Dinner may just be something small)
  • watch the water parade

• Like 7

Full day here too:

more coffee-done

church-done

wash my hair-done

pick up a few groceries-done

laundry

clean the bathrooms

clean the kitchen-done

mail and shred-done

place amazon order-done

record grades-done

put luggage away

see if I can find two more tall sunflowers at dollar general

Edited by math teacher
update
  • Like 4

Have fun, @HomeAgain!! 

My day today:

...coffee
...make sure everything is all set for classes tomorrow (do I need to cut anything? etc.)
...go to the nursery w/DH, buy a bouganvilla the right color
...iron the fabrics for the applique figures
...get the main character transferred to the fabric
....get at least one more character transferred to the fabric (but as many as possible)
...check the size of things to see if I need to order more of one color that I got wrong when picking fabric (if so, order it)
....figure out a plan for dinner???
....check on Grandma, see if she talked to Dad - she is going out of town w/a friend, and Dad was likely going to be annoyed by it
....if Dad is annoyed, talk to him today to talk him down
....check on the fencing non-tournament yesterday -- the one website, they listed the results as "fencer withdrew" -- if they leave it like that, we are all out of luck and won't show as qualified; I've contacted my fencing coach who is also division chair to make sure they correct it (she's checking on it)
....after dinner, watch something and relax until bedtime

Have a good day, everyone!

• Like 4

Just now, mommyoffive said:

@HomeAgain  Safe travels.  I hope you have an awesome vacation.

@TheReader  Fingers crossed the fencing issue is resolved. 

Thanks! I'm sure it will be (and there is an appeal process if not) but it was a bit of a "ack! what on earth?!" moment this morning to see it listed like that.  My coach said probably that's just how they entered it in one website, which automatically uploads to the other website, but will NOT be how they submit the official stuff. She's checking on it and I am sure will get it fixed - it affects everyone who went yesterday, so would be a LOT of people very upset if they do it wrong (including many fencers from the host fencing club, so they should have a lot of motivation to do it properly). 

• Like 4

first figure (main character) is done aside from details, which will need to be added once the background fabric is here, and it's fused to the background (so I don't overwork the fusible)

eating, then heading to the nursery w/DH

• Like 4

• pick up meds at pharmacy
  • take a load to the local thrift store and shop for a few items
  • go to home goods/TJ Max to look for a few items
  • laundry
  • 2nd birthday dinner tonight
Edited by DawnM
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, HomeAgain said:

A full day here, too!

• clean out the fridge/bread cupboard
  • tidy the house
  • strip the beds
  • go to the dump
  • stop by the grocery store for lunch/snacks
  • sweep
  • double check the "last minute" part of the packing list (toiletries, meds, chargers, sunglasses)
  • lower the heat
  • pack the car
  • FLY
  • find the bus
  • late "dinner" at the hotel (we have ample snacks for the plane.  Dinner may just be something small)
  • watch the water parade

Have a great trip.   tell me the snacks you are taking on the plane!

• Like 3

@HomeAgain, have fun!!! I wish we could go back to Disney with the kids again soon. Life is so hectic now that they are grown. 

@TheReader, I hope they can get that resolved for you!

@DawnM, happy birthday to the birthday person (not sure who)!

We had 20 Kindergarten kids in class this morning. They were all really well-behaved, so it was a good day. 

We ended up eating at home. I made grilled cheeses since I had a new sliced non-dairy cheese to try. It was yet another disappointment. Thankfully, I got it at our grocery outlet and didn't pay much for it. It seems that Chao's original slices are the only kind I like. 

I need to do some lesson planning next. 

• Like 4

Hi guys!  Happy Sunday!

I should have posted yesterday midday.  I was on a roll.  Ha!  Then I got lazy.  Oh well, I think we should all take off one day a week (from our jobs), don't you think?  Officially or not ....

Things I was glad I did yesterday - prepared and mailed tax stuff, walked the dog in the national park, cleaned out the washer (drained etc.), had a hair wash, filed / organized / purged, a few other things.

I got frustrated in the afternoon.  My kids are supposed to take an online math placement test.  They couldn't figure out how to log in.  I don't know if it's a system problem, or if my kids are just mistyping passwords / IDs / verification codes.  I think I'm gonna make them give me their codes and passwords and let me try it.  If that doesn't work, then they are gonna have to contact the school, kuz it looks ridiculous for me to do so.

My kids are shopping for a prom dress.  Kid1 went alone last weekend and found a nice one.  Kid2 went yesterday with Kid1 and another girl, and they didn't come up with anything.  Kid2 has a shape that may be difficult to fit in a formal dress.  But they have gone to shop somewhere else today.  (You may be thinking:  why isn't SKL participating in the prom dress shopping?  Honestly, I have nothing to add, the kids are happy to go without me, and I'm happy to let them.  I generally dislike all formal dress styles that my kids find acceptable.  And they can tell, even if I don't say it out loud.  So, let them have this moment in their lives.  A month from now, it will all be in the past.

The kids' taxes.  Technically they aren't required to file, but I wanted them to have the experience.  Kid1's should be fairly easy - just 1 w-2.  Kid2 had 2 jobs, but one of them never sent the w-2.  For some reason, she's very reluctant to go talk to a manager and find out how to get her w-2.  She also didn't save one single paper containing her employee ID, so she doesn't have that.  She did some online research, which just led to more red tape.  So after a lecture, I decided that she can skip filing her taxes this year, but she has to help her sister file hers.  So that is supposed to get done today.

Other than that, I have lots of client work.  And I was really hoping to finally get caught up on the calculations for what my kids & I owe each other.  But I'm also feeling lazy, so I dunno what will get done.

Edited by SKL
  • Like 4

I did some digging on-line, and looks like the fencing thing should be fine -- another division had their qualifier the week before, and on the records-keeping website it shows "DNF (for did not fence), Name of Fencer, Qualified for Div 2, Div 3"  *but* on the event listing website (where I'd looked earlier, b/c this event was not posted on the record-keeping website), that same one shows up as "Fencer Withdrew" -- *so* it should be good, and appears to just be a difference in how the one website reports things. Whew!! 

ate lunch, had a mini-nap, grocery shopped & went to the nursery with DH, and completed one minor character for DS's quilt. Taking a mini-break and onto the next one. Two down, four to go. Whew. 

• Like 3

The kids found a prom dress.  It's way more than I would pay.  The generous, childless auntie offered to pay, with the understanding that the dress will be worn once and re-sold.

I'm not saying a word.

So that's done for now.  (Alterations may be needed when the dress comes in.)

I did a little work and a little cleaning.  Trying to get focused and do more work.  Or find a distraction.  Whichever works.  😛

• Like 4

Four down, two to go - stopping there for now. DS is pleased with the way everything is looking, so that's good. 

Going to help DH with shrimp for dinner, eat, relax, etc., and depending what all we do after dinner, finish up the last two. The background fabric is due to arrive tomorrow, which will give me all of Tuesday to work on piecing the background and start fusing the figures into place, so I'd like as much done as possible by then. 

• Like 3

The kids finished their math placement exams.  They both did well enough that there shouldn't be any question about them taking the math courses expected for their degrees.  Whew.  I wasn't sure how this would go, particularly with one of my kids.

They make it ridiculously hard to navigate to the online test.  But I guess if you can't figure out hard things, you shouldn't be going to college, right?  😛

I walked the dog.  A thunderstorm started while we were walking, so it was a relatively short one, but better than nothing.

Didn't do much client work.  May still do some before I sleep.

• Like 4