Menu

Keeping BAked Potatoes Warm

Elizabeth86

38 minutes ago, vonfirmath said:

How long do you want to keep them warM?

WE make baked potatoes ahead and then warm them up one by one in the microwave to eat over time

This is the situation. My kids love baked potatoes. Sometimes I want them for dinner on a day we will be out of the house. So, I wanted to bake them in the morning, but have them at dinner.

1 minute ago, Mrs Tiggywinkle Again said:

My grandfather loved to take long hikes in his woods. He’d bake two potatoes in the morning, wrap in foil and then a kitchen towel, put them in his overcoat pocket and they’d be nice and warm when he dedcided to eat them. He’d usually put one in each pocket and they’d double as a hand warmer.

I love this!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mrs Tiggywinkle Again said:

He was a homeless teenager during the depression, bouncing between relatives’ houses, and I believe baked potatoes(which grow pretty well here) were often used as a source of both food and heat. 

I might try it on my next hike myself lol.

So sad. Bless his heart. I may try this on our next hike as well. 

1 hour ago, busymama7 said:

Like washed and pierced with skin on?

Yes, washed, pierced and laid on top of the meatloaf or roast or just cooked by themselves. If cooked on high, the parts touching the side will get a little over done, so I recommend cooking on low, or just eating around that spot

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Elizabeth86 said:

How long do you bake them in the crockpot?

About 4 hours in high and 8 on low. I have to either put them in at breakfast or lunch to have them ready for dinner. It depends on the size of the potato, but once a knife goes through just keep them warm. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1