Menu

I need a hug . . .

gardenmom5

1dgs (he's 5) headbutted me into my TMJ.  It's slowly improving, but  . . .
2 days ago, he broke my watch band.  I ordered one that was supposed to be delivered today - so I could have my watch secure before I fly out tomorrow.  Tracking had it in "Wilmer, TX" at 6:23am . . . nothing changed all day.  Far SE of DFW.  dd is far west . . Then I got notice it would be delivered Saturday.  Too late, I won't be here.  I don't have the option to cancel it, so dd will have to return it when it shows up.

Then as I was dealing with the Amazon thing . . my brother calls (he will when he's driving because he's bored).  I'm still in pain and feeling dazed from being head butted.  Then he starts into the evils of childhood vaccines . . . It was obvious to me something was "off" about him when he was still an infant.  At least 2dgs (3) is one of the sweetest kids you'll ever meet.
I had to hang up.  Just not willing to deal with him right now.

• Sad 11

That is rough! I am sorry. Hugs from me.

As for grandsons, yikes, our 4 year old is just the right height at the moment to inflict all kinds of unintentional damage to adults. Mark was, let's just say, walking funny after one encounter of a run to grandpa hug.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Faith-manor said:

That is rough! I am sorry. Hugs from me.

As for grandsons, yikes, our 4 year old is just the right height at the moment to inflict all kinds of unintentional damage to adults. Mark was, let's just say, walking funny after one encounter of a run to grandpa hug.

This is intentional.  sometimes it's an expression of anger, other times it's an inappropriate way of 'asking' for us to figure out what he needs because he's not capable of figuring it out.  And then he'll get hangry because he can't be bothered to eat.

possibly the type of ADHD (there is one researcher who has posited there are seven types) that made one of dudeling's psychologists refuse to take him as a patient after she did an evaluation because he had "the (one) type" she wanted nothing to do with.

When dudeling was much younger, a family friend mentioned she had been helping a friend of hers with that woman's ADHD son for a week.  She said her profound TBI son with the mental age of an infant, physical abilities of an infant, blind, plus other disabilities, son was easier.

55 minutes ago, gardenmom5 said:

This is intentional.  sometimes it's an expression of anger, other times it's an inappropriate way of 'asking' for us to figure out what he needs because he's not capable of figuring it out.  And then he'll get hangry because he can't be bothered to eat.

possibly the type of ADHD (there is one researcher who has posited there are seven types) that made one of dudeling's psychologists refuse to take him as a patient after she did an evaluation because he had "the (one) type" she wanted nothing to do with.

When dudeling was much younger, a family friend mentioned she had been helping a friend of hers with that woman's ADHD son for a week.  She said her profound TBI son with the mental age of an infant, physical abilities of an infant, blind, plus other disabilities, son was easier.

That is so rough! I hope you are feeling better soon.

• Like 1

Kinda sad.  That was my last interaction with him before I leave today.    I avoided him last night, though he was much calmer.  Now he's off at preschool. (which has been very helpful for him.)   Still sore, but better.   (and now I have an option to cancel my amazon item, so we'll see what happens with that.  I hate that it's one more thing 2dd would have to do.)

when I was here in September, I was able to derail one of those 'assaults' the night before I left by asking him to tell me about his transformers (he was holding one in his hand). His mood changed in an instant, and he climbed up next to be and started telling me all about them. So it was a positive memory.  (then I got him up to bed and we snuggled while watching some "chocolate" videos".  We started with the chocolate velociraptor.   then he went to sleep while snuggling.)

I did go down this morning and say bye to 2dgs.  I'm so glad he's so calm.  He's built like a linebacker. (we all keep telling 1dgs he'd better be nice to his brother, as he's going to be a lot bigger than him sooner than later.)  He was oblivious and just wanted what he was doing.