Menu

Low carb side dishes for crab cakes?

ScoutTN

9 minutes ago, alisoncooks said:

Cole slaw. Some sort of French fry/potato. Hush puppies. (But this all might be my Southern showing. Idk what other regions have with crab cakes…)

Of course if it's a USA flavored crab cake, Alison is totally correct.  But maybe make  crab cakes with a southeast asian flair (lemongrass, ginger, shallots) and go with thai salad sides and noodles....

• Like 2

• ScoutTN changed the title to Low carb side dishes for crab cakes?
15 hours ago, Faith-manor said:

Garlicky roasted green beans would be a favorite of mine along with carrot slaw. Another option might be stuffed red peppers if you keep the amount of wild rice very low, and use Asiago parm plus sautéed veggies and mushrooms to fill them.

Do you have a recipe for those peppers?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Drama Llama said:

Do you have a recipe for those peppers?

Not really. I just throw it together. If I had to approximate a guess, I would say: 1 large sweet onion peeled, and finely diced. 1 package of baby portabella mushrooms (crimini) sliced and saute` with a large, finely diced celery stalk, add some shredded fresh spinach to wilt, three or four minced garlic cloves, 1/3 cup asiago, and basil. Salt to taste, mix with 1-1.5 cups cooked wild or brown rice. Brown the outsides of and bottoms of hollowed out peppers under the broiler, just lightly. Then fill the peppers and put back under the broiler to toast well.

I don't use recipes much anymore. LOL, I think I watched too much Beat Bobby Flay. Now I kind of make it up as I go, tasting along the way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1