Menu

So, am I a terrible person if...

KIN

I've been feeling simply horrible b/c we just can't afford to send out Christmas cards this year. In years past, we have a picture of the kids and a newsletter. This year, we can't afford the stamps, the pictures or the cost of ink to print the mass amounts of newsletters. It's sad. I love sending cards. I love giving gifts. But, it's not happening. If I can get my act together, I'll send out e-greetings to those whose email I have. Otherwise, a phone call or face-to-face greetings will have to suffice.

I didn't send out *any* Christmas cards? Gasp! I seriously forgot all about it until last Sunday when I had a bunch of cards in my church mailbox. Now I'm thinking I'll just not do them this year.

Well, if you're a terrible person, can I grab the seat next to you? I didn't send out anything, either.

On the other hand, I didn't *receive* any cards this year, either -- so there must be a lot of "terrible persons" out there. ;)

Edited by Kris
Shouldn't have said that.

I didn't do any cards either. I've been sick so much lately, something had to slide. We'll be seeing 80 percent of the people who would be receiving a card over the holidays anyway. I think I will send out an email with some pics of the girls and a Christmas wish of some sort, though. Just so no one thinks they got cut from the list.

We never do them, and frankly, I've never really seen the point in them. (Am I a scrooge or what?!) All I see is a lot of wasted paper from people I speak to pretty often anyway, and I just feel like a name on a list when I get cards from people I hardly ever speak to. Does that make you feel any better, or does it just make me look bad? :lol: Seriously though, most of my friends and family don't send holiday cards out, and I don't consider any of them bad people. Don't sweat it, save the effort for next year.

You know, over the last few years I've noticed a decrease in the amount of Christmas cards we receive. People we still see regularly and are friends with including family. Last year I limited my cards to people I wouldn't be seeing in person before Christmas. This year, I guess I'm terrible too.

Janet

This year I am sending the cards I bought for last Christmas. Half of them were already addressed. :) I'm working on them now. I'm really terrible about keeping in touch so I figured I'd better at least send a card with a little bit of news about the family.

I love getting Christmas cards - especially from the people I rarely, if ever, see. I love reading all the news and hearing how the kids and/or dogs are growing. I've been exchanging cards with one friend since we were in 6th grade (1969). It's always great to hear from her.

I used to send out cards to all my relatives and sent out nice gifts too. I spent lots of time finding the right gift and making custom cards. I stopped that a few years ago when it dawned on me that nobody was putting that kind of thought into remembering me and my family. Not even cards from most. I tried thinking that I should feel good about 'giving' and not receiving however, after many years of that, it is kinda hard to ignore that I sent cards into a huge black hole. I stopped doing it and now we take that card and gift money and spend it giving to charity. I don't feel like a scrooge. It is just a case of us finding a more fulfilling holiday tradition. :)

I haven't sent any in years. The only ones this year are to my grandfathers and my housebound uncle.

I actually like to receive cards -- especially family photos! -- and I keep meaning to get my act together and send them to everyone... But I'm afraid it's pretty low priority.

I had a several boxes of Christmas cards, but they weren't in the Christmas boxes this year. I vaguely recall tossing them when I was decluttering the den last January.

So I decluttered my to-do list by striking off mailing cards.

I don't know why, but I just don't care about Christmas cards any more -- sending them or receiving them.

RC

I didn't send out *any* Christmas cards? Gasp! I seriously forgot all about it until last Sunday when I had a bunch of cards in my church mailbox. Now I'm thinking I'll just not do them this year.

What, is it too late? I was just thinking that I should get started... :D

There are 12 days of Christmas, right? Don't I have till sometime in January??? :p