Menu

I need pants for work

DawnM

They just sent out a memo telling us that our standard/district dress code is back in place.   They reminded us that we were not allowed to wear jeans or sweatpants.

I found these, what do you think?

61P4H8yDzLL._AC_SX679_.jpg

• Haha 18

They'll look great on you, I'm sure 😍

My school is trying to have teachers pay $50 for the year to wear jeans on Fridays. I asked what happens if we just wear jeans Mondays through Thursdays...  

Do teachers really wear such outrageous things that you need a dress code for adults?

• Sad 2

6 minutes ago, Pippen said:

Good luck with those!

I wear Gloria Vanderbilt Classic jeans in colors every day. They pass for non-jeans but the fit and feel is like jeans--softer even. 

I would like to find some of those in something that will fit me well.   The Vanderbilt ones do not fit well.   I used to have brown, red, black, and tan ones that I got years ago, can't remember the brand.   They are long gone/worn out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kanin said:

They'll look great on you, I'm sure 😍

My school is trying to have teachers pay $50 for the year to wear jeans on Fridays. I asked what happens if we just wear jeans Mondays through Thursdays...  

Do teachers really wear such outrageous things that you need a dress code for adults?

It is ridiculous.  In CA we could wear jeans every day in my district and no one cared.   We never looked "ratty."

• Like 1

😂😂😂 But I still take them as better than this JJill option which is a throwback to my grandmother's days, A fashion choice that should have become extinct....the polyester nasty fabric pants with the nubby permanent "crease". When my grandmother died, we found 32 pairs of these pants in the back of her walk in closet. I was practically traumatized by the time we dug them all out, folded them, and hauled them off to the thrift store where we prayed they would go to the fabric recycler but in fact were put on the rack, and SOLD! 😱

straight-leg-pants-253261871xs?jid=94656259&category=P&jid=700000005&category=P&source_campaign=Shopping-Bottoms&keyword=device=t&gad_source=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI6L_6hsTLgwMVvUdHAR1Y4ABHEAQYASABEgJeXPD_BwE

Begging you. Do not wear the polyester nubby crease pants. Do not contribute to the fashion industry ideal of recycling criminally awful fashion statements from the past! 😁

• Like 1

That's so annoying. Our superintendent wears jeans half the time. 

Stitch Fix seems to have amazing powers to find pants that fit me. And they always have nice stretch and are comfy (and have pockets!) May be worth a shot?

• Like 1

Old Navy has some “pixie pants” that look like dress pants but feel like yoga pants. They even have petite lengths, but I got those online. 

I say go for the sparkly pants . . . and post photos and reactions. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, DawnM said:

It is ridiculous.  In CA we could wear jeans every day in my district and no one cared.   We never looked "ratty."

Of course not. It's not like the kids are confused about who their teachers are!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Faith-manor said:

😂😂😂 But I still take them as better than this JJill option which is a throwback to my grandmother's days, A fashion choice that should have become extinct....the polyester nasty fabric pants with the nubby permanent "crease". When my grandmother died, we found 32 pairs of these pants in the back of her walk in closet. I was practically traumatized by the time we dug them all out, folded them, and hauled them off to the thrift store where we prayed they would go to the fabric recycler but in fact were put on the rack, and SOLD! 😱

straight-leg-pants-253261871xs?jid=94656259&category=P&jid=700000005&category=P&source_campaign=Shopping-Bottoms&keyword=device=t&gad_source=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI6L_6hsTLgwMVvUdHAR1Y4ABHEAQYASABEgJeXPD_BwE

Begging you. Do not wear the polyester nubby crease pants. Do not contribute to the fashion industry ideal of recycling criminally awful fashion statements from the past! 😁

My Mamaw wore these every day. Before she got dressed she wore a floor length house coat. 🤣

• Like 1