Menu

clean romance novels

• 1 month later...

KM Shea writes clean fantasy, fairy tale, and paranormal romances. I don't know if any are coming of age; the ones I've read are all young adult or new adult. She uses some particularly creative figurative language, and many of her books are quite funny as well. There's something like 12 books in just her Magiford series of trilogies, I absolutely loved the newest set with the young woman who can transform into a black cat. She spends almost an entire book trapped with an "evil" (not really) elf king pretending to be a cat and it's hilarious.

12 hours ago, Cake and Pi said:

She spends almost an entire book trapped with an "evil" (not really) elf king pretending to be a cat and it's hilarious.

That does sound like fun! I've downloaded a sample to see what I think. Thank you!

Regards,

Kareni

@CalizzyThis may be a little too close to the "prairie" genre, but maybe not. Your daughter can decide.

Christy by Catherine Marshall, is an old novel (written 1967, but the setting is 1912) of a young woman who goes to a rural town in Appalachia to teach.  There's a little romance, and quite a lot of coming-of-age.  The novel is "Christian", but it was written long before the contemporary heavy-handed Christian romance genre.  

I loved it as a teenager.  In fact, I think I need to read it again!

Edited by Quarter Note

On 3/20/2023 at 10:35 AM, Kareni said:

My daughter and I both liked The Scarlet Pimpernel at about that age. My father recommended it as he had also liked it.

Regards,

Kareni

I still love Pimpernel! And of course, if you read the book, you also have to see the movie with Jane Seymour.  I even have several of the sequels.

• Like 1