Menu

Happy Juul! Anyone else celebrating the winter solstice?

Faith-manor

We had a bit of a feast. Roast vegetables, grilled lamb chops, homemade bread, and berries. We then went outside and had a bonfire for a while. We used a partially burnt log from last year as our "Yule log". But, we were feeling kind of cold, and Lewis the dog was wanting in, so we are back on the couch watching the Will Ferrell EuroVision movie. I am normally not a fan of Will Ferrell, but this movie is kind of hilarious.

Mark has mead (I am not a fan), but he will only have a tiny bit.

I have the family room lit with 15 battery led candles and one wax pillar candle. Feels very Hygge in here at the moment.

Edited by Faith-manor
  • Like 13

I normally do celebrate the solstice but am still in a post-graduation hangover. No alcohol involved, just extreme exhaustion. My child graduated from college on Monday and we ended up with a houseful of family and friends. I cooked several meals for 12 people. I loved every moment of it, but it has left me with bone crushing fatigue. Yesterday was also chilly and rainy, which didn’t help. Oh! I did sort my seeds and pulled out tomato and pepper seeds, as I will be starting those soon. That likely isn’t a good way to mark the start of winter, by looking ahead to summer. LOL Today I do hope to get out in nature. 

• Like 5