Menu

Amazon question

gardenmom5

Has anyone had orders disappear from their history?
I ordered a heated mattress pad - and it's not there.  I'm sure I got it from amazon.

I have had another item where it shows up in my history (it says one thing, but the picture is completely different) - but if you go there it shows up as something completely different.  (

If an order has been archived it won't show up in your history.  I don't remember how to get to the archived orders, but they stay in the archive unless you "unarchive" them at some point.  I archive orders during the holiday season. Since 4 of us use the account, I utilize that to hide gifts, as no one else knows to do that. 

I have. I went to return something that came in a different size than I ordered and it wasn’t there, even through a search. I ended up being able to give them to someone else who could use them so I didn’t investigate further but gone. Also last night I found a random thing around our house and went to search when I bought it, not in the history either for the last 5 years. 

If you bought the item along with several other things, it's possible that the order list you see when scrolling won't show up.  They only show three or four things on the orders history page and you have to click to see more if you bought, say five or six items.

Scroll slowly through your orders during the time frame you think you bought it and see if any of the orders have a "other items" note at the bottom. If so, you had other items in that order that just aren't shown on that main page. Just click on "view this order" and your entire order will show up. Your missing item might be there.

I've had this happen many, many times and it's frustrating when I'm just fast-scrolling for the photo of the item I'm looking for.

**I might be wrong on the terms "other items" and "view this order", but it's easy to spot when you see it.

4 hours ago, Lady Marmalade said:

If an order has been archived it won't show up in your history.  I don't remember how to get to the archived orders, but they stay in the archive unless you "unarchive" them at some point.  I archive orders during the holiday season. Since 4 of us use the account, I utilize that to hide gifts, as no one else knows to do that. 

Never heard of archive.
I have multiple people on my Amazon account - no one can see what I've ordered, and I can't see what they've ordered.

2 hours ago, wisdomandtreasures said:

Yes, but if you do a search for the item, it'll show up.

it's not.

1 hour ago, Katy said:

If you scroll through previous years it will be there, it's just not in whatever their recent history is (I think 6 months), OR you're not using the right search term.

I'm looking for a heated mattress pad (I wanted to see if there was a warranty)   Only so many ways that can be said . . .    I went to costco thinking maybe I bought it there - but they only have orders going back to 2021.   

There was a seller who used the same slot from whence I ordered my vacuum, and replaced it with a sewing machine . . . so next to the order info for my vacuum is a picture of a sewing machine.  For quite a while, if I went to the page, it was a sewing machine - with a very confusing listing.

4 minutes ago, Wildcat said:

If you bought the item along with several other things, it's possible that the order list you see when scrolling won't show up.  They only show three or four things on the orders history page and you have to click to see more if you bought, say five or six items.

Scroll slowly through your orders during the time frame you think you bought it and see if any of the orders have a "other items" note at the bottom. If so, you had other items in that order that just aren't shown on that main page. Just click on "view this order" and your entire order will show up. Your missing item might be there.

I've had this happen many, many times and it's frustrating when I'm just fast-scrolling for the photo of the item I'm looking for.

**I might be wrong on the terms "other items" and "view this order", but it's easy to spot when you see it.

I've never had the archives hide an item, each item has always shown up separately.  

6 hours ago, Lady Marmalade said:

Some tips on using the archives, since that's come up:

To see my archived orders I go to where my name is in the upper right corner of the opening screen (on desktop) "Hello, XXXX, Account & LIsts". I click that, and get a page showing various options of things to do with my account. Third line down, far right column is "Archived orders". Click on that, and you'll be in your archived list.

As @wisdomandtreasures pointed out, when someone's searching for similar items on the account, the archived item will be flagged as something you purchased - just like non-archived items are - at which point the person shopping can exclaim, "Wait, you purchased this?" and awkward conversation can ensue. I've also had archived things show up on the list when I'm making a return - I get a list of EVERYTHING I've recently purchased including the secret archived items. Sheesh, way to spoil a surprise, Amazon.  All of which to say the archives isn't exactly as top secret as one might sometimes hope.

As for the problem of the OP, I have no thoughts except that what's happened to your mattress pad order sounds really, really annoying and frustrating.

12 hours ago, gardenmom5 said:

I've never had the archives hide an item, each item has always shown up separately.  

I've never archived an item, either. What I'm talking about happens on the normal orders page.

Let me see if I can explain it better. I went into my orders history to get the exact wording.

When I go to my orders page, I see each order placed and the items in that order.

Because I place lots of small orders of fewer than five items, most of those orders show each item purchased on that main page.

Larger orders with many items show a maximum of four items and under the last item where "archive order" usually is, is a phrase saying "see all 7 items" (or all 4 other items, or all 83 other items-- however many items were in that particular order).

It's easy to overlook if one is scrolling quickly looking for a thumbnail of a specific item previously purchased, but it's there. It is not archived. It's just that that particular order has too many items to show on the main page.

20 hours ago, gardenmom5 said:

I have had another item where it shows up in my history (it says one thing, but the picture is completely different) - but if you go there it shows up as something completely different.  (

This happened to me just recently.  I wanted to re-order something, but when I went to my original order, while it showed the correct item in my order history,  it showed a picture of a different item when I clicked on it.   This has happened to me several times over the years.  

3 hours ago, Wildcat said:

I've never archived an item, either. What I'm talking about happens on the normal orders page.

Let me see if I can explain it better. I went into my orders history to get the exact wording.

When I go to my orders page, I see each order placed and the items in that order.

Because I place lots of small orders of fewer than five items, most of those orders show each item purchased on that main page.

Larger orders with many items show a maximum of four items and under the last item where "archive order" usually is, is a phrase saying "see all 7 items" (or all 4 other items, or all 83 other items-- however many items were in that particular order).

It's easy to overlook if one is scrolling quickly looking for a thumbnail of a specific item previously purchased, but it's there. It is not archived. It's just that that particular order has too many items to show on the main page.

I searched my order history for the item.  Nothing showed up.  I can search for an item and it will show up, even if there were multiple items in the order.

while I thought I ordered it from Amazon, it's possible I ordered it from Costco. (Costco's order history only goes to 2021.  Pretty worthless.)

6 hours ago, gardenmom5 said:

I searched my order history for the item.  Nothing showed up.  I can search for an item and it will show up, even if there were multiple items in the order.

while I thought I ordered it from Amazon, it's possible I ordered it from Costco. (Costco's order history only goes to 2021.  Pretty worthless.)

Ah, gotcha. I don't have much luck searching that way for some reason so I always just go through the orders pages.

I hope you can find it! Maybe check old inbox emails for Costco purchase confirmations? That has worked for me before. Not always, but I have had luck doing that.