Menu

Need new morning coffee mug

almondbutterandjelly

I need y'all's help on a very serious matter.  For the past couple of years, I have been using lidless Disney plastic travel mugs (I think they are called Rapid Refill Mugs that you get from the Disney World hotels) for my morning coffee.  They are the perfect size (16oz), and I love having the handle.  I like that they are plastic because we break things here.  However, they need to be replaced.  The Disney characters have all but disappeared from the outside, and I need new holders for my morning coffee.  I would also like them to have lids and the ability to fit in my car cup holder.  What do you all use for your morning coffee?  I can't find anything just right, and I don't want to buy used ones on eBay,  so I need to go in a slightly different direction.  Help a coffee drinker out.

I'm a diehard Contigo West Loop fan. Spill proof, doesn't leak if the lid is put on correctly, non-breakable, keeps my coffee hot for a long time, and fits my hand comfortably. I only buy the stainless steel in order to avoid any peeling issues. But it might not suit you since it doesn't have a handle.

There's a meme that I see regularly on FB that says: I can't explain it with science, but the mug you drink your coffee from matters." And IMHO it's very true. I hope you find the mug that's right for you.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pawz4me said:

I'm a diehard Contigo West Loop fan. Spill proof, doesn't leak if the lid is put on correctly, non-breakable, keeps my coffee hot for a long time, and fits my hand comfortably. I only buy the stainless steel in order to avoid any peeling issues. But it might not suit you since it doesn't have a handle.

There's a meme that I see regularly on FB that says: I can't explain it with science, but the mug you drink your coffee from matters." And IMHO it's very true. I hope you find the mug that's right for you.

This a million times. I cried when I lost one of mine. 

• Like 2

If you are talking about the style in this photo, I have a few that I can send you. We used them very little (a couple I think not at all) when we went last year for our 25th anniversary (we honeymooned there 😊). We always get them and never use them once we get home. I was planning to weed out my cupboards later this month, so you’d actually be doing me a favor because I’d rather give them to someone who appreciates them than donate them.

IMG_5802.jpeg

• Like 7

I like drinking out of oversized mugs without lids, because I don’t like my coffee piping hot.

In that vein, this is my current favorite, although it is not currently available:

https://www.amazon.com/Carpe-Caffeine-Large-Black-Coffee/dp/B06XRZJX3Y

If I wanted a lidded one, there is just one place I would look for it, and that is on the Corkcicle website.  Their stuff is design forward and high quality.  I have never once been disappointed with anything I have bought there.  Here is what I would get right now, in either midnight, gloss powder blue, or dragonfly:

https://corkcicle.com/collections/commuter-cup

They do make another design with handles, but their insulation is good enough and their cups are grippable enough that I think a handle is not needed.  But in case you really want them, here you go:

https://corkcicle.com/collections/type-coffee-mug/products/disney-tie-dye-mug?variant=39744041746520

16 oz, insulated, Minnie Mouse design, lidded.  With a handle.  

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Alte Veste Academy said:

If you are talking about the style in this photo, I have a few that I can send you. We used them very little (a couple I think not at all) when we went last year for our 25th anniversary (we honeymooned there 😊). We always get them and never use them once we get home. I was planning to weed out my cupboards later this month, so you’d actually be doing me a favor because I’d rather give them to someone who appreciates them than donate them.

IMG_5802.jpeg

You are awesome!  PM'ing you.

• Like 1

The Yeti 20 oz Rambler is my go-to because it has a screw on lid that's leak-proof if screwed on properly (and is gasket-free so doesn't get gunky), magnetic closer-thingie (so the entire thing can be disassembled for cleaning), and is 20 oz. with a handle but designed to fit in the cup holder.  
If I'm drinking coffee at home, I like the Yeti 14 oz. Rambler .  It's too big for the cup holder but it feels more like a regular cup. 
Yetis are expensive but I haven't found another kind that compares. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Kidlit said:

The Yeti 20 oz Rambler is my go-to because it has a screw on lid that's leak-proof if screwed on properly (and is gasket-free so doesn't get gunky), magnetic closer-thingie (so the entire thing can be disassembled for cleaning), and is 20 oz. with a handle but designed to fit in the cup holder.  
If I'm drinking coffee at home, I like the Yeti 14 oz. Rambler .  It's too big for the cup holder but it feels more like a regular cup. 
Yetis are expensive but I haven't found another kind that compares. 

I have these in addition to my large Stanley tumbler. I love the screw on lid. The 20 oz rambler is the first and only one that Yeti has made with this, I think. I found a knock off that fits my 20 oz one that is a straw lid instead of the mag slider. It’s exactly the same in every other way. The 20 oz screw on lid mug is my absolute favorite of any mug/tumbler I’ve ever used, since adding the straw lid. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Indigo Blue said:

I have these in addition to my large Stanley tumbler. I love the screw on lid. The 20 oz rambler is the first and only one that Yeti has made with this, I think. I found a knock off that fits my 20 oz one that is a straw lid instead of the mag slider. It’s exactly the same in every other way. The 20 oz screw on lid mug is my absolute favorite of any mug/tumbler I’ve ever used, since adding the straw lid. 

Can you share specifics about the brand or source of the lid?