Menu

opinions on King Arthur gluten free flour "measure for measure" or good gluten free chocolate cake recipes

popmom

I'm hoping to make the groom's cake for dd's wedding gluten free. He wants chocolate. 🙂 The groom's twin sister is intolerant. 

Any tips appreciated. I need to experiment tonight, and finalize my recipe by midweek next week.

I have a chocolate cake recipe that I have made with great success in the past, so I was hoping maybe I could just use the King Arthur sub and use my usual recipe.

ETA: I just saw that my Target has a KA gluten free chocolate cake mix that gets good reviews. I may go pick that up and try it.

Edited by popmom

The King ARthur gluten free chocolate cake mix is REALLY good. Like, no one will know it is gluten free. Delicious. Otherwise yes, KA measure for measure flour is what I always use with good results. But I'd just grab the mix since you won't have to experiment at all. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

My old computer just had the power cord destroyed by an exuberant over sugared child, so I can’t find the recipe, but I made the cakes for my own wedding because I couldn’t find a GF baker. The one thing I learned is that most GF mixes are dry, so if you follow a recipe you might decide to put in some unsweetened applesauce, in equal measure as the oil. But you have to dial that back a bit for really big cakes (like 16”+) or the cakes have a higher chance of cracking. 

I didn’t find my own mix was better than a boxed cake mix so I switched to those. 

• Like 1