Menu

Dr. Hive What are these rashes on DS11

Princess5

DS 11 has been scratching and last night had these rashes most of his body, back belly, chin, feet etc...he usually has very dry skin and we moisturize him as he lets us ( sometimes as he does not like lotions etc).  Last night he would not sleep till 2am..tried everything like sarna anti itch etc...but I finally gave in and gave him benadryl and he finally went to sleep.  This morning he was fine went to school skin seemed ok and now again he has those rashes ... What could they be?  What could be causing them?  What should we do?

PXL_20230110_204011274.thumb.jpg.c85ce8d27ec23fea307a100da1b2eaa4.jpg

PXL_20230110_204047049.jpg

PXL_20230110_203959436.jpg

PXL_20230110_203944311.jpg

Edited by Princess5

Very likely hives. DS18 had a similar problem when he was in kindergarten. The public school nurse could give him Benadryl if his pediatrician writes a note for his school. I opt for the school nurse to call me instead as the school was a 10mins walk away. 
What we did was wash his bedsheets, comforter and pillowcases just in case. We also run the air purifier in the bedroom. Usually it resolves by itself.

DS18 doesn’t like moisturizer but he is more afraid of the smell than the texture so he use my unscented moisturizer when the itch is bad. 

My son had a rash like this once.  It lasted about 3 days.  I think he had a fever the first day, but he was not very sick

The doctor said it was a virus.  

They didn’t itch and I put something on…. I’m not sure.  Something supposed to help them not itch.  But they didn’t end up itching.