My list:

Boy to school ✔️ 
Coffee ✔️ 
Work at church ✔️ 
Pack
Call mom ✔️ Left a VM
Make food Dinner is in the oven.
Write a list

Leave for the women’s retreat by 3:00. It’s an hour drive. Need to take my supper bc they are serving snacks, but not a meal tonight. Dd is joining me there and will be home with us Sat night. 

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 5

Good morning!

I have bathing suit shopping today.  I'm looking for a tankini with boy shorts I will wear twice over the next 4 years, or less if I continue to grow in girth.  Wish me luck. 🤣

Today:

• shower
  • shopping
  • email notes because it's the first of the month
  • help ds prep for NLE
  • violin
  • 10,000 steps?  It's still cold out there
  • check ds's skates to see if they need to be sharpened, throw them in the car if so
  • sign up the kid for all the auditions and tryouts he decided on.  We threw out one based on location: a place notorious for black mold and hazards.  DS might have to go there to compete, but we don't need to go there every week for hours.
  • dinner: meatloaf, mashed potatoes, carrots.  A crowd pleaser.

Forced Family Fun night was last night.  I lost at Disney Jeopardy.  If you guys have any family that loves the films/parks, you should check it out on Youtube.  We use white boards to keep score/write responses (and don't subtract points for wrong answers).

• Like 5

Good Morning 

March 1 and the weather is back up to 50. 

Order and pu groceries. Trying Aldis for the first time. They opened a new one near me.

Make a house maintenance list of things to do in spring and summer. I keep seeing tasks that need attention and just need to write it all down. 

Do house cleaning. Make spring clean list or find one online

get ds to move his pc upstairs

walk dog and time outside training her to not pick up things like Pinecones, acorns etc

Finish watching Jurassic Park World Dominion

• Like 5

• work
  • dinner out with a friend
  • take amazon stuff back to UPS
  • continue with summer trip planning
  • need to make some goals for the weekend with our house.   I was planning to go pick up college boy 2.5 hours away but he says he can't come this weekend, so that frees up my Saturday.
  • Like 5

Good morning!

I slept in, so dh packed his food. 

I have a friend coming here for lunch. 

• put dishes away (ran dishwasher last night)
  • finish tidying house
  • dust
  • floors
  • shower and get ready
  • Bible study
  • make lunch
  • enjoy friend being here
  • finalize lesson plans for next week
  • grading/emailing
  • figure out dinner
  • watch something and relax

Edited by mom31257
  • Like 3

Good morning!

Today I have:

...coffee
...a few electronic shores

...grocery store for a few things before we leave
...come home and pack
...prep the K craft for Monday
...wrap the baby gift I'm taking to a friend who will also be at the tournament

...lunch/naps
...make sure the kids all know what they need to do this weekend while we're gone
...hit the road/head out

Tournament is tomorrow morning; should be a fun one! 

Edited by TheReader
  • Like 3

home from the grocery store

DH added "do you have time to make potato salad for Middle?"  -- yes, I do (Middle is sick w/a sore throat, LOVES potato salad, and we have potatoes needing to be used up), so going to get that going and prep the K craft while potatoes boil (we're making Egyptian collar necklaces; need to cut the card stock to the right shape, and cut the papers to use for "gems" on the collars).

• Like 4

Howdie, happy March!  And happy Friday!

Yesterday I really cranked out a lot of work.  I even worked ahead a little, to be efficient (reducing the # of times I need to open and close each Quickbooks file).  Then, I slept a reasonable amount, I think.

Today, I hope to continue the momentum and end the day with happy clients.  😛  I have researched & emailed re the one thing that was technically due today, and a few other client emails.  I also cleaned for the maid, and fielded a number of texts from my kid who wanted to come home from school.  (She suddenly felt better after I told her that coming home would mean (a) no screens and no friends all weekend, and (b) listening to cleaning and barking noises all day.)

How should I structure the rest of my work day?  I still have a lot of things that should have already been done.  I guess I should do those first, though I really want to do an inbox purge to clear my mind....

• Send completed financial data to auditors / tax preparers / investors.
  • About 10 more 2023 financial packages to complete and send to the auditors.
  • Confirms etc. for the auditors.
  • Review a client's pile of cash transfer memos.
  • Send out the remaining Q1 invoices.
  • Draft invoices for the next 4 quarters & roll forward accounting so the remaining 2024 accounting duties are relatively light.
  • File a lot of stuff that is in my inbox.
  • Assemble a bunch of data for upcoming Big Deadline.
  • Put out fires, various smaller tasks, and whatever I'm forgetting.

Personal stuff:

• Sign kids up for AP tests.
  • Yoga etc.
  • Get kids' Spanish lessons finalized & on the calendar.
  • Figure out whether or not my kid's retainer is somewhere around.
  • It's my turn to pick tonight's restaurant - ugh.
  • Walk the dog.
  • Whatever else gets done.
  • Like 5

Isn't it amazing, @SKL, how those little reminders improve our kiddos' overall health? LOL! 

Got the email that invoices are ready, so need to go in and update those who pay ahead (the new software makes this such.a.chore.), and then send my son's tuition payment. 

Kindergarten craft is prepped & ready, sample made. 

Potatoes are cooling while I ate a snack, and I'll go finish up the potato salad after I do the invoices.

• Like 4

A lot of back and forth about the name of a new venture we're going to do.  (I know, we said no new ventures, right?  But this one will use a space vacated by a tenant, to fill a need in one of our buildings, so I am telling myself it's not really a "new venture."  Plus, our employees are excited about it, so hopefully their momentum will allow me to watch from afar.)

• Like 5

3 hours ago, ScoutTN said:

@HomeAgain Do you have any luck with Lands End for swimwear? They are my go-to. 

Because I swim so rarely I don't really want to invest more than I have to, if that makes sense.  DS's schedule as he gets older makes family trips harder, so we don't do as many things like kayaking or hanging out at the beach anymore. 

I did find a top and bottom at Target.  They'll work for this upcoming vacation.

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, SKL said:

(She suddenly felt better after I told her that coming home would mean (a) no screens and no friends all weekend, and (b) listening to cleaning and barking noises all day.)

Isn't it amazing how that works?  😄 I convinced ds to go to school yesterday when he had a cough first thing.  Knowing he wouldn't get to play video games with his friends at esports was suddenly an antidote.  And today?  Definitely not sick at all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Invoices all marked

Payment sent

Potato salad done - ended up chunkier than normal, instead of creamy...oh well

Made a card for the baby gift, so that's all set (and a care tag for the quilt)

Nap time, then lunch, packing, head out -- we aren't on a tight schedule so can take our time with all of this

• Like 4

I really enjoyed lunch with my friend! 

Ds called in a panic because he couldn't find his passport, but as I was getting on here to ask you all to pray he finds it, he let me know it was found! Whew!!! That would have been an expensive loss. His trip is about $5000, and he would still have to take another trip. The school requires a global perspective trip for all the students. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, mom31257 said:

I really enjoyed lunch with my friend! 

Ds called in a panic because he couldn't find his passport, but as I was getting on here to ask you all to pray he finds it, he let me know it was found! Whew!!! That would have been an expensive loss. His trip is about $5000, and he would still have to take another trip. The school requires a global perspective trip for all the students. 

I must have missed it, where  is he going?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mommyoffive said:

I must have missed it, where  is he going?

I don't know if I have posted about it or not. He leaves next Friday for a 10-day trip to Italy with the business department.  I think they are going to Rome, Florence, and Sorrento. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, mom31257 said:

I don't know if I have posted about it or not. He leaves next Friday for a 10-day trip to Italy with the business department.  I think they are going to Rome, Florence, and Sorrento. 

Sounds great! Can’t wait to hear how it goes! Has he ever been to Europe before? 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, ScoutTN said:

Sounds great! Can’t wait to hear how it goes! Has he ever been to Europe before? 

No.but thankfully he has flown before. He flew to Seattle and then on to Alaska. He's flown a few times to Colorado Springs after a girlfriend moved back there after her dad died. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mom31257 said:

No.but thankfully he has flown before. He flew to Seattle and then on to Alaska. He's flown a few times to Colorado Springs after a girlfriend moved back there after her dad died. 

How exciting to go for the first time.   I love Rome and Florence.  I hope he has a great trip.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1